What about Kenny Phillips at #30

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was reading the ESPN Hashmarks blog, and grant it its a blog so take it with a grain of salt, but:

Latest Mock

They have Kenny Phillips the talented Safety from Miami (Florida), as our pick. I don't believe he'll be there at 30, but if he is should we take him? What do you guys think?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I say the best player on the board, if a corner is there I think we need depth after Harris, Woodson and Williams.. Blackmon needs to prove he can stay on the field.

Add to that we need to start grooming the next generation of corners in GB past Williams.

But if a top rated guard is there.. pull the trigger.. not **** but needed.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kenny Phillips leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. A few years ago I felt he was a sure fire top 10 pick in the making. Now I think a late 1st rounder probably.

Plus the Packers have Atari Bigby at SS and neither him or Phillips could move to FS. Bigby will be a free agent though and one of the best things about the Packers coaching staff is they get the most out of their players. I think it'd be a risky pick though.

OP
OP
V

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I agree he's not a Taylor or Landry (See Redskins), but he is a decent Safety, and many drafts have him falling, some into the 2nd Round now. The question is as always what was taken in the 1st before we pick. That will define who we take I think.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I agree he's not a Taylor or Landry (See Redskins), but he is a decent Safety, and many drafts have him falling, some into the 2nd Round now. The question is as always what was taken in the 1st before we pick. That will define who we take I think.

Well he's decent because this class is very bad at safety. In other years he'd probably be a good lock to drop to round 2 in other years. I look at a year ago and Nelson and Landry were better prospects. Landry by a lot and Nelson but a good amount in my opinion. You look at a guy like Ed Reed who a lot of people were hoping Phillips was going to be, Reed was a mid 1st rounder. Phillips obviously isn't Ed Reed.

I actually have Phillips to the Giants with my last pick of the 1st round so I have the Pack passing on him in favor of a CB but I wouldn't be shocked if it happen. I think it'd be a risky pick but TT has certainly made risky moves before.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont see kenny philips falling this far i see him at no.16 which i think is the eagles

IMo If Flowers falls to us i say take him a lot of mocks have put him at no 28 with SD This guy anit the fastest but there is no better bump and run CB in the draft

Members online