What a joke this whole preseason has been

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the first preseason I can remember in my 56 years on this earth that everything seems unclear and with a huge lack of any continuity. Let’s hope it clears up soon!!

TDF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible idea from the beginning! They tried to overcharge for a preseason game, the field is a mess and then the few fans that bought tickets get to see future CFL players play. The NFL should be ashamed of what they brought to Canada tonight!

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
You can buy season tickets for the CFL for the price of this preseason game.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know it's just a preseason game, but:

1) Can't score a point in the second half on an 80 yard field.
2) Another road game loss.

Dayooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I don't know if we should start talking next year draft picks or the pot hole situation in Wisconsin. New system, New Coach, anemic offense the last couple years and no clue how everything works together in game situations. Plus the system will be first tested against last years division winner in Chicago playing on a cow pasture. Who said Barnum and Bailey went out of business?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the first preseason I can remember in my 56 years on this earth that everything seems unclear and with a huge lack of any continuity. Let’s hope it clears up soon!!
yup. it's been an odd transition for the new regime. MLF seemed up to the task at first but i think murphy and rodgers have diminished him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you see everything thru those glasses? how about he's a young coach with a lot to learn and a lot of new faces that have a lot to learn AND we're not seeing the starters hardly at all. You're seeing new stuff conducted by new staff with mostly players that won't be playing on Sunday's and you run it thru the "Rodgers and Murphy" have diminished him machine?

There are many reasons far more likely than that for what you're seeing.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you see everything thru those glasses? how about he's a young coach with a lot to learn and a lot of new faces that have a lot to learn AND we're not seeing the starters hardly at all. You're seeing new stuff conducted by new staff with mostly players that won't be playing on Sunday's and you run it thru the "Rodgers and Murphy" have diminished him machine?

There are many reasons far more likely than that for what you're seeing.
my evolving opinion has nothing to do with the on the field results, play-calling, or the like. i know what preseason is about. i don't care if they go 0-4. i'm just getting the feeling his personality isn't strong enough. we'll see.

Reaction score
What if instead of playing small minutes for a few pre season games.... They are planning to play the entire game of the final preseason game :cautious:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my evolving opinion has nothing to do with the on the field results, play-calling, or the like. i know what preseason is about. i don't care if they go 0-4.
you just seem to use everything that happens as a reason to take a shot at Rodgers. MLF has never looked like anything other than a young coach with not a lot of media presence and a lot to learn to me. Looked the same when I watched him last night, but now with a few months of added stress trying to get everyone coached up in real life and not just a plan on paper. he may be brilliant, but he has a lot to learn. it's expected.

you see that change happening because Rodgers and Murphy have dressed him down and put him in his place?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you just seem to use everything that happens as a reason to take a shot at Rodgers. MLF has never looked like anything other than a young coach with not a lot of media presence and a lot to learn to me. Looked the same when I watched him last night, but now with a few months of added stress trying to get everyone coached up in real life and not just a plan on paper. he may be brilliant, but he has a lot to learn. it's expected.

you see that change happening because Rodgers and Murphy have dressed him down and put him in his place?
as i said in my post it's just a feeling i'm getting that his personality isn't strong enough for a HC. we'll see. lotta football left.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he doesn't have a strong enough personality, but YOU said it was because of Rodgers and Murphy diminishing him. So what makes you think they put him in his place and they run the show?

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Preseason sucks - always has, always will. Canada or the rest of the world doesn't give two craps about the NFL. My only observation about this year is that it seems eerily familiar to the last two. Looks like the defense has subpar talent and no emotion or leader. I don't see players on the sideline looking excited about playing football. I just see anxiety. Or maybe it's boredom. That is certainly understandable.

KelliParkins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First Post from a long time reader.

Here is the True Story of what happened in Canada yesterday. I am a packers fan who lives in Kenora, ONT and was at the game.

I stayed at the same hotel as the team (not knowingly). Yesterday morning approx 10am I was at the private lounge for guests only. Aaron Rodgers and few players were sitting relaxing, broadcasters, other team staff, and the GM. About 6-7 of them got up and went over to the stadium. The players were not permitted to visit the field for the game. About 4 hrs later I returned to the hotel and the staff returned from the stadium. I overheard conversations that they are getting together shortly after in a private room.

Where I was for the 4 hrs they were away I visited some downtown attractions and a well known area was called 'THE FORKS'. Which blew me away and would make most cities jealous that they had such an attraction. Its not just built but it's an attraction that mixes hundreds of years history which basically formed the city as a gathering place which now is a huge space of land in the heart of downtown with restaurants, shops, parks, river boat rides,etc. I met tons of Packers and Raiders there and they were having a great time.

A side story. I met few Packers players that brought their families with them as this was a great opportunity for them to visit another country. I won't mention his name but he is a RB brought his mom - sister, and were having the time of their life. Sadly he never saw the field lol but we know he is going to be great!

Continuing....... As I was walking back from ' The Forks' I met up with few of the broadcasters. Spoke about conversation I overheard in the lounge about it being important and I just asked ''what was the worry about that the team staff had to go over to the stadium?'' He told me ''field conditions'' I was shocked. My first reaction was all the money I spent on my vacation and it was going to be cancelled.

So when I arrived at the hotel around 2:30 I made my way down to the lounge and sure enough I bumped into the same broadcaster and few other Packers staff. I brought up the status of the field and they told me '' The raiders approved the field at noon, the nfl said it was great, our guys are going over again at 4 to check'' So I was pleased with the response and I got ready for the game as usual.

