Welcome to Chicago

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I think I actually get to start a thread in the hallowed "Packer Fan Forum," how exciting! Even though the Packers are at 2-8, to me, I am probably more excited with this game than any other of the year. Look for the Bears to really step it a notch just for the fact alone that they are playing the Packers. Should be quite exciting, as always, and hopefully the Bears will be able to finally stop Favre in their own backyard.

dren23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the pack have won 9 in a row. The packers were officially elimated from a divisional crown yesterday due to a bears win and the packer loss. That being said this game scares me more than most would think. Were definitely the better team, but the bears always seem to bring out the best in Favre. Another thing that scares me is this. The postseason is out of the question for the pack, so their biggest desire now will to beat the bears twice. We better bring our A-game on Sunday. I'd hate to see a letdown after two big wins.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
How long has it been since the Bears have beaten the Packers in Illinois?

i remember the first year i had playstation 2...madden 2003...the bears beat me like 10-9 in champagne, cause i missed a field goal at the end...that was my only loss in a 15-1 super bowl season...other than that i can't think of a road loss to chicago

i actually have no problems with the bears, i'd rather see them win out than the queens steal this division--because only WE can steal divisions

a lot of penn state on the bears too, was glad to see Robbie Gould bang a few field goals yesterday, John Gilmore with a TD catch...but what has happened to Micheal Haynes? tough competition on the D-end with Alex Brown and Ogunelye...maybe you can trade him to us

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going to BE AT THIS GAME (I will be saying this all week, bare with me, I am super excited), and it is going to be a real test to my packer fanitude. I expect the bears fans to tear me a new one, but all i really care about is seeing favre complete a touchdown pass in person before I die. But since its the bears defense, I might just have to settle for a pass completion and not a td reception.

However, the bears have struggled historically vs green bay. Even the last 2-4 years, the bears defense has been very good, but GB would still win. Although this bears defense is probably the best version yet, its still something to think about.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's fun to hae a rivalry that brings out the best in each team. The Packers are no pushovers. I think it will be a worthy game and regardless of the Packer margin of victory.

I am cheering for whoever plays the Vikings because they deserve disrespect. The Bears are always respected and the Packers gear up for them. The rivalry is part of the tradition of both teams.

You will never convince a Packer fan to become a Bear fan or a Bear fan to become a Packer fan. Bear fans love their Bears and have not had a lot to cheer lately. Let them enjoy their time and Sundays game be a needle in their side.

dren23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like this picture better. :D

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bears are a scary team this year.

I had my doubts in the beginning, but now I could see them winning the NFC, just because of how well I think they will match up with the other playoff teams

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah - I like their heart on Defense (Bears, that is).. they have a never give up attitude. Course, that comes from winning (what) seven in a row. The Packers would be flying like crazy with a 7 game winning steak - any team would.

I see Brett gettin' away with a TD pass (for tromadz) - but the Pack will "give" this one away, too - just like they did Tampa Bay and Cleveland.

I can't see how it would be a real contest though -- the Bears have who on IR? Anyone? No, Rex Grossman doesn't count this year - you got my boy from Purdue, Kyle Orton, at the helm - I really wanted the Packers to draft him, instead of Aaron Rodgers.... But, it's your Defense that's winning most of the games this year - Wonder how Orton feels going up against one of his High School/College year(s) idol's?

rmayer32

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will be a good game I think, I just wish the Packers were playing with their actual offensive roster in tact, then it would truly be fun.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about the records this Sunday just as I have never cared about the team’s records for every Bears-Packers game since I was 5 years old. I dread seeing Brett Favre playing at Soldier Field every time he comes to town. This very well may be his last trip and I am sure that the Bears fans at the game will have that in mind.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been very impressed with the Bears these past couple weeks. They are for real, and I think they will beat the Packers in a close game on Sunday. However, I have my doubts about the Bears getting anywhere in the playoffs. They are an opportunistic team that plays good defense--a lot like the 2001 Bears team that lost in their first playoff game. The problem is that in the playoffs you are up against good teams that are playing their best football of the year. Suddenly those screw-ups that you've been relying on all season aren't happening anymore, and your offense has to actually go out and score some points. And I don't think the rookie QB will be up to it in such a pressure situation. Remember what happened to Roethlisberger in the playoffs last year.

By the way, I'm not trying to flame or anything. My dad was a Bears fan, and they are my second-favorite team in the division. I will probably stick up for them in the playoffs. I wish them well, except for when they play the Packers.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From the way things have been going for the Pack, I doubt that they will score more than 6 points. Too little talent left uninjured. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. Besides, since the season is shot anyway, I want high draft picks so the Pack can come out of this funk sooner. Whatever happens....no injuries on either side, please.

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CurlyBear said:
Imagine this is Favre.

Sorry, too late!!
Have a look down the field!

Packers tight end Bubba Franks catches a 17-yard pass for a touchdown as Mike Green defends during the first quarter. (AP)

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
30 degrees with a chance of snow Sunday. Man I envy you Tromadz. Football weather. I just hope it's not windy to take away any passing game that Favre has. The Bears win if it comes down to a ground game. A couple turnovers will probably decide this game. Both offences aren't putting up very big numbers, but Brett does seem to shine in Chicago!

[align=center]