Well played Second half

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:chest: :pals: :beer: :jumpsmile: :eek:mg: :beersign: :cheerleader: :thumbsup: :D 8) :wink: :joy: :towel:

Words cannot describe this.

I am now in the ranks of pro bowlers by my number of posts.

Reaction score
Tromadz, I think you are being a little unfair to chick. You can't blame her for getting angry at the D because it was as bad as Last years and last game against Pats. Lets fact it Trom, they did come out and improve, which is what we all want, but the first few series offered little hope. (from what i read, I don't know if its true because I didn't get to see the game up here in Canada :soapbox:) But you can't balme chick for going off like that because it was bringing back all to painful memories of last year. However, we see that Chick is a classic pack fan in terms that she admitted that she was "wrong". Technically, the first Q she was right that they were stinking it up, but she did always say she hoped it would be better. Well it did become better, didn't it? And its hard to blame people for not thinking that the D is only having one bad game, because so far that hasn't been true. In fact, I stopped watching game updates on NFL.com to go play Madden, just so I could at least see the Pack have a solid D. But I am glad that the Pack played a great second half. However I have known chick for a while now, and the fact is she isn't the person to jump on and off a bandwagon. She did say fair things about the D, but when they were proved wrong (she constantly stated she hoped she was wrong), she admited what she said, and then rightfully so said the pack were better.

WOW... I'm just rumbled on and on and on.... :hammer:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was mad they werent performing well too, but I had enough sense to know what the story was. How can we judge a defensive line where half of them havent played (hunt,jackson), how can we judge an oline that isnt 'set' yet? or an LB core where there is a key injury? If we were 100 percent..hell...even 80 percent healthy and played the way we have...id be throwing in the towel too maybe...but its preseason..with mostly backups on defense.

i like chick, but cmon...dont spit on your cheesehead the first sign of bad things. its not cool

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good things in the second half:

A great interception by Hawkins in the end zone. How refreshing it was to see one of our corners play the ball instead of just flailing with their back to the play, as they so often do.

There were several Kenny Peterson sightings. He just may be able to sneak onto the roster.

Nall looking pretty sharp in spite of misfiring on a couple passes.

Ben Steele not being denied at the goal line.

Brady Poppinga roaming the field and making plays. He's still raw, but he appears to have the tools and I like his attitude.

The defense finally looked like it is no longer allergic to turnovers. Let's hope this trend continues into the regular season.

B.J. Sander continued to punt the ball very well. He was arguably the best Packer player in the preseason. I would've rather had it be someone else, but B.J. deserves credit and appears on his way to a fine NFL career after last year's near-disastrous start.

Members online

Latest posts