1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Westboro Baptist "Church"

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by BangTheDrum, Apr 9, 2008.

1. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So these people are coming to UW Stout tomorrow and apparently protesting the memorial of my fellow students that have recently passed in the fire. I don't understand why people are like this, they are saying such outlandish things like "god brought the fire", and "thank god for three more dead students". If anyone could shed some light on this for me it would be appreciated. I'm sorry if this offends anyone here. I am awfully angry right now and can only equate this to ignorant, cult following F*** Ups.

Protest Schedule: http://www.godhatesfags.com/schedule.html

Thanking god for another tragedy in Wisconsin: http://www.godhatesfags.com/written/fliers/20080407_wisconsin-minnesota-tragedy.pdf

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Trying to figure out the reasoning of religious fanatics is a waste of time.

3. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    They are the anti-gay hardcores.

Losers.

I saw they are coming to protest tomorrow. Why?

4. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    You going Bang?

5. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I might go to protest them... They are protesting the memorial of these students... They say they deserved to die and that god sent the fire.

6. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, I don't get why though.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    you want to know the reason? Just look at the web address..Tells you all you need to know

I personally hate the fact their are people like that in this world ( the protesters) but this country allows people to express their views..

8. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    These people are a bunch of inbred hillbillies who think that tragedies such as this are gods punishment for America for tolerating homosexuals. They sickly rejoice in the deaths of our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan and picket their funerals. We hear about these freaks all of the time.

These people remind me of the Carrie Whites fanatic mother in the movie Carrie.

9. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    These kids werent gay... The Westboro people are just freaking insane... They protest soldiers deaths as well, check out those sites I linked, rediculous!

10. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Well, if your there. Red Badger hoodie, black stocking cap.

11. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Bang and PackOne.. if you go, throw in a couple words for me.. what a bunch of bastards.. sometimes you wish the freedoms of this country could be revoked for these kinds of igits.

When I first seen Westboro, I am like that is a dinky little town near my house... I was like I may go pay them a visit here soon.. then I seen the Kansas addy.. whew.. didn't think we could have that kind of folk in this here parts...

12. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well they apparently think poorly of WI and MN if you see that second link

pretty Upsetting

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    they're really actually nothing but media whores.

14. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    In that case, I'll just stay home. No need to feed to freaks.

15. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be there... I see both sides of the media whore and just want attention bit... I feel like I should be there to support those students and their families who in this time do not need this crap as the crazy bastards are going to each of their funerals as well.

16. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Dear Students,
    The email you received earlier from Laura Short on behalf of Doug Mell stated that a extremist hate group may be staging a protest tomorrow.

One's initial reaction may give the urge to stage a counter protest or an act of violence. Personally, organizing a counter protest was my initial reaction as well.

It is important that everyone realize these people fund their group by suing people who commit violent acts against them, and they have numerous members who are lawyers.

If we want to send a real message as the Stout community it will be to completely avoid them. Please abstain from anti-protesting in any form. We are protesting them by not paying any attention whatsoever. They are only looking for attention and news coverage so they can grow their outrageous organization.

Peace,

Michael Lubke, President
    University Student Senate
    Stout Student Association

17. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  18. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Those people were just here in Iowa City last week after a local guy killed his wife, four kids and then himself. The "church" leader said they were coming to protest the memorial service, saying God sent the dad to kill his family and himself to punish Iowa City for it's liberal views on homosexuality. I was going to go and give them more than a piece of my mind, but decided not to. They didn't get any media coverage here and therefore didn't stay here very long, except for a bit on the news about them coming. It irritates me to no end that these are the kind of churches that get the publicity.

19. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
  20. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    throw rocks at them man. somebody's gotta do it.

21. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    God doesn't work that way, so please don't confuse these people with "Christians".
    People do all kinds of horrific things in "gods" name.
    Not ONE of them is sinless. How DARE them make the assumption that God did ANYTHING to cause these and other deaths.
    Whether homosexuality is right or wrong in anyone's view isn't the point. It's God who will judge, not these idiots.
    "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is the sign i would hold up in front of these jerks.
    I hope God judges them with the same amount of grace thay they judge others.
    Remember "Judge not, lest YE be judged"? I guess they left those verses out in their (per)version of the Bible.
    These people are a cult of hypocrites, and they arn't worth the time and effort.

22. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    this "church" has like 100 members... 80 of which are directly related to Fred Phelps the "pastor"

church rules do not allow church members to marry outside of the church.

the guy doesnt care if what he is preaching is wrong or even sacreligious, just as long as he can get the 100 inbred idiots in his congregation to believe him. Its all just some sick mind game this tool uses to get what little power he has now.

ignore them and they will leave. and if that doesnt work call in the Patriot Guard Riders. just a bunch of motorcyclist who ride around protecting funerals from being protested by these idiots. http://www.patriotguard.org/

23. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
  24. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  25. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1