What are the chances...

°Jacob°

Cheesehead
Reaction score
of the packers picking up Asante Samuel (did i spell asante right?? my bad cuz i probably didnt)

anyway i never really understood the free agency is it just whoever gets there first... whoever gives the best deal or does it have to do with how good or bad your team is or just wherever the player wants to go?

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well my experiences of free agency is from Madden. :p I'm pretty sure it's a mixture of whoever offers the best deal and wherever the player wants to go.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably not happening. Not sure Harris or Woodson would like being the nickel back and you know Samuel wouldn't. I think Samuel will get a contract equal or greater than Nate Clements and that's just not something the Packers would give.

So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy wants a deal comperable to 10 years/100 million with 30 million in guaranteed money. That's not to say he will get that much, but that's elite QB money right there and far more than TT and the Packers would be willing to shell out.

No, the best bet is to address our nickel spot in the draft and hope guys like Tramon Williams and Will Blackmon can get better at CB while still being strong contributors on special teams.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The money that he will command will be far beyond what the Packers are willing to spend. To tie up that much money in one guy, (while I do believe he is great), is probably something that Thompson won't do.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the right kind of FA signing, just not very good timing as noted above (who would be our two starters?).

I'm a huge Asante Samuel fan though. It's too bad he won't end up here.

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching an NFL special on Free Agents and they commented on Asante Samuels. After analyzing his play and his strengths and weaknesses, they said he currently plays in a Zone secondary and is not suited at all for Man to Man. Since the Packers play almost strictly man to man, and Asante is asking for a lot of money, it wouldn't make any sense for GB to pick him up.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Samuel is a system Corner, and wants something on the order of Nate Clements MOney. I'd rather draft a young guy then him.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well my experiences of free agency is from Madden.

unfortunately it appears some of your fellow posters share the same limited experience!

This thread is dumb :p , Samuel to GB would never happen in a million years.

Members online

Latest posts