What about official week of "Introduce Yourself" here thread?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I don't know if this is reasonable or not, but with the new influx of new posters, would having a thread dedicated to "Introduce Yourself Here" say.. for the week 17.( In honor of football season) or We it could have actual Monday - Sunday dates.
Since most threads usually don't last very long anyways, with a few exceptions.

That way they don't get lost in the shuffle, get missed accidently.

Then they would be compiled in the "Introductions" sections.

Thoughts?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I agree I would love to have a thread where we can put all the new forum members from different teams in one thread on the week to week basis. Not that I don't like seeing "Hey I am a falcons fan and now support you guys going to the SB" or "Steelers fan here, good luck" But sometimes there are like 3 threads running and they all seem one dimensional. Like have it stickied at the top

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
LOL!!! Well I've been thinking about it, but then I remembered that they get points if they post in the introduction.

Maybe when they sign up, something could say.."Earn X amount of points by posting an introduction in this weeks introduction thread" to get you started.

Great idea about the different teams thread!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Thank you,
It kind of drives me nuts going on here, and seeing the three normal threads from other team players, the one that support the Packers, the one that is all about how the Packers are going down. (LOL) and then the ones that want a weeks worth of discussions about their team and thats it.

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
.."Earn X amount of points by posting an introduction in this weeks introduction thread" to get you started.

This came to me after I logged off , but say they get points for posting in the "Introduction thread" helps cut down on clutter...

THEN, if you post multiple threads, you get deducted x amount of points!!! Maybe that would help the stress of the mods having to merge! (oooh i don't know then we might start seeing those tiny shirts disappearing!!)

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would definitely take some custom coding, but I could remove the intro threads from the home page list as a quick fix.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to just make it temporary, say 2-3 weeks before and after the SB (if we win we can expect more members) and then just revert back to normal format afterward?

Or maybe the solution is as simple as establishing an "official" intro thread in the intro forum where all new members could post their intros under one mass thread. It may also help to disable the new thread feature in that forum so people can't subvert the official thread and post new ones. Again, this could be temporary solution to deal with the influx of new members. You could post a disclaimer such as: due to the current high volume of new members, we are asking new members to post their intros in one consolidated thread.

Posters could just quote whatever intro they were replying to to avoid confusion.

I can see this issue hitting its crescendo as we near the SB and especially if we win. Having to consider this is a huge compliment to the forum!!! What some places wouldn't give to have such a problem! :)

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to just make it temporary, say 2-3 weeks before and after the SB (if we win we can expect more members) and then just revert back to normal format afterward?

Or maybe the solution is as simple as establishing an "official" intro thread in the intro forum where all new members could post their intros under one mass thread. It may also help to disable the new thread feature in that forum so people can't subvert the official thread and post new ones. Again, this could be temporary solution to deal with the influx of new members. You could post a disclaimer such as: due to the current high volume of new members, we are asking new members to post their intros in one consolidated thread.

Posters could just quote whatever intro they were replying to to avoid confusion.

I can see this issue hitting its crescendo as we near the SB and especially if we win. Having to consider this is a huge compliment to the forum!!! What some places wouldn't give to have such a problem! :)

Wow so you even refined that fanstastic idea!

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You bring up many good points Kitten. I will be removing the intro threads from the home page for the next couple of weeks. I am sure the welcoming party can just check the intro forum every once in a while and see which posts are new. :)

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
As a late comer on the eve...how hard would it be for the newsbots to have one thread and one thread only,...and update it daily??? Packerbot...i can't even type the other bots...but you know!!!

thanks Rob for even considering this..... discussing behind the scenes,and we DO NOT want to discredit the sites handeling in any way. Just throwing out ideas how to make it more enjoyable for Packer fans, and football fans in general!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have another idea. Would it be worth it to set up a thread or something each week for rival fans who come to chat on gameday? Most of them leave soon after the game so maybe they shouldn't be in the intro for regular members. We seem to get a lot of rival fans, especially with the SB :) and not all of them are trolls. This would be a more permanent fix because it would occur every week. This might be more of a hassle than what it is worth but rival fans are a bit different than regular new members. I think having a specific thread for them would help eliminate traffic in the regular threads and maybe a sticky so we could find it easier.

Trouble is what forum to put the thread in. Packer forum or smack? I have a feeling a lot of smack talk would be going on, and God forbid we get a troll in there. I also wouldn't want to take away from the official gameday thread... so this would have to be something separate...

*Gonna have some more coffee with Irish Cream and rest my head a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts