Went to visit Lombardi's Grave today, here's a picture

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it took me some time to find it...I found it b/c I saw another Packers fan w/ a Packers decal on his tailgate as I was pulling up...took some pics and then another Packers fan showed up...pretty cool, kinda surreal...here's my pics

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Kind of disrespectful of whoever to duct tape the frigging article to the face of the stone covering up the L. Is it so hard to laminate it and lay it down in front? Jeez.

Cool pic though.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great picture, thanks for the upload. But I agree with Murgen, no one should go around duct taping gravestones, no matter the intentions. Hopefully whoever did do it thinks better next time.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea, that was the first thing I noticed too, w/ the tape...but still pretty neat to finally see it...I'm only 7 miles away and first time I went to go see it

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Last night when I watched HBO's Lombardi for the 5th time, when looking at the gravestone, I made a mental note to see if I could find it under google images. Thanks.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of disrespectful of whoever to duct tape the frigging article to the face of the stone covering up the L. Is it so hard to laminate it and lay it down in front? Jeez.

Cool pic though.
Well, the duct tape does not cover the L.
But sill, doesn't need to be there.

And not only that, but the souvenirs are covering up over the name Vincent as well.
And if there is a name on the right, such as his wife or other family member name on there, looks like fans have just dissed that one. And that's not right.

Frankly I think it would look better if left alone without all that stuff all over it.
Yes, he was the coach of the Packers but it should be tastefully done. Just the stone alone is enough. We don't need reminders of who he was.
I have the feeling that Vince would prefer it that way.
Am I alone in thinking this?
(Sorry to be a crank. I'm one of those who prefers things left in as natural a state as possible.)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
The reason the L isn't covered is cause somebody took it off there. You can see the tape residue after they did it. Even when that comes of duct tape residue is gonna leave a mark for a long time. F'ing idiots.

I don't mind the stuff, just people paying homage, but still, you should not duct tape anything to a headstone.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason the L isn't covered is cause somebody took it off there. You can see the tape residue after they did it. Even when that comes of duct tape residue is gonna leave a mark for a long time. F'ing idiots.

I don't mind the stuff, just people paying homage, but still, you should not duct tape anything to a headstone.

What about duck taping the guy who did that to the grave and break his legs? Would that be allowed? This is NJ we are talking about....

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
What about duck taping the guy who did that to the grave and break his legs? Would that be allowed? This is NJ we are talking about....

I would prefer thumbs. That way he wouldn't do it again for a long long time. heh

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer thumbs. That way he wouldn't do it again for a long long time. heh
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrpZKci_Ask&feature=related]YouTube - The Sopranos - Tony lays down a beating on mikey[/ame]

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the terrific picture!

I love the stuff on Vince's grave and marker. Shows the fans still love the man.

I thought it is a lot like the Vietnam Memorial where people leave all sorts of things to mark their love and memories.

God bless the Green Bay Packers.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score

it's clear tape over the L, it makes it fade a little bit, yea I wasn't crazy about the tape either, but pretty cool how many people have come to the site, when I went I saw 2 other fans randomly there around 2pm

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been looking for awhile, but do you guys know where I could watch the HBO Documentary of Vince Lombardi?

1) if you have HBO, watch it this month or in March
2)if you have a friend with HBO, DVR it. (If one can, I know nothing about DVR and HBO maybe capable of blocking recordings?)
3) I talked to HBO in December and they told me it would be about six months after broadcast before a DVD would be available....so maybe June or July.

Members online

Latest posts