What about Daunte Culpepper? [Merged topic]

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously Miami just picked up Green and ESPN reports that the 'fins are now trying to shop him.

He was runner up in the MVP voting 2 years ago, and Favre's not getting younger. Thoughts?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about Daunte Culpepper?

Dumb as a rock, cannot read defenses. His career was made chucking it up for grabs and having Randy Moss, in the prime of his career, chasing it down.

I cannot believe we are even discussing this.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe Belichick will pick him up b/c of the Culpepper-Moss connection and cut Tom Brady.

If that happens, then we'll have a thread to post in. :thumbsup:

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: What about Daunte Culpepper?

Culpepper would be great fit in Green Bay. :thumbsup:

If ya can't have Moss, ya might as well have the other 1% of that combination! :razz:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Culpepper would be great fit in Green Bay. :thumbsup:

If ya can't have Moss, ya might as well have the other 1% of that combination! :razz:
Yeah.....and what WAS the other 1% of the Vikings offense! :rotflmao:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ive seen more brains released from my dog in tightly coiled packages on the lawn.

plus he has that ridiculously stupid "get your roll on" celebration that makes me want to kick him squarely between first and second base.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Seriously... I see no need for him on this team, however if injury should strike someplace this year... maybe he could be useful.

Maybe Detroit will go after him... CJ ad Williams could play pitch and catch.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

plus he has that ridiculously stupid "get your roll on" celebration that makes me want to kick him squarely between first and second base.
Is THAT what that is??? I was always hoping they would mike him up, cause i was expecting to hear....."We roll it, and pull it, and mark it with a B! We put it in the oven for BABY and me!" :rotflmao:

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dumb as a rock, cannot read defenses. His career was made chucking it up for grabs and having Randy Moss, in the prime of his career, chasing it down.

This says it all

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd rather see what Rodgers can do before I even considered Daunte.
Heck..i'd rather see what Ingle ****** Dangle can do before Culpooper!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

my thoughts?

i think this thread is a joke! Culfumbles? cmon now. Id rather throw KGB under center than bring in the big dumb injured fumble prone QB they call Culfumbles(they = me).

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If I'm not mistaken, Martin, Rodgers, and Jerry Babb have combined for less than 50 snaps in the NFL, so if you are all content with unproven, inexperienced 2 year "veterans" backing up a 38 year old quarterback, then maybe I'm not the only one on drugs.

I'm not saying Daunte will lead us out of Egypt and part the Red Sea, but some veteran back up might not hurt, and Daunte is one of few "viable" options available.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ive seen more brains released from my dog in tightly coiled packages on the lawn.

I would bet my personal 2007 income that you would not say that to his face on the street.

In fact I would bet that MOST PEOPLE who bash him on the Internet would ask him for an autograph if they had the chance to meet him "One On One"

But this is the Internet, and it offers a person the opportunity to personally attack a person from afar. To compare him to coiled dog **** for brains.

I do not think he would fit in the plans of the Packers. However, I am not going to compare my dogs dung to any person who I do not know, especially someone who who has reached a very high level in a profession that has only 1,800 opportunities in the world.

I am not a Culppy fan at all, so do not get me wrong. However, I just find it so interesting that people feel the need to cut someone down to the level of having the brains of Coiled Up Dog Dung.

What is the point of cutting anyone down like that?

R.P.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If I'm not mistaken, Martin, Rodgers, and Jerry Babb have combined for less than 50 snaps in the NFL, so if you are all content with unproven, inexperienced 2 year "veterans" backing up a 38 year old quarterback, then maybe I'm not the only one on drugs.

I'm not saying Daunte will lead us out of Egypt and part the Red Sea, but some veteran back up might not hurt, and Daunte is one of few "viable" options available.

theres a difference between wanting a veteran backup and wanting dante culpepper.

give me 2 unproven QBs over a proven injury-prone, fumble-prone headcase who only had good numbers cuz he had a top 2 WR. how'd he do since? exactly.

Reaction score

I believe Culpepper said that he is going to take his time rehabbing from his injury; he wants to take it easy and make sure he doesn't rush back like last year (according to him, that's why he was so bad).

I personally think he has something left in the tank, but he is still a year away from being able to fully give it one last shot to be a good QB.

This year, I would rather the Packers not get him. But next year, (as I expect Brett to be retired/on another team) I would definitely bring him in and let him compete for the job. We'll need a veteran to compete with Rodgers and Martin for the starters spot, and Culpepper has had success before. With McCarthy, I'd hope that he can get the proper coaching he needs.

So next year, I'd love the Packers to go after him; this year they just don't have the roster spots to do so. Culpepper is physically a monster, and he has the ability to not let the comparisons to Favre really get to him.

Tileman

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would love to have a vet QB in GB to compete, but Culpepper isn't on the list.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not that this has anything to do with Culpepper as an NFL quarterback, but did y'all know that he was born in prison.

Just a little interesting tidbit

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because ultimately we talk about EVERY player that is released or is a FA you know that Digs.

I will say though that this is probably one of the very last players on the list of anyone available that they would consider at this point.

Way before we would have considered this Brady Quinn would be a Packer. If the staff is that down on Rodgers that we need somebody like this they would have already addressed the next future QB by now.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

And Ted will be chastised for NOT getting Daunte if Brett gets hurt and Aaron flops.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not that this has anything to do with Culpepper as an NFL quarterback, but did y'all know that he was born in prison.

Just a little interesting tidbit
Well.....THAT explains alot!
I had heard that his Mother tried to trade him to the Oakland Raiders 3 days after he was born! :rotflmao:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts