What about Packers next opponent?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who do you like in the Pats/Bolts game?

I hope that SD pulls a miracle out of the bag and gets past the Patriots.

THUS setting up the match up for the Superbowl that I had dreamed of in the offseason...

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pats and Bolts.

If the weather forecast is correct there will be the wind, and a damn good wind at that. The cold Brady can handle. The wind may be a challenge for the Pats "O"

Combine that with L.T...... Who I think will not only be ready from his slight injury, but looking to make a point and is ready for a break out game.

Rember LT in NE two years ago. The Chargers won 41-17, with L.T. wearing out the Patriots' defense and bringing them to their knees.

I think we have an upset against the 14 points Vegas is giving the Pats.

The Chargers have won 8 in a row. That is huge.

The Pats may beat the Chargers.... But not by 14 points.

I like the Chargers to win it out right though. It just seems like it could be fate.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that you guys smoke gigantic crack rocks and that NE will win this game by 14 or more.

Of course, we are all entitled to our opinions

Rascus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doubt very seriously that the Chargers win this game....its just not meant to be in this season....Patriots to the Super Bowl!! :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Chargers beating NE...........but then again, i didn't see them beating the Colts, or NY beating Dallas...........so what the heck do I know!!!!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Chargers beating NE...........but then again, i didn't see them beating the Colts, or NY beating Dallas...........so what the heck do I know!!!!

Exactly Cheesy!! Anything can happen in these games, and in a split second to the game could change. I am hoping that the Chargers beat the Pats this would be awesome!!! I think I would if we get to the Superbowl play the Chargers then the Pats!!

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP, I hope you are right. I hope Tomlinson breaks Grant's 201 yards if it means a win vs the Pats.

Cheesy, I correctly predicted Giants AND the Chargers last week.

NOBODY is giving the Bolts a chance...
"...Thus neglect becomes our ally"-A quote from the movie, Count of Monte Cristo.

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots are nowhere near invincible

Sorry for creating yet another topic, but I felt the need to say this: The Patriots are not even close to the best team ever. This is first thing the players and the public must get through their heads.

They are a very well-rounded, well-coached, smart team. But they can be beat, and beat convincingly. They arguably haven't faced an offense like the Packers all year, and if you include the Colts among the Packers company, they Patriots should have lost.

They are DEFINITELY beatable. If our defense plays tight and is able to stop them or hold them to FG on some drives, and our offense clicks like we've seen it do so many times, I think we win the game and shock the world. I think we could even beat them convincingly if our offense does its thing.

Just stop treating the Patriots like an invincible goliath. They aren't. I want talk like that banned from this board.

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You know what, this is exactly what I thought. It's just like I felt that I was the only one thinking this. Glad to see someone else feels how I feel.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I thought we were playing the Giants? Hmmmm????

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The Patriots are nowhere near invincible

I thought we were playing the Giants? Hmmmm????

I think hes kind of going at it like the Chargers and Giants do have a chance at beating them... We all do know it is likely we will be playing them though.

TheDesertFox

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I suppose I was speaking a little bit too early. I think we win Sunday though.

JoshTheChild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If we beat the giants I think an upset is possible. Wouldn't it be cool if favre's 2 superbowl wins were against the patriots?!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If we beat the giants I think an upset is possible. Wouldn't it be cool if favre's 2 superbowl wins were against the patriots?!

Yes.

So_Cal_NYGiants_Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry for creating yet another topic, but I felt the need to say this: The Patriots are not even close to the best team ever. This is first thing the players and the public must get through their heads.

They are a very well-rounded, well-coached, smart team. But they can be beat, and beat convincingly. They arguably haven't faced an offense like the Packers all year, and if you include the Colts among the Packers company, they Patriots should have lost.

They are DEFINITELY beatable. If our defense plays tight and is able to stop them or hold them to FG on some drives, and our offense clicks like we've seen it do so many times, I think we win the game and shock the world. I think we could even beat them convincingly if our offense does its thing.

Just stop treating the Patriots like an invincible goliath. They aren't. I want talk like that banned from this board.

The Giants almost beat them a few weeks ago.

- Mark

brnt247

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It isn't how people view that Patriot's that will give the Pack a chance to win. It is the fact that we match up against them better than anyone in the league. I've been saying this since the season began, and it is even more enforced now that we have a great running game.

Harris and Woodson can cover straight up on Moss and Welker. Stallworth has been almost solely a deep ball threat all year. Preferably I'd like to see Harris on Welker to get in his face and disturb his short routs and Woodson on Moss because he can run with him. Our LB's are fast, not as fast as Welker, but they are some of the fastest in the league. This is a benefit vs. the Pats since they do a lot of short routes similar to the Pack. Barnett and Hawk will have to be all over the field slowing down Welker their chain mover.

Another reason we can prevail is because of our pass rush. KGB and Kampman can get into the pocket and pressure him. Most teams that have came close either had one or the other, good coverage or good pressure. Our team has the ability to do both.

On offense, we can spread the ball and attack their older defense. They don't have great team speed outside of the pass rush and at corner with Samuel. Samuel will likely do well on Driver, but Jennings, Jones, and KRob become much more important players vs. the Pats. They'll have to step it up and continue to gain many yards after the catch.

Our running game should flourish, with them worried about the pass and trying to get to Favre via pass rush, Grant should be able to run like he has all year.

I'll say this, if we get to the Superbowl what gives a shot is having Ryan Grant in our backfield. If he plays great and leads us to a Superbowl victory vs. the formerly undefeated Pats then that trade, not the Moss trade could go down as the best of the year.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i dont think the chargers will win because of rivers being hurt unless they can open it up for l.t. they will go after rivers alot sice they know he is banged up same with some of the w.r. the pack will beat the pats bigby has been play some good football and with the rest of the d-line watch out pats :D

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It isn't how people view that Patriot's that will give the Pack a chance to win. It is the fact that we match up against them better than anyone in the league. I've been saying this since the season began, and it is even more enforced now that we have a great running game.

Harris and Woodson can cover straight up on Moss and Welker. Stallworth has been almost solely a deep ball threat all year. Preferably I'd like to see Harris on Welker to get in his face and disturb his short routs and Woodson on Moss because he can run with him. Our LB's are fast, not as fast as Welker, but they are some of the fastest in the league. This is a benefit vs. the Pats since they do a lot of short routes similar to the Pack. Barnett and Hawk will have to be all over the field slowing down Welker their chain mover.

Another reason we can prevail is because of our pass rush. KGB and Kampman can get into the pocket and pressure him. Most teams that have came close either had one or the other, good coverage or good pressure. Our team has the ability to do both.

On offense, we can spread the ball and attack their older defense. They don't have great team speed outside of the pass rush and at corner with Samuel. Samuel will likely do well on Driver, but Jennings, Jones, and KRob become much more important players vs. the Pats. They'll have to step it up and continue to gain many yards after the catch.

Our running game should flourish, with them worried about the pass and trying to get to Favre via pass rush, Grant should be able to run like he has all year.

I'll say this, if we get to the Superbowl what gives a shot is having Ryan Grant in our backfield. If he plays great and leads us to a Superbowl victory vs. the formerly undefeated Pats then that trade, not the Moss trade could go down as the best of the year.

Interesting you brought up you'd rather see Harris on Welker and Woody on Moss. Me too, and for the same reasons.

And that would be beautiful - Grant killing the Pats and Grant is seen as the best trade of the year, not Moss. :cool:

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers - Patriots would be arguably the best storyline ever

I am still hoping for the Chargers/Packers superbowl. That was my prediction for this season during off season. So I want to see it happen.

Members online

Latest posts