Weekly Packers Blog

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello all, I am generally a lurker and not a poster, but I certainly value everyone's opinions here. In the past, I have posted blog entries that I have done strictly on my own accord for fun. This season, I'm going to do a weekly take on the state of the team, and will post it here for feedback/entertainment/whatever. I am a 24-year old fan living in Connecticut who watches every snap of every game. I am also a professional (only for about three months), sports writer, but this is entirely for my own leisure. Anyways, enjoy and Go Pack Go!

https://liljsports.wordpress.com/2015/09/25/weekly-green-bay-packers-blog-week-three/

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Very cute puppy in the picture - but you should teach him to watch the road!

Congrats on your new job. Just one guy's opinion (remember you asked): Your blog looks to me like it's aimed at casual fans - nothing wrong with that but I didn't see anything new or insightful for the Packers fanatics among us. BTW, I wouldn't include Cobb in the "up-and-comers" since he's going into his fifth season and caught 91 passes for 1287 yards, scoring 12 TDs last regular season. But that’s a nit-pick. I did get a little queasy reading about your “diminished interest” (assuming you’re a Packers fan) since my interest didn’t diminish during the dark decades post-Lombardi, pre-Wolf. I would have loved to been deeply disappointed by a championship game loss back then!

OP
OP
Arod2gjdd

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, these are all tremendous points. And yes, it is admittedly geared towards a more casual fan, I wouldn't expect to share any new insight to the knowledgeable fans on this board, it's more just for entertainment purposes, as well as to keep me sharp in writing in this style (writing to print is, of course, very different). That was also an intro type thing just to talk briefly about last season. My interest would NEVER actually diminish come September, even if the team was coming off an 0-16 season. Cobb isn't an up and comer to the same extent say Adams or Rodgers are, but he is certainly still in the beginning of his prime. I appreciate the feedback

Members online

Latest posts