What about Jerry Porter?!?

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know we just picked up Koren, and I know Porter has been brought up here before, but esp. after his MNF comments, I'd think that trade possiblities would be as great as ever.

It never hurts to have too much talent, and I think we still have the cap space...this may just be a pipe dream on my part...thoughts?

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With NE getting a 1st rnd pick for Branch, Oakland will be wanting the same for Porter, no way will TT part with one of his precious draft picks.
Since we are now considered the worst team in the NFL, Porter is probably not worth the #1 pick in the 2007 draft.
A High #2 for Porter would be more probable but again I don't think TT or Oakland would do the deal.

I'll share that pipe dream, you never know what can happen.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
People can not be so wistful on our picks. Remember, there is a very good chance we will be selecting very early in each round next year in the Draft.

I'm not sure I'm sold on Porter being better than Jennings next year.

This year, yes. Porter helps more than Jennings I would have to assume. However, we are not going to the Super Bowl this year and maybe not even the playoffs.

With that said.

If we were to dish out a 1st rd pick for Porter we would be losing a solid contributor for the 07 season seeing as our pick will most surely be very early.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
With NE getting a 1st rnd pick for Branch, Oakland will be wanting the same for Porter, no way will TT part with one of his precious draft picks.
Since we are now considered the worst team in the NFL, Porter is probably not worth the #1 pick in the 2007 draft.
A High #2 for Porter would be more probable but again I don't think TT or Oakland would do the deal.

A 1st round draft pick and one that will be top 15 is what ANY GM would call precious.

As for a 2nd round pick for Porter. I don't think it's an awful deal. I'd be for brining in Porter and releasing Robert Ferguson. Again though TT probably wouldn't do it and I agree that the Raiders wouldn't do it. They just let Doug Gabriel go for a 4th round pick so they have no #2. They need Porter.

majikman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Buckeyepackfan said:

A 1st round draft pick and one that will be top 15 is what ANY GM would call precious.

As for a 2nd round pick for Porter. I don't think it's an awful deal. I'd be for brining in Porter and releasing Robert Ferguson. Again though TT probably wouldn't do it and I agree that the Raiders wouldn't do it. They just let Doug Gabriel go for a 4th round pick so they have no #2. They need Porter.

Porky, the problem is that a 1st round pick is not a guarantee to make it in the NFL. I think it's better to pick up players that you know can perform in the NFL now, over an unknown draft that may not pan out.

The Raiders may release Porter for a trade and a pick if he becomes a big enough pain in the ***, like Branch in New England. Time for TT to get a little agressive, like Wolf used to be.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any truth to the reports that Porter was on the sidelines pumping his fist and cheering while Brooks was getting pummelled Monday night?

If that's true, then there's no way I want this guy on my team. I don't care how disgruntled you are with the organization, you just don't do that to a teammate.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nobody has proven he did that. I thought there was visual evidence when the story broke, and i was looking forward to seeing it...but...no.

i wanna see it!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
majikman said:
Porky, the problem is that a 1st round pick is not a guarantee to make it in the NFL. I think it's better to pick up players that you know can perform in the NFL now, over an unknown draft that may not pan out.

No team would give up a potential top 15 pick for Jerry Porter, let alone anyone in his “talent“ level. Randy Moss was traded for a high pick. That's about it. Culpepper went for a 2nd. Walker for a 2nd. The list goes on and on. Seattle traded a 1st for Branch but they believe that 1st will be a late 1st round pick. Possibly #32. So giving up a very high pick for Jerry Porter and looking at the current state of the team would be one of the worse moves Ted Thompson could make to date. Oakland would take that deal in a heartbeat as they could potentially be getting Calvin Johnson for Jerry Porter.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:
Any truth to the reports that Porter was on the sidelines pumping his fist and cheering while Brooks was getting pummelled Monday night?

If that's true, then there's no way I want this guy on my team. I don't care how disgruntled you are with the organization, you just don't do that to a teammate.
Thats what i heard on ESPN, but i didn't see any film on it.
This guy sounds like a Mike McKenzie type. Cry, whine, stomp your feet till you get what you want. I don't like it.
Plus, he's probably just about over the hill now anyway.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he wants out of OAK why in the f**k would he want to be in GB? He's a good talent but it sounds like the wheels are falling off the Raidahs, and he may be loosening the lugs. Keep our picks, let our team battle to gel and let's get that high draft pick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts