Well I have to admit.....the Giants were the better team..

Guitarzan-54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We Got Rolled By A Bettter Team...

Don't even go there!!!!!

They were NOT "better".

......but, Brett should retire now.

He looked GREAT the last few games. But, he's just not there anymore.

.....it happens. It's called AGE.

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we lost to the officials, plain and simple... oh well whats done is done, we will take this young team and go all the way next year with Favre leading the way

Guitarzan-54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: We Got Rolled By A Bettter Team...

don't kid yourself, we played better than NY did... they just got away with more late hits and personal fouls which should have taken away at least one touchdown. We got steamrolled by the poor officiating.

Typical FUDGIE excuses.

Fact Is.....the GIANTS kicked the sh*t out of you!

It's time for BRETT to RETIRE!

ClassyGiantsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

don't kid yourself, we played better than NY did... they just got away with more late hits and personal fouls which should have taken away at least one touchdown. We got steamrolled by the poor officiating.

Please don't degrade your team and the REAL packers fans on this site with lame excuses.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Guitarzan-54 said:
Don't even go there!!!!!

They were NOT "better".

......but, Brett should retire now.

He looked GREAT the last few games. But, he's just not there anymore.

.....it happens. It's called AGE.

Eh. I really don't get this sentiment. I looked around in the 2nd half and no one was getting open. They were losing battles left and right out there, and with that pass rush, there was just nowhere to go.

Reaction score
Re: Well I have to admit.....the Giants were the better team

we lost to the officials, plain and simple...

I don't know about that screwball, the calls could have gone either way.

They just didn't go our way, which happens sometimes.

Our Secondary was undisciplined today. Uncharcteristic of them.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Penalties killed us and kept drives alive for the Giants. Tough way to go out shooting yourselves in the foot. Playcalling sucked. They abandoned the Packer offense that got us this far. We didnt make to the NFC Championship running screen after screen. I thought the D played ok, just no real big play to steal the momentum and windchill from their sails. But to say the Giants were better....that would be a lie. Today they were better- thats it. Any given Sunday...

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a team loss plain and simple. We were caught with our pants down on both sides of the ball and we will grow from this. Thank You for a great season packers and i can't wait for training camp.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Guitarzan-54 said:

Typical FUDGIE excuses.

Fact Is.....the GIANTS kicked the sh*t out of you!

It's time for BRETT to RETIRE!

We made not have made it all the way, but we went further than the Bears did.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No way was it the officials. We lost and we're lucky that it was by only 3 in OT.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score

c_mac said:
No way was it the officials. We lost and we're lucky that it was by only 3 in OT.

Yeah...

the holding on bradshaw;s TD run was bogus.

the Giants dropped some balls that shoulda been td's...

this never should've been an OT game...I need a few days to talk about anything else

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs didn't beat us . The Giants beat us . We didn't play like a Super Bowl team and they did. Oh well. It's been a heck of a ride since September...lots to be thankful for. TM

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We lost because today, the Giants were better.

In Week 2, we were better.

Good luck Giants. Now, go beat the Pats.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't play like this and win

How does a Pro Bowl CB get torched for 154 yards?

The Giants were content with 4-7 yards pickups on every down. They controlled the clock and took it to the defense. They charged up and down the field all game and I'm surprised that they didn't score more points.

The Packers were trying for the home run all night. Of course that left us in 3 and 10 all night especially in the 2nd half.

37 carries for the Giant RBs. 13 for Ryan Grant?

And the real kicker. Letting Eli Manning beat us.

Bottom line - We got our ***** kicked thoroughly and were lucky to even have a chance in OT.

IronBMike

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1st and 3rd posters are right on, I love McCarthy but sometimes he outsmarts himself and tried to get too fancy. We just need to do what we do best; slants, running the ball, and play action passes. That's it. Forget the screens and the deep posts and such, just take what they give you, along with using the TE's more. My dad and I were able to predict most of our offensive plays this game just because of how predictable they were.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We got beat at the line of scrimmage both ways tonight, but the game still went into overtime. Hell if dumba$$ Nick Collins doesn't take his cheap shot on Manning, we might just have won this game.

For the most part though, we got beat in the trenches. Hats off to the G-men, and I hope they can beat the Pats.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: You can't play like this and win

I agree, and I havent ever really thought Bob Sanders was that good of a defensive cord. Look at how long it took him to figure out Harris was having problems covering Burress its a joke.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: You can't play like this and win

We got beat at the line of scrimmage both ways tonight, but the game still went into overtime. Hell if dumba$$ Nick Collins doesn't take his cheap shot on Manning, we might just have won this game.

For the most part though, we got beat in the trenches. Hats off to the G-men, and I hope they can beat the Pats.

Collins made a bonehead play (I'd change my sig if I knew how)...the play that cost us in my opinion was Jarret Bush not falling on the damn ball on the 50 yard line at the end of regulation. I think we could have won it there if we recover that football.

Manning_Dynasty10

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You played better than the Giants? It was a close game, but keep dreamin'

Ira108

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Giants fan, I thought the Pack played very well. The thing, in my mind that decided the game was our being able to stop the run. If Grant and the run blockers had more success, Giants fans would be the ones agonizing and your team would be playing in the Super Bowl. You've got a very talented young team with a great HOF qb. I'll be very surprised if our two teams aren't playing football next January. Any fan of any team who watched that game and knows football should respect the Green Bay Packers.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Well I have to admit.....the Giants were the better team

As a Giants fan, I thought the Pack played very well. The thing, in my mind that decided the game was our being able to stop the run. If Grant and the run blockers had more success, Giants fans would be the ones agonizing and your team would be playing in the Super Bowl. You've got a very talented young team with a great HOF qb. I'll be very surprised if our two teams aren't playing football next January. Any fan of any team who watched that game and knows football should respect the Green Bay Packers.

True.

That's what I've been saying. It's hard to win a Playoff game with 28 yards total rushing. Giants D looked superb. You didn't give us anything to work with.

Members online

Latest posts