Were Still Young and Improving

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
The Packers with a few obvious exceptions are a VERY young team. We have a new blocking scheme. We have new coaches. Knowing all of that each game we should get better. As the games pass the players will get more comfotable with the coaches (and vis versa), zone blcoking will get better, and many of our young players will improve. Looking from this week to last are team is much improved. Now I know you may point out that the Bears are a better team than the Saints, but that was for sure not the only factor in our improvement. On top of that its not like we play Bears caliber teams every week. Looking at our schedule the only real teams that are closer to the Bears caliber than Saints on our schedule left is the Seahawks and PAtriots (and bears again) Many players played better (Favre, Hawk, Jennings ect.) with the exception of Ahman Green. Now I understand now that we are not a winning team, but some of you guys go crazy because of two losses. We are not going to loose 16 games this year and if you think we will you are crazy.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
The players improved and I think the coaching degressed.

13 point lead and to squander it away before the end of the half???

Too many empty backfield sets and draw plays that were predictable even by me.

This was supposed to be a run first team. What happened?

In some defense to the coaching, the players dropped a LOT of passes today. A lot!

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No we wont be 0-16, but we might well be 1-15 or 2-14.

We are a young team with the WORST coaching staff in the NFL.

So maybe it will be crazier to say we will be 8-8 than 1-15..

MM SHOULD be GB HC only one year, he is totslly lost...

If he were to be honest he will just throw the towel, resign and let TT, Ja,Ja,Ja, hire a real coach.

Season is over my friends,, and Until TT gets the boot we will look like this.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
No we wont be 0-16, but we might well be 1-15 or 2-14.

We are a young team with the WORST coaching staff in the NFL.

So maybe it will be crazier to say we will be 8-8 than 1-15..

MM SHOULD be GB HC only one year, he is totslly lost...

If he were to be honest he will just throw the towel, resign and let TT, Ja,Ja,Ja, hire a real coach.

Season is over my friends,, and Until TT gets the boot we will look like this.

I don't think anyone was expecting MM to be coach of the year right away. :roll:

The team is young and improving, and so is the coaching staff. MM may not be the best coach in the league, but he shouldn't be. He's only coached 2 games so far. Give him a chance to learn and improve too.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
Yeah I thought we should have ran more to.

I guess it's kind of hard for even the coaches to have much faith in the run when you are only getting 2.8 yards per carry.
That leads to alot of 3 and outs even if you do have a 13 point lead.
There certainly was room for more balance between the run and the pass.

Reaction score
I think it was said by a journalist on Packersnews.com, something along the lines of:

If Brett Favre, William Henderson, and Rob Davis were to retire, the average age of the Packers would be somewhere between kindergarten and 1st grade.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
Yeah I thought we should have ran more to.

last week people said we should have thrown the ball more :roll: McCarthy and his staff can't win with you people.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He tried to run a lot early. Every time we ran the ball Green got stuffed. Eventually, if you have a 0% success rate with something, you've got to abandon it. MM didn't do anything wrong. I put this loss squarely on the shoulders of Bob Sanders.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
He tried to run a lot early. Every time we ran the ball Green got stuffed. Eventually, if you have a 0% success rate with something, you've got to abandon it. MM didn't do anything wrong. I put this loss squarely on the shoulders of Bob Sanders.

Yeah, you know after we traded Vonta Leach.......STUPID MOVE!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how when TT trades a mediocre player, the TT haters go on about how hes the best player ever.

fuuckin idiots

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I checked, this isn't a thread about Vonta Leach or TT trades.

Pyle, Trom, please stop being ********. Discuss the issue that's being discussed in the thread, or don't post, please.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think green would have done better if he had somewhere to run.

he couldent find many holes.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I like how when TT trades a mediocre player, the TT haters go on about how hes the best player ever.

fuuckin idiots

Let's see if this gets you suspended - This will be telling!!!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

fuuckin idiots

I didn't name anyone, especially you. I would never! I respect you too much.

but yeah, the improvement is there, and in week 3 id like to see the running attack of week 1 combined with the passing attack of week2....with their powers combined....we got ourselves something!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
pyledriver80 said:
tromadz said:

fuuckin idiots

I didn't name anyone, especially you. I would never! I respect you too much.

but yeah, the improvement is there, and in week 3 id like to see the running attack of week 1 combined with the passing attack of week2....with their powers combined....we got ourselves something!

So you called everyone idiots?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts