What about Cobb?

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I realize there is considerably more interest in Rodger's return, but I have seen nothing relating to Cobb's rehab or a timeline for his return. I usually check jsonline and packers.com for updated news but, unless I missed it, I have seen no mention of Cobb.
I know many fans are disappointed in our once promising season going down the tubes, but if the team can somehow muster enough pride and effort to get by the Falcons and Rodgers can return next week, I think we still have a good chance of catching the Lions. Cobb's availability would only improve our chances, and we would really need him IF we can sneak into the playoffs. That being said, if we lose to the Falcons this weekend, I'm all for sitting Rodgers and Cobb for the remainder of the season and get them back completely healthy next year.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb is not eligible to return until the final three games of the season. I think his return depends on his health and where things stand for the Packers playoff chances by then. If we don't have a chance to win the division I say sit him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb hasn't been cleared to run yet so I doubt we see him playing this season

OP
OP
Royal Pain

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates. If he hasn't started running yet I agree that the chances of him playing again this year are slim.
I normally remain optimistic until the Packers are officially eliminated from contention, but this team has been hit with so many serious injuries to significant players that, even if we were to somehow make it into the playoffs, we would not go far.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb was 100% cheap-shotted and I wish one of our O-Linemen or fellow WR's would have grabbed Matt Elam by the facemask and kicked him in the ACL and snapped it.
I'm serious I wish that.

I saw Charles Woodson have an identical opportunity to light up a Dallas WR on Thanksgiving, and what Woodson did was he kept his head up, and he TACKLED the guy as soon as he caught the ball and turned around.

Those are defenseless receivers, and for the NFL to only call the "Defenseless Receiver" penalties when the hit is to the head area really pizzes me off. I've seen tons of guys absorb hits to the shoulder or even face (see Anquan Boldin in 2009 I think it was, vs Jets)... but hits to the knee like that are season-ending and career-changers.

If we lose yet again to Atlanta Sunday as I expect, then shut Cobb down with Rodgers with Finley for the season and move up in the draft so Teddy can find us another immediate impact helper in Rd 1 like Datone this year and Perry last year and Sherrod the year before.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb ran routes at full speed in pre-game vs Dallas and MM said he looked really good. If we can at least get him back this week that would be huge! i think he just may play after a full week of running and practice.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect both Cobb and Rodgers to be back this week, Rodgers at the helm but Cobb limited to maybe the 4th WR spot behind Boykins. It gets him on the field but essentially keeps him on a snap count. No return duties for sure

OP
OP
Royal Pain

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect both Cobb and Rodgers to be back this week, Rodgers at the helm but Cobb limited to maybe the 4th WR spot behind Boykins. It gets him on the field but essentially keeps him on a snap count. No return duties for sure

That would be a huge boost if both come back. Players are dropping like flies all over the NFL, while we might be getting two of our "big guns" back. Timing couldn't be better if it does happen.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately for the Packers, it looks like Oshkosh was correct on both accounts. I'll chalk it up to my 'irrational exuberance'

Cobb said he was taking it day-to-day, but it's obvious from the very limited amount of work he did Wednesday and the fact he only started running last week, that he is not going to be active this week. It very well could be that the Packers are aiming for the playoffs for his return should they make it that far.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/236430171.html#ixzz2nrPUtdzB

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the same article Cobb says he has got to be able to trust his KNEE.
The Packers have been saying he had a broken TIBIA.
Which is it?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the same article Cobb says he has got to be able to trust his KNEE.
The Packers have been saying he had a broken TIBIA.
Which is it?
Have the Packers said anything other than it was his leg? I have heard plenty of 'xxxx is reporting that Cobb has a broken tibia' but I don't recall hearing MM or any Packer saying anything other than 'leg injury'.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have the Packers said anything other than it was his leg? I have heard plenty of 'xxxx is reporting that Cobb has a broken tibia' but I don't recall hearing MM or any Packer saying anything other than 'leg injury'.
The tibia is in the lower leg so they are certainly correct in saying "leg injury".
Lacy is saying he has to learn to trust his knee.
Generally an injured knee is referred to as a "knee injury."
Although one could correctly argue that the knee is a part of the leg.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The tibia is in the lower leg so they are certainly correct in saying "leg injury".
Lacy is saying he has to learn to trust his knee.
Generally an injured knee is referred to as a "knee injury."
Although one could correctly argue that the knee is a part of the leg.
Leg would encompass the entire leg. Hell, he could have had a rash on his shin or a deep thigh bruise. I believe the Packers do not give details about injuries to protect the player. If another team knows he has a bad ACL, they may go after it when they tackle him. I have no problem with the Packers not releasing too much information on any injury.

PS: Lacy is fine - you trying to start a rumor here? ;)

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Leg would encompass the entire leg. Hell, he could have had a rash on his shin or a deep thigh bruise. I believe the Packers do not give details about injuries to protect the player. If another team knows he has a bad ACL, they may go after it when they tackle him. I have no problem with the Packers not releasing too much information on any injury.

PS: Lacy is fine - you trying to start a rumor here? ;)
Sorry about the typo, of course I meant Cobb.
Every report I read said broken tibia.
Perhaps that's just journalistic license.

And since the Packers don't give details about injuries to protect the player, perhaps Rodgers really doesn't have a broken collar bone as I have heard MM assert.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry about the typo, of course I meant Cobb.
Every report I read said broken tibia.
Perhaps that's just journalistic license.

And since the Packers don't give details about injuries to protect the player, perhaps Rodgers really doesn't have a broken collar bone as I have heard MM assert.
Cobb has an leg injury. Rodgers has a broken collar bone. There is a big difference in the level of detail there. It seems to me, that they were being vague on purpose with Cobb. Not so much with Rodgers. Just something I noticed and speculated about. Thought it was funny that when the Packers said 'leg injury' - one reporter the next day reported that his source was saying a broken tibia. Nothing ever collaborated by MM or the Packers as far as I know. Those are the facts. Anything I posted beyond that was merely my speculation.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it a weight bearing bone he broke?
In the article Cobb is talking about his knee so it's unclear as to whether or not he even had a broken bone.
Or perhaps a bone in his knee was broken.
I'm not insinuating the Packers are lying about his injury, I just find it weird that there are two different perspectives in the same article.
Since Cobb should know what his injury actually was, and he is saying knee, I'm believing he had a knee injury.

Regardless, I'm hoping we have both Cobb and Rodgers back giving the Packers a better shot at winning the division and getting into the playoffs.

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe it was a tibial plateau fracture which can affect the knee's performance. Cobb himself denied he broke his actual leg.

Latest posts