What about Herm Edwards

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
according to profootballtalk.com the chiefs are willing to give up draft picks to pry Edwards from the Jets...is this a candidate that you think the Pack should pursue?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Edwards is a good coach...

A great motivator...

(It scares me a little that he tends to get too conservative in big games though....)

(It would be like a breath of fresh air to have a positive..motivational type coach though...His players play hard for him ALL the time...I'm torn on him though...)

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Herm is a class act and I think would fit very nicely in the small town atmosphere of Green Bay. It'd be really quite ironic if Herm ended up in Green Bay and if Sherman ended up in New York.

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edwards has a relationship with Vermeil. He played for him in Philly and you all know how much of a player's coach Vermeil is.

Vermeil has hand picked his replacement as he did with Martz in St. Louis. However, it hasn't been revealed yet who that replacement is and that will be coming forth in the coming weeks. It's likely a numbers issue on salary, but if it's worked out, Edwards will be in KC. On the flip side, Edwards won't be any where other than NY or KC.

Good selection if he was available though! He just won't be available to anyone other than KC.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
plus does herm edwards come with a different style offense? brett doesnt wan to learn a new offense if he returns.

the first guy to be interviewed is brad childress, i think thta would be a good fit because he does bring the same offense as the eagles

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tkpckfan said:
plus does herm edwards come with a different style offense? brett doesnt wan to learn a new offense if he returns.

the first guy to be interviewed is brad childress, i think thta would be a good fit because he does bring the same offense as the eagles

I'm not so sure that Childress would run the same offense as I believe it's Andy Reid and not Childress who designs the scheme in Philly, though Childress does have input. I'm also a little surprised at the desire for Childress. One of the main criticisms of Sherman was his predictable and vanilla offense, which was essentially the reason they got rid of him in Madison.

Members online

Latest posts