What are Bretts strengths and weaknesses rite now?

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all of the Farve discussion of late I was trying to evaluate if and how much his physical skills have erroded or if it is more of a decision making problem.

Physical Skills
#1. Throwing the ball.
Arm strength is still in the top half of the league if not the top 1/4.

#2. Legs.
Still moves in the pocket fairly well.....Mike Vick he is not but who is?

Mental Skills
#1. Blitz reads.
I am a little unsure about this one as alot of this comes from game planning and understanding defence's tendancys.

#2. Route progression.
If there is one this he does not do as well I would say it is this. Tends to lock on one reciever at times though that maybe due to lack of confidence in the wr.

#3. Game management.
Again his game management skills as far as playing smart we never his strength but his current trend of trying to do everything is hurting the team.

In review I would say the physical Favre is as good as has been the last 4 years or so but the Mental side of the game is struggling big time.

I think with a coach that knew how to handle him and how to make the best use of his skills he is still a top 1/3 QB. He needs a offensive coach that he belives in and that is not affraid to at least push him a little rather than ask for his autograph. If and I know it's a big if.....he would just make better decisions at times he could play for another 2-3 years.

Looking forward to everyones insight.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this late date, I doubt if ANY coach can influence/change Favre's thinking. He is very nonchalant about all his INTs and tends to pass the blame elsewhere.(see his remarks re: Leach.) For years this team relied on him completely and now that it no longer can, the wheels have fallen off. This version of the team is, and has been, ill-prepared from pre-season to the present day. They're sloppy and undisciplined, Favre included. Ugly to look at, but there is always hope for the future. I trust TT to do a great job in the off-season and in the next year or two, this year will be just a bad dream.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strength - Determination to get through the worst season of his career.

Weakness - Fans who are calling for his head after one losing season.

GBnative

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know many people keep saying that Favre's arm strength is as great as it ever has been, but it seems I have noticed more and more underthrown passes and throws into the dirt this year than ever before. I wonder if his arm has slipped a little bit and he hasn't realized or acknowledged a change, and nobody on the Packers has the courage to bring it up for fear of insulting him. This is something I intend to keep an eye on during the remaining games to see if it becomes more noticable. Pavre has said that when he can no longer make all the throws he needs/wants to, that will be when it is time to retire.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GBnative...welcome aboard and keep watching. I believe they clocked him on Monday night against the Queens and his arm strength was equivalent to a 96 mph fastball although I have no idea how they figure that. Ask Donald Driver....there is nothing wrong with his arm strength. I would take Favre over any QB in the league.

Sorry....bashing Favre seems to be the trendy thing to do on this site. Those who know football can tell that he has lost very little if anything. Take away the 8-10 picks that are the receivers fault and he would have a rating comparable or better than the guys up top.

Go ahead....count him out....and he will tear your heart out. He is a warrior.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To all "so called" Green Bay Packer fans who never played the game of football...what part of these 2 facts don't you understand????

1. Favre has NO TEAM AROUND HIM...Besides Driver and Lee...the receivers are either signed off the street or are NFL Europe quality players...(and yes..I am including Ferguson in this equation...) This makes it very EASY for other teams to cover the Packer receivers....

Perhaps some of you people don't understand..but it takes time for a QB and receiver to develop a rhythm with each other. Receivers have to be talented, know the offense and run good routes. They must be able to get open and catch the ball..This has not been happening. How can you possibly judge Favre under these circumstances?

2. The offensive coaching staff sucks...

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Strengths- Has confidence to try to make any throw.

Weakness- Has confidence to try to make any throw.

Favre's been doing this since he's been in GB, this year he has no other playmakers to relinquish the pressure. All eyes are on him to make it work and he feels it. When you've been carrying the load for some time, it gets frustrating that no one else is sharing the load.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to have Farve on our team right now.

With how our D is currently playing, we'd be unstoppable.
Even Tice couldn't screw him up.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
See loyal Pack fans...

