Well - so much fo gettin Vinatieri

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard this little dandy. Letting Longwell roll will haunt us. Vanderjat, sorry to tired to spell check, is the most attractive out there. A Dome kicker. Whomever here didn't think Longwell was a loss better think again. We may get a kicker who can kick it in to the stands on kick offs, but the all mighty 3 pointers will be a very valuable commodity this upcoming season. Too bad on Vinateri.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ohiopacker said:
He signed with the Colts . Now who do we get as a kicker ?? :shrug:

Edinger seems to be the best option out there, and I am not completely sold on him either.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Edinger will be able to be signed at any time, along with all the other journeymen free agent kickers.

I would hope TT looks at the kickers coming out of college and get one that can kick the ball into the endzone, is accurate, and has kicked outside in bad weather.

Hey Ohiopacker, you know anyone like that????? :D :D :D

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't believe this when I saw it on the news this morning. What in the world is TT doing with our beloved Pack. Is he trying to drive it into the ground or what?

OP
OP
O

ohiopacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Buck - Josh Houston from Ohio State. But i know you already knew that . :beer:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
I couldn't believe this when I saw it on the news this morning. What in the world is TT doing with our beloved Pack. Is he trying to drive it into the ground or what?

Not to worry Carol, the next Chester Marcol is out there.

There is still alot of decent free agents out there ( I'm not talking Kickers here).

We still have the draft, not to mention that alot of good players will be cut after June 1st.
Teddy still has a great opportunity to put us in good shape before camp opens in July without mortgaging the future.

Remember it is always darkest before the dawn.

vbpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relax everyone, I was real bummed when I heard we lost out on Vinatieri too. But remember when we picked up Longwell from the 49ers he was pretty much unproven kicker.
Anyone else get a bad felling about Vander-how-ever-he-spells his name?
Lets give Eddinger a serious look!
Go Packers

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Letting Longwell roll....?" For two years, the guy has made no secret of his desire to go somewhere warm or in a dome so he can pump up his stats, ostensibly to become a HOF kicker.

Too bad Vinatieri went to the Colts, but, hey, its a dome and they are winning.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why pay that kind of money for an undrafted rookie free agent who is over the hill.

Our GM will get the next guy as a rookie free agent. A lot cheaper and earlier in the career than Vinateri and Longwell.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be one of the only Packer Fans that tries to pay attention to Queens games too. Did you guys ever watch Edinger kick? Except against us, he stunk. . . or as the kids say he s*cked. He stunk and he had Brad Johnson as a holder in the dome.

Lets ask some Bears fans . . . how was PE in his last couple years in Chicago? I know there are some of you on the board.

Let PE Go. I would much rather have Vandera$$, a rookie or Todd Peterson.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Draft Connor Hughes out of Virginia

Overall: Hughes rotated at the PK position as a true freshman in 2002. As a sophomore in 2003, he made all 40 extra points and 23 of 25 field goals to earn second-team All-American. He also made three 50-yard field goal attempts that season. As a junior in 2004, he connected on 17 of 24 field goals and also missed three of his 45 extra point attempts. He scored 99 points in 2005. He was a perfect 36/36 on extra points and went 21 of 24 on his field goals, including hitting five of six from outside of forty yards. Hughes is the most accurate and consistent place kicker in the nation. He was not as consistent on deep kicks in 2004 as he was in 2003, but he rebounded in a big way in 2005 to reestablish himself as one of the top kicker prospects for the 2006 draft.

Members online

Latest posts