well... OK.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't be mad about it. Great game great drive to push ot.

Can't have a game like this and have 6 drives inside 30 and go into halftime with only 16 point.

Congrats to seahawks fighting back.

Everything they did with 5 minutes left in regulation told me they had the swagger to win.

I saw marshawn chewing what looked to be skittles when down 12 and dancing on the sideline.

He had no worries. I knew then.

Sucks.

PackerXLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can say you knew this and that all you want, I'm still pissed off. completely unacceptable to place yourself in such great position to win a game and lose it. it is true that some losses hurt more than others based solely on the merits of the game itself, this one hurts not only for that reason, but also because this little thing called a Super Bowl.

I'm really flustered right now.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The games over. Now we focus on going next year.

Lots of things could have happened.

Now we focus on what we can make happen.

Makes you wonder about the buffalo game though...

Oh well. I can't take anything away from this team this game, other than the fake fg.

Seattle has been riding momentum and caught more in the fourth. We faulted. They won.

Can't blame anyone in this game. We played well enough to win. We just lost instead.

Hammy300

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree. What a meltdown. I despise Belichick but this would have never happened to the Patriots. Mccarthy never ceases to amaze me. This is the guy that released Favre. No plan in Buffalo, no plan for 2nd half today. Unbelieveable...still has a lot to learn

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On one hand it was a great season and quite a bit of fun. This team is young and should get better as opposed to getting old and into cap trouble like other teams.

On the other hand.....you only get a shot at the Super Bowl every so often. To **** it away is a shame.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
sucks to think this game will go down as one of the best games in nfl history. along with super bowl 32...why can't the packers ever win one of these great games. I suppose they have the ice bowl. Will sting for a long long long time.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a really tough loss. Makes me wish I didn't care.

Seahawks just the better team quite simply. They played the worst game they have played in years with five turnovers for three and a half quarters against a very good team, and still won.

Packers offense disappoints me the most. They could have put this thing out of reach and didn't do it.

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't understand fans who after a loss this tough say "can't do anything about it, let's look forward to next year". Wow

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the other hand.....you only get a shot at the Super Bowl every so often. To **** it away is a shame.

Yeah, this was a blown opportunity. I think Rodgers will now retire with the same number of SBs as Favre. How did the Packers manage to **** away the careers of 2 HOF QBs?

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers offense disappoints me the most. They could have put this thing out of reach and didn't do it.

Yeah, this isn't really on Bostick or the D. How did our O only score 19 points on those 5 (FIVE) turnovers? We have the most overrated and overhyped offense in the league. Blows out crappy teams, but can never score in the red zone against good teams.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that will haunt me is the 16 points inside the 30. Had we just took the field, kicked a fg, and gave them the ball back we go into half up 18.

Being on the 1 two times and getting 6pts...

Mike Neal again...

2nd and 30
3rd and 20.

I'm even thinking about Burnett dropping on the int instead of running with 5 minutes left... Which is what he SHOULD DO. He was smart to drop instead of run.

All odds were in our favor. Everything showed we should have won.

Today just was a perfect storm of bad things happening. We seem to always be on that side.

No thing can be pointed at, other than Seattle just simply wanting it more.

Sucks

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "Seattle is a better team" or "Seattle wanted it more" comments are ****ing worthless.

This was a blown opportunity and the Hawks were gifted another Super Bowl appearance.

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't understand fans who after a loss this tough say "can't do anything about it, let's look forward to next year". Wow

I understand it to a point. If you lose in a wildcard game or in the second round of the playoffs. Or hell if you lost in the NFC Championship by 30, you can say "better luck next year." In this case we had it. We had the SB in our hands and threw it away. That's not something I can shrug off and say "better luck next year." We won't have an opportunity like what we had today again.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, this isn't really on Bostick or the D. How did our O only score 19 points on those 5 (FIVE) turnovers? We have the most overrated and overhyped offense in the league. Blows out crappy teams, but can never score in the red zone against good teams.

This will be a topic in the offseason; are Rodgers and the Packers offense stat queens who can't get it done against good defenses or in big spots. Are they pretty boys who feast on lesser competition? And yes, I already have had this said to me by a buddy in the last 5 minutes.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope NE goes to the Super Bowl, then at least I can say that we wouldn't beat NE. Seriously, who beats NE twice in a season? Anyone really think Belichick/Brady will lose a third straight Super Bowl?

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "Seattle is a better team" or "Seattle wanted it more" comments are ******* worthless.

This was a blown opportunity and the Hawks were gifted another Super Bowl appearance.

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I wouldn't say gifted at all. While the packers gave the game away with conservative offensive playcalling and failing to execute in the last 5 minutes and overtime. Seattle kept fighting till the game was over, the packers thought they had it with 5 minutes left and didn't finish the game the way they started.

Good coached teams don't lose like this.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope NE goes to the Super Bowl, then at least I can say that we wouldn't beat NE. Seriously, who beats NE twice in a season? Anyone really think Belichick/Brady will lose a third straight Super Bowl?

Pats taking it to Colts again- so far.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a bad loss for sure. But unlike Peyton Manning we can't blame this on the qb but questionable play calling on offense instead. I just really hate we didn't win because that window for a 2nd Super Bowl for Aaron is getting smaller and today was a chance we should have capitalized on. But in to next season, draft a good ILB and get better

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree. What a meltdown. I despise Belichick but this would have never happened to the Patriots. Mccarthy never ceases to amaze me. This is the guy that released Favre. No plan in Buffalo, no plan for 2nd half today. Unbelieveable...still has a lot to learn

you are still pissed that he released Favre, and I 'm pretty sure that would have been Thompson anyway.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, we're all supposed to bang our heads against the wall, get all pissed off and bent out of shape and whine and cry how things didn't go our way.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2 things:

1: its a game. A game I'm sure none of us have real skin in. Being a fan, a superfan, it hurts.

But at the end, it us just another game.

2. There is very little I can say I have fault with. Our injured qb played well, our team dominated the game.

Were there plays? Yes.

Did we play 55 instead of 60 minutes? Yes.

All in all this was still a hell of a game even in a loss.

I'm proud of this team. Sad we lost, but proud.

Last edited:

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seattle v. New England is an intriguing match-up. The one positive for me will be watching the big game without the anxiety of our Packers competing...

I wouldn't say gifted at all. While the packers gave the game away with conservative offensive playcalling and failing to execute in the last 5 minutes and overtime. Seattle kept fighting till the game was over, the packers thought they had it with 5 minutes left and didn't finish the game the way they started.

Good coached teams don't lose like this.

*Well coached teams don't lose like this.

I didn't like some of the coaching decisions but the players failed to execute at some critical junctures too.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because a lot of fans have lives outside of Football and understand that losing happens? You have to learn to take the good with the bad. In Football, there is more bad than good. Get used to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts