What about #33 R o n DAYNE

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I seen him play at wis vs Mich state when M.S had the best run defense in the country with around 50 yards per game or something.....

I think it was his 1st carry and he busted out like an 80 yarder..

Ran right in front of me on the sidelines, that guy had some hugggge legs..

But I dont think he would do well here...I think they want more of a sleeker and faster back

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He definately doesn't belong here. But it was great at Camp Randall the PA guy would always announce in the most monotone voice - carry by #33 - and then the 75,000 fans would finish it for him in the same monotone voice. RON DAYNE. Wish he could have played better at the next level.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always liked the "Great Dayne!" I don't think any team has used him right in the NFL so far. I think he would be worth a look. He could get the TOUGH yards with his size.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Actually the zone blocker scheme, one cut and go, fits his style very well and would give us a power presence to the game. He would need to be teamed with another "scat" back but I think he would fit alright. Plus it would be nice to have another Badger on the team.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. I don't think that we should start a thread for every fat guy that used to be good at football.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually the zone blocker scheme, one cut and go, fits his style very well and would give us a power presence to the game. He would need to be teamed with another "scat" back but I think he would fit alright. Plus it would be nice to have another Badger on the team.

Seems like if this scheme fit him well he would've done something when he was in Denver. As good as he was in college, he's always looked slow and not particularly tough in the NFL.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Seems like if this scheme fit him well he would've done something when he was in Denver. As good as he was in college, he's always looked slow and not particularly tough in the NFL.

Okay so for his NFL career he has an average YPC of 3.7, the year in Denver he averaged 5.1 YPC. Denver had a stable of backs that year on the roster, it was running back by committee.

Go back and look at tape of the Badgers, he is a single cut runner, picks his holes and goes. To be honest, that is why I don't think he has done real well overall in the NFL... never had to cutback and make a second or third read to "find" the running lane.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I agree. I don't think that we should start a thread for every fat guy that used to be good at football.

Not trying to be a smart-arsh... but...

I thought this was a forum to discuss items and share opinions, if you don't want to read the thread by the title, just skip it:)

For me, I like to see different opinions on players, ideas, concepts and insight that I may learn from.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Texans | Team re-signs Dayne
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 07:22:01 -0700

Megan Manfull, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans have re-signed RB Ron Dayne. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Ends that discussion:)

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ahh - this is why I ignore this forum during the season. I utilize it in the off-season because it is a great place to find out information from a wide variety of sources. If you don't like the thread don't read it. Just like I don't read the 7,538 TT sucks threads. Ron was a UFA - the Packers need depth at running back. Is it that far of a stretch to at least propose his potential value to the Packers. Some people just like to gripe. It's that Milwaukee smog - and bad basketball I guess. Takes all types.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure how much money he makes but to me positive I think he could be a good second string back. Not sure how the fullback situation will shape up this year but would be nice to have a sure thing from the one yard line like some teams do.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always liked the "Great Dayne!" I don't think any team has used him right in the NFL so far. I think he would be worth a look. He could get the TOUGH yards with his size.

He could get the tough yards if he didn't run like a 260 pound prancing ballerina. The guy has no heart, please don't bring him to my packers. I want to see CWood win a ring and he isn't winning one with Ron Dayne toting the rock. Hopefully Marshawn Lynch drops to #16 and in rd 2 you can look to add a speedster at WR.

Lynch is a stud back, he can do it all. If he doesn't fall, lots of stud RBs will be available in Rd 2 like Hunt, Leonard (wants to be a feature back in the pros, can do it all), Bush, Irons. You can then take a receiver in Rd 1, this class is loaded with receivers and running backs.

I think the Pack has been wise so far to avoid overpaying for some of these guys in FA. Your line is solid, your defense really started solidifying towards the end of the season. Something like Marshawn Lynch/Sydney Rice ... or Dwayne Bowe/Tony Hunt in the draft will go a long way towards building the Pack into a viable contender for the NFC crown.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
We shall not be censored you oppressive pigs

Pretty sure there's nothing more to discuss, seeing as it has been posted twice that he's signed w/ the Texans.

Members online

Latest posts