At approximately 3:15 I made my way down to the lobby and was standing waiting for autographs or photos of players/coaches. At 3:30 all the Packers staff and broadcasters left for the stadium. The players left shortly after. Aaron Rodgers was not friendly at all to the fans, not even a wave. So I took that as he was prepping for the game and was getting into his zone. I thought great 'aarong is starting'.

At 4:30 I left to the stadium and I turned on the local radio and the field conditions were being discussed. They had their own pre-game show on the local sports station which was fun. They also have tons of radio access to our rivals the Minnesota Vikings. Nothing from Green Bay comes up to Manitoba. I get to the stadium which is a beautiful stadium and if you added another concourse on top it would rival any NFL stadium in size/beauty. For a 33k seat facility I have been there for a Blue Bomber game and know how loud it gets its one of the nicest stadiums in the world. Just beautiful. I walk down to our seats and I notice the field spots in the endzone. It was dark in color and notice nothing much of an issue.

The strangest part of this entire mess was that both the Raiders and Packers were running and catching balls over the spot hundreds of times in warm-ups. Never an issue.

Then the game started and the fans were told about the field adjustments. Not cool.

At half-time I walked down to the field for pictures and sure enough one of the team staff members I visited at the hotel was on the field. He came over, we spoke for a while, and he told me something that has not been discussed at all regarding the field conditions.

He told ''The Raiders and the NFL felt the field was perfect but our GM and President would not budge'' I asked him ''why?'' He told me something I never heard of as a Packers fan which brings us back to the Hall of Fame game.

According to him the Packers are operated differently as a NFL franchise and are not protected under the same laws operating in Wisconsin due to not having a private ownership group in nature, but having incorporated company with public shareholders operating outside of Wisconsin the Packers can not put their employees at risk of known risk of work place injury.

If a player tears his ACL playing Football it falls under the NFL-NFLPA CBA regarding insurance,etc. But if it happens due to a known risk such as a playing surface, they are not protected under the agreement the same as other teams.

I have sent a message over to the broadcaster I met and hopefully he responds and would be great for someone in journalism in Wisconsin to do a story on this as it would be more responsible for the Green Bay Packers to explain themselves other than just letting everyone guess on why the Packers feel differently than the Oakland Raiders.

Jon Gruden post-game knew about this and was clearly not impressed and left the Packers to explain it for themselves.

Other than that. It was a great time. I get to continue on with my vacation and going over to Lake Winnipeg and then Falcon Lake for the weekend. Going to watch the Blue Bombers game tonight and enjoy the rest of my vacation.

Go Packers!

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe he doesn't have a strong enough personality, but YOU said it was because of Rodgers and Murphy diminishing him. So what makes you think they put him in his place and they run the show?
i'm beginning to think their personalities overmatch his.
the comments that rodgers has made that keep the "uncoachable" narrative alive. last night MLF said he wasn't part of the decisions made about the field conditions. MLF said the field had nothing to do with personnel decisions, then rodgers said at half-time he didn't play because of the field. they didn't play 33 guys because of the field. did murphy make the call on the personnel? MLF got kinda defensive after the game when asked about the personnel decisions. idk.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gary let's be honest, almost every single post you've made it seemed like you're taking a shot at Rodgers in some kind of way. Not nearly as bad as RicFlair or Quientus, but you're a tier below them.

@KelliParkins Welcome aboard new comer! I too am a long time reader that officially joined last year. Been lots of fun here. We hope you enjoy your time here!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm beginning to think their personalities overmatch his.
the comments that rodgers has made that keep the "uncoachable" narrative alive. last night MLF said he wasn't part of the decisions made about the field conditions. MLF said the field had nothing to do with personnel decisions, then rodgers said at half-time he didn't play because of the field. they didn't play 33 guys because of the field. did murphy make the call on the personnel? MLF got kinda defensive after the game when asked about the personnel decisions. idk.
uncoachable narrative is being propagated by people needing clicks and readers

The above post about what happened makes perfect sense why MLF had nothing to do with the decisions, because he wouldn't have and Rodgers was right in that it was because of the field. neither were wrong, and neither were at odds with each other, but you see it that way?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uncoachable narrative is being propagated by people needing clicks and readers

The above post about what happened makes perfect sense why MLF had nothing to do with the decisions, because he wouldn't have and Rodgers was right in that it was because of the field. neither were wrong, and neither were at odds with each other, but you see it that way?
yes but rodgers doesn't have to feed it. he could say what he has to say to MLF personally and keep it out of the press. the narrative would die-off if he would.
yes kelli's post explains the field decisions and that's cool.
the "personnel decisions" contradictions remain.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't feed it and i doubt he watched the TV broadcast to have any idea what he said. it was likely the truth and nothing more to it than that. yet people will make it something. Why?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A comment about MLF would be, I don’t think he has a strong personality that it takes to be a head coach. You had to add the part about Rodgers and Murphy “diminishing” him after initially appearing to be head coach material. I’d say you clearly meant to take a shot at Rodgers

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A comment about MLF would be, I don’t think he has a strong personality that it takes to be a head coach. You had to add the part about Rodgers and Murphy “diminishing” him after initially appearing to be head coach material. I’d say you clearly meant to take a shot at Rodgers
considering my past takes i get that but not this time. i mentioned murphy too. had i just said what you suggested the next question to me would have been "why?"

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
considering my past takes i get that but not this time. i mentioned murphy too. had i just said what you suggested the next question to me would have been "why?"
You do realize he's doing the same thing you criticize Rodgers in regards to his poor choice of wording right? Not so fun is it when the shoe is on the other foot now is it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts