Wells leaves packers

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What does that mean? That you have inside info that the Packers will make no attempt to re-sign him?

You're being very vague.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm saying he has a deal in place and the packers know it.

I have no idea what the packers plans are for replacement. I'm sure if the price is right FA would be logical but it seems like deep draft for centers. Then again I'm not a scout.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Dan Koppen could be a good replacement. He's a little on the older side but he's still one of the better centers in the league. I really don't want to begin the season with a rookie center. And I really don't want us to waste our first rounder on a center

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's said he "Chose his new team," and that a deal would be announced shortly after free agency opened. I imagine we'll find out sometime tonight.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There was also a report that the Titans were talking to the Texans Center Chris Myers

Yeah, I saw that, too. But the Titans are the only team I've seen linked to Wells so far. It doesn't really mean much, but if he's already chosen a team, maybe it's them.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please TT if Wells leaves go sign Chris Myers, we need a solid line and him being better and younger (all be it only a year) would be worth the free agency pick-up. He was the center for a team that made TJ Yates look like a top 15 QB at points and had TWO crazy good RB. He is worth the money.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Packers now have holes at OC, DE, OLB, and SS, especially if Nick Collins is done. And counting on Raji and Pickett to anchor our defensive line is like counting on plastic wrap in the wind.

We might be able to fill a couple of those holes in the draft and draft a few more as projects, but things aren't looking good right now for the Packers. I'm sure TT will draft the BPAs but if that's all he does, Packers may be taking a step back.

Mozhino

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Wells is from Spring Hill Tennessee. and he played college ball there. So it maks sense. I wouldn't Myers. Why invest huge capital in a center? Most decent centres in the NHL are low round draft picks. Draft Molk from Michigan, we EDS, and maybe sign a guy like Todd McClure, old vet, similar size as Wells, from the Falcons zone scheme, would be cheap.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Wells is from Spring Hill Tennessee. and he played college ball there. So it maks sense. I wouldn't Myers. Why invest huge capital in a center? Most decent centres in the NHL are low round draft picks. Draft Molk from Michigan, we EDS, and maybe sign a guy like Todd McClure, old vet, similar size as Wells, from the Falcons zone scheme, would be cheap.

Can you translate this into English and then re-post it?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Packers now have holes at OC, DE, OLB, and SS, especially if Nick Collins is done. And counting on Raji and Pickett to anchor our defensive line is like counting on plastic wrap in the wind.

We might be able to fill a couple of those holes in the draft and draft a few more as projects, but things aren't looking good right now for the Packers. I'm sure TT will draft the BPAs but if that's all he does, Packers may be taking a step back.

A step back could still be 14-2 - The key components of our team are Elite

Members online

Latest posts