How would you like to see Brett Favre leading to purple ***********s to a SB championship?

Would be kind of like seeing the Pope defecating in the woods.....sacriledge!!! :shock:

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
See loyal Pack fans...

How would you like to see Brett Favre leading to purple ***********s to a SB championship?

Would be kind of like seeing the Pope defecating in the woods.....sacriledge!!! :shock:
Hey, we're not the purple ***********s!

We're the Sexkings! Ask Carol!

I'll bet Brett would LOVE to be a Sexking. And we would love to have him!

Maybe we need Sharper to talk to him, as it's worked out well for him.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what i'd like to know is how many different ways the "favre bashers" (or whatever you like to call yourselves these days) can come up with to make these "new" & oh so tiring threads??
:stop: :nono: :beersign:

please - tell me NO MORE!! :cross:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will find a way sushine, but when we go into a major slump after he is gone acleast many of us will be able to say we did not jump of the 14 year band wagon because of a losing season that was not Brett's fault. Man if they think it's bad now, just wait until he is gone.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's my point exactly..Winni...

If anybody else was QB...things would be infinitely WORSE!

(they just don't get it...)

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has lost a smidge off his scrambling ability, but otherwise, NO DOUBT, he still has the same physical ability that he had in the MVP yrs.

what frustrates me is the mental aspect of his game, something which is VERY CORRECTABLE. He is way too nonchalant about poor decisions, ints, forced throws, etc.

Yes, gunslinger is why he's been successful, but there is a time and a place. The Pack was in the Cincy game when he started trying to jam everything in there which led to 5 picks...there was NO reason to throw those 2 picks on the final drive on Sunday, PLENTY of time left, throw it away, not into 2 and 3 coverage!

He's always had a history of playing like a maniac at times, REGARDLESS OF THE ROSTER. The first 3 quarters of the Dallas playoff games of the early 90s (even Aikman alluded to this on sun), his infamous dome record throughout the 90s, his performance in the playoffs v. St Louis, Atlanta, and minny.

He's played very irresponsibly at times this year too...way too much of a sandlot attitude, and it has cost a packer team w/ no margin for error in some close games.

If he plays more with his head, he's still has the physical ability to be the best in the biz, but he needs to start playing more responsibly!!!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not think you can call any fan on this board Brett bashers. If you are on this forum, you are a Packer Fan.

Any fan of the Pack knows that Brett is a hero, God bless him, and I will cherish every memory I have of him.

Net and I are not Brett Bashers, nor is anyone else on this forum who have realized that age has caught up to him. We are people who realize that age is a factor and it will end any career.

It is not fair to call us Brett Bashers. I have not read one post where someone was bashing him... My God people, be realistic, after all it is about reality.

Look I have personal experience in this. I personally have gone through this... I worshiped a player who was the greatest in the history of the game... I argued with people who said he is no longer getting it done... I called them basheres of my hero. I took the side that anything he does now is still better than most, that he deserves the respect.

Now I made those arguemnts on the old NC Forum... But people there typed things like "Get real RP he is done" Get real RP you are living in the past." "Get real RP he is over the hill and why not develop younger players."

Some of those people may be some of you... But now, Now it is about BRETT it is a different ball game baby! I and Net become Brett Bashers?

Brett is one of my heros, I love him to death.

Jeryy Rice is also one of my hero's, and when the Raiders signed him many of you made comments to me that were an un-called for cut in my skin.

Jerry Rice and Brett are of the same class.

Are Net and I the only people here who realize that it is not about bashing a hero but it is abolut reality?

Once again,

Shaking my head in San Diego!

P.S. Look for me Sunday Night in the "Q" on T.V. I will be the guy wearing a Packers Jersey and a Raiders Helmut. I will be holding a sign that says: "Super Bowl 41... Raiders 35 - Packers 34" Screw the Charger Fans... They know nothing about a championship!

RP

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts