Wells in Klemm out

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has sure taken long enough to replace Klemm when it was certainly obvious in the Carolina game the difference in team performance when he was no longer playing guard. Wells played center on that occaission but I think Klemm fails to looks around and observe what the defense is doing. Stunts and other tricks allow guys to run by him while he will be doubleteaming someone else's assignment. Wells is either smarter or more observant.

This could turn around the season a bit. It is time for the winning streak to start.

Milwaukee Sentinel Journal article

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the change might be good. It's about time they try something different up front. What was going on so far sure hasn't worked.
I'm still curious about Rugamer not getting any playing time when things have gone so bad on the O-line for 8 games.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like many others, I haven't understood the O-line decisions by the coaches this year. Ruegamer should've started, and maybe Wells too. Klemm has never really seemed to get into the flow of the offense. Whitticker has struggled at times, but he's a rookie and could be very good in the future.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a good change for now. Wells replacing Flanagan was great. HE did well(s). Wells will probably be center next year, and flanagan and his money will be outta here. I love flanny, but hes had one too many surgeries to bounce back from.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be interesting to watch. Wells can play just about any position on the line....

For a game or two, I was worried about Chad Clifton, as well. But he seems to have rebounded. What's even more amazing is how well Will Whitticker has settled down and stabilized... seems pretty quiet on that part of town. Maybe Mark Tauscher's been kibbitzin him a bit more than on the other side... ya think?

It seems so close - this coming together on the Offense -- so close......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts