1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Wells is top contender to replace Flanagan

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Popcynical, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Source

Part of article:

2. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I've always liked Wells. I don't expect him to be a star, but I think he'll be more than capable.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Im a supporter of wells, have been since 2004. Hopefully with a FULL offseason training at center, and with some free weight action, he can turn it up a notch.

He was already better than Flanagan as of late, but they kept plugging him into guard spots.

Go Wells!

4. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Wells was not as good as Flannigan when Flannigan was healthy.

5. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Flanigan was hurt but his play was dropping off even before then. I'm happy that Flanny got his payday but I think the Texans overpaid for him and Wells will be just fine in his natural position. He's a scrappy player and will prove more than capable of manning the center position.

6. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He isnt that big but we have zone blocking so it wont matter as much.

7. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Right, we need quicker, more agile lineman...and i'd rather have this o-line start getting together this year rather than sign flanagan back, have him get hurt, have to rotate linemen like we did all last year, yeah...

8. MajicMan

MajicMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm happy with this...It's the way I wanted things to be. Cool-cool. Nice work TT.

9. route25

route25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wells is not as athletic as Flanagan was, but is a tough, feisty guy. Probably more like Frank Winters than Flanagan.

10. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Didnt the packers also use grey ruegamer at center at times last year he is a free agent as it stands right now and the pack i think used to have one of the best o-lines in the nfl until the had lost Rivera and Wahle and now Flanagan i hate to say it but if the pack dont sign any centers or guards and brett comes back he might get pounded

11. mattresell

mattresell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the key to any offensive line is continuity. That's what we need to get back to. The reason our line was so good between 02-04 was not only the talent, but also the fact that all 5 had played together consistently. A line that's worked together frequently is sports' prime example of "the whole being greater than the sum of the parts".

12. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree with you mattresell it is important that the same 5 linemen work together and keep working together for a long time and supposely it takes like atleast 2 years before the line starts to truely come together

13. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like Wells, and I agree with Javon that we should have better continuity with him in there rather than the oft-injured Flanagan, and that's important. Now the Packers need to come up with some guards. And I hope they don't wait till opening day of the regular season to announce who's starting, as Sherman did last year.

14. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well they always say that the oline is 1 unit