"We're going to attack Free Agency"

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats what TT said when asked about FA, since they have a little more money to spend in FA than they have had in a while(thanks to the sherm)

Id love a veteran CB or safety next to nick

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not exactly what I heard. I heard him say you have to be very cautious when dealing in Free agency. You have to take care of your own.

That hardly sounds like they will "attack" it, but hey, it gave you an opportunity to take another shot at Sherman!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
That's not exactly what I heard. I heard him say you have to be very cautious when dealing in Free agency. You have to take care of your own.

That hardly sounds like they will "attack" it, but hey, it gave you an opportunity to take another shot at Sherman!

whatever you say. ted Thompson said, "We will attack free agency" but you can go ahead and question that too, like other people do. Like I get a sudden urge to make up quotes or news. you people are ridiculous sometimes.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what I got out of it was, we're not going to be cheapskates, and avoid FA like the plague.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a known fact many second teir players for other teams could step up and be starters in Green Bay. If TT has such a great eye for talent, this is where he should attack free agency.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aceschnd said:
Hey lets just hold on to Mr. Javon Walker so that Favre has someone to throw to next year in the playoffs.

Walker is under contract for one more season, and is in no place to hold out like last offseason because he's coming off of a major knee injury. Hopefully he comes back and plays like he did in 2004 (and he probably will since it's a contract year).

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toronto_Cheesehead said:
Aceschnd said:
Hey lets just hold on to Mr. Javon Walker so that Favre has someone to throw to next year in the playoffs.

Walker is under contract for one more season, and is in no place to hold out like last offseason because he's coming off of a major knee injury. Hopefully he comes back and plays like he did in 2004 (and he probably will since it's a contract year).

If Rod Gardner is our biggest FA signing I'll be happy...a top four of Walker, Driver, Gardner and Murphy...Franks hopefully involved more under McCarthy's west coast style offense--this could be a great year for Brett--and oh yeah, Kampman must return too

but we're gonna have money to burn--hopefully Ferguson and Adrian Klemm are cut at only a minimum cap hit, Na'il Diggs will probably be cut to save us some millions, and I don't see Grady Jackson returning unless he accepts a 2 year or less deal

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fvre4mvp said:
Did anyone hear if Murphy will be back, I heard he was 50/50 to play again

A few weeks ago jsonline made it sound questionable. It sounded like Murphy has the same narrowing of the spinal column that Tim Lewis had. It sounded like Murphy still wanted to play, but he has to make a decision if he wants to risk further injury.

He sounded like he had a lot of potential. With Walker coming back from an injury and Ferguson a no show for most of his career, we really could use an up and coming guy like Murphy. But now it's questionable if he'll play or not.

I'd like to see him back if he's healthy, but if it's too big of a health risk I hope he doesn't chance it.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HIs actual words were - "We're gonna attack Free Agency like any other (Team would do).."

Which means he's gonna be savvy about it.....

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
fvre4mvp said:
Did anyone hear if Murphy will be back, I heard he was 50/50 to play again

A few weeks ago jsonline made it sound questionable. It sounded like Murphy has the same narrowing of the spinal column that Tim Lewis had. It sounded like Murphy still wanted to play, but he has to make a decision if he wants to risk further injury.

He sounded like he had a lot of potential. With Walker coming back from an injury and Ferguson a no show for most of his career, we really could use an up and coming guy like Murphy. But now it's questionable if he'll play or not.

I'd like to see him back if he's healthy, but if it's too big of a health risk I hope he doesn't chance it.

just checked his website...here's something.

www.terrencemurphy.com said:
Getting back into it

12/21/05

This is in response to all the emails, letters, thoughts and prayers. I'm doing a lot better. I have actually started lifting weights again and gaining my weight back in preparation for a breakout 2006 season. But right now it is looking good for me to get to play next year and help "The Pack" get back to the NFC North championship again. Thanks for your prayers because without them I wouldn't be progressing as fast.

Tmurph85

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts