What about A-Rod?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before most of you go "Who cares about Rodgers! He hasn't started one game! I don't think things through!" hear me out.

This Favre comeback can be looked at as a man who just wants to play. A competitor. A gamer. A man...who has no respect for Aaron Rodgers. The team made the move. Rodgers is their guy. They stated it. They've backed him up since. And Favre just wants to come back and take a dump on Aaron's face and push him aside? So much for them having a mutual respect for each other as was rumored after their icy beginnings. Favre doesn't care about Rodgers or THE TEAM for doing this.

Now you might say "He DOES care, that's why he wants to come back, to help THE TEAM win." Then respect the team. Respect the team. I love everyone in my family, but I don't respect a lot of them. Oops, there I go comparing myself to Favre. I'll let the other guy do that stuff, my bad.

And from the team\player's standpoint, Rodgers is their dude. Rodgers stepped up to the plate to become a leader, and become a man who his teammates can trust. We've all heard about those weekly dinners at Aaron's house. That's how you build trust, that's how you bond with men who you will have to work with in very harsh and violent circumstances.

Dramatic Narrative from a player's perspective:
As a player, you've hung out with Rodgers. He's your new QB. He's a nice enough guy. He's stepping up to the plate as a leader. That's cool. The organization has his back, has dubbed him the starting QB. Cool. Let me turn on the radio here....oh ****, Brett wants to come back? Damn, a month ago I said Aaron "is our QB and a heck of a leader" on a radio show. What do I say now? Damn, I'm just gonna have to go with "no comment" for now. Man, this is messed up, and a month ago everything was looking so good...

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre is going to make the packers more money.
more people are going to watch with favre
favre has more respect.
favre outplays a rod.
favre is more consistent than a rod.
favre is a H.O.F qb!
favre has more expirence.
favre has a better chance of winning.
favre knows the recivers better.
favre knows other defences better.

all in all favre is better than a rod in every aspect and a rod gets to start because he was promised the starting spot!!?

i dont think any job would do that, its just plain stupid.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre is going to make the packers more money.
more people are going to watch with favre
favre has more respect.
favre outplays a rod.
favre is more consistent than a rod.
favre is a H.O.F qb!
favre has more expirence.
favre has a better chance of winning.
favre knows the recivers better.
favre knows other defences better.

all in all favre is better than a rod in every aspect and a rod gets to start because he was promised the starting spot!!?

Actually a lot of companies do that. They go for the younger guys and kick the older ones to the curb. The reason they do? They see a lot of potential in the younger guy. I don't think for a moment that the Packers have kicked Favre to the curb. I think Brett retired and the Packers did everything they could to change his mind. Most companies would let the guy retire and give him a big send off and move on. If the guy decided he wanted to unretire I don't know of any company that would allow that. They may bring him back as a part time consultant.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice copy and paste job. Now let me destroy you.

favre is going to make the packers more money. - Cmon..
more people are going to watch with favre - Ratings win games?
favre has more respect. - Not anymore apparently
favre outplays a rod. - That's why GB is letting Favre back, right?
favre is more consistent than a rod. - Consistent at playing bad in playoffs?
favre is a H.O.F qb! - When was that ceremony?
favre has more expirence. - I don't know what expirence is.
favre has a better chance of winning. - Favre does? It's a one man team?
favre knows the recivers better. - Cuz of all those Favre dinner parties?
favre knows other defences better. - And still throws it into triple coverage.

Apparently.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody who is a true Packer fan will get behind Rodgers and go with it.
It ain't easy following a legend no matter how good you are.
Ask Jim Carter who followed Nitchke.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to borrow that hairy broad comment.

If I make any money we will go to Lambeau and you can get wasted.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Favre comeback can be looked at as a man who just wants to play. A competitor. A gamer. A man...who has no respect for Aaron Rodgers. The team made the move. Rodgers is their guy. They stated it. They've backed him up since. And Favre just wants to come back and take a dump on Aaron's face and push him aside? So much for them having a mutual respect for each other as was rumored after their icy beginnings. Favre doesn't care about Rodgers or THE TEAM for doing this.

I take it this is your "unbiased" opinion? :roll:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

I take it this is your "unbiased" opinion? :roll:

Where did I use the word "unbiased"?

All opinions are biased. Did you go to school by any chance?

Claymorespackersfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The situation behind A-Rod is very interesting. So far all that has come from the Packers is that the starters job is A-Rod's to lose. At no time has anyone stated that Favre will walk back into his former post. I loved to watch Favre play as much as the next guy but he ultimately turned his back on the Packers. The organisation didn't want him to retire so why should they reverse their decision to move on when the possibility exists that Favre could then decide to retire again a week before the opener. The Packers are correct to move on--we may hurt for a year with A-Rod but then again we may be world beaters-who knows. A-Rod is the future and the future-as has been stated by the Pack-is now. Stay retired Brett and thanks for the memories.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow. you win this round.

What's the matter Princess? Upset you couldn't bait me into insulting you enough that one of the mods would listen to your inevitable whining and ban me for a week?

Get a life.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
wow. you win this round.

What's the matter Princess? Upset you couldn't bait me into insulting you enough that one of the mods would listen to your inevitable whining and ban me for a week?

Get a life.

Uh...yeah...you got me.

Or I know you and a bunch of others won't be here by wednesday so I don't really care.

For you, the day tromadz got into it with you was the biggest day of your life, but for me it was just friday.

Enjoy it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I really dont buy the Arod is the man argument..I see the point people make when they bring this up, I just don't agree with it

Steve Young played for almost a full season before the Niners traded Joe, so the Niners knew what they had in Young.

The Packers truly don't know.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really dont buy the Arod is the man argument..I see the point people make when they bring this up, I just don't agree with it

Steve Young played for almost a full season before the Niners traded Joe, so the Niners knew what they had in Young.

The Packers truly don't know.

More was known about Young than about Rodgers, but the standards were very high in San Francisco. They had no idea how Young would play when the pressure was on. Change always involves a certain amount of risk, but if you are afraid to change, you will inevitably decline.

It's been six years now, yes six, since Favre started publicly contemplating retirement. Thompson wisely prepared for it to happen, just as the 49ers prepared for Montana's departure. It worked out well for them. They won a Super Bowl with Young and remained contenders for several more years.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it funny you two are too thick to comprehend sarcasm, but I should have known better.

Or were you cheering on the 'get a life' line. Funny, if I said something like that to you, you'd go crying to a mod again...

cry me a river, nancy.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Upset you couldn't bait me into insulting you enough that one of the mods would listen to your inevitable whining and ban me for a week?

They should do a token banishment for stupidity.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably focus more on my Master's degree.

Bzzz. Sorry here is your parting gift of Chicago Cutlery. Congrats.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts