Week two: Falcons blowout studs and duds.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Duds: Aaron looked off without Jordy. It's got to be a mental thing with him.
Capers ain't figured it out yet.
The injury gods. Hit GB early and often before turning their attention to Atlanta.

Studs: King looked like a keeper.
Monty and Cobb came through.

I hesitate bringing up the refs but the pick play that Allison was flagged on was the same as Atlanta's last 1st half TD. Call it both ways why doncha.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Clay Matthews- sack and a half, rerouted a couple runners and forced a couple of incompletions.
Quinton Dial- looked pretty good out there

Duds:
Practically everyone else.

Beebe82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Kevin King, looks like he will be our #1 corner by the end of the year.
Davante Adams, played hard throughout and at least offered another target for Arod.

Duds:
Aaron Rodgers, played like 2016 week 8.
Randall, learn how to play outside technique in your third year.
Bennett, catch the ball then talk.
McCarthy, making weeks 1-4 essentially preseason games the last 3 seasons.
Thompson, for not keeping more receivers and keeping Janis instead. We will be hurting for a spark if Nelson is out for any period of time.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta give Murphy and Pankey at least a half-stud. As bad as the offense looked, that wasn't on them. That broken, backwards pass play was due to the interior completely crapping the bed.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dud: injuries, rollins and randall, BENNETT
stud: beer

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Duds:

Anyone on this forum that believed in this defense after last weeks showing. Clearly not much has changed.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That game sucked and was painful to watch, but I'm gonna try and be the optimistic guy.

The Falcons are a good football team who were opening up their brand new stadium, we were missing 4 of our best players, and there were 2 suspect calls that completely changed the game.

It's week 2 and we lost by 11. It's not the end of the world, but it does seem like the Falcons have our # now. I'd prefer not to see them again in the playoffs.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Kevin King, Cobb and Monty.

Duds Rodgers, Defense, MM Playcalling, Bennett.

The Shemp of the game goes to.....

Martellus Bennett with his nemorous droped balls.. earning him many blunders tonight.

Bennett you get the Shemp
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

With Capers defence coming in close 2nd.

Last edited:

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that the Packers always have that team who just has their number. Used to be the Giants, then the 49ers and the Seahawks. Now it's time for the Falcons to own them. If the Packers want to make a late playoff run they better hope they avoid the Falcons. They just have too many weapons for the Packers secondary to handle.

Packers made a mistake in releasing Gunter, I'm pretty sure they meant to get rid of Randall. That guy doesn't belong ou there at all.

Bennett is a huge downgrade from Cook last year.

Props to the 2 tackles. They both held their own.

Rodgers gave them easy points too with the fumble and the interception. That's 2 weeks in a row where he's made some knuckle head decisions.

King has shown that he has what it takes to be the #1 cb.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Duds:
  1. Return of the 2016 defense. Can't cover, can't tackle.
  2. Anyone who blames injuries on this loss.
  3. MM end of first half play calling. Get over yourself Mike, you aren't fooling anyone.
  4. Janis. Why did we keep this guy? Jordy out....Cobb out...where is Janis?
  5. TT for standing pat with slow ineffective ILB's and 2 horrible picks in Randall and Rollins.
Studs:
  1. King
  2. The Atlanta fans who vacated the stadium at the beginning of the 4th quarter, knowing this game was over.
  3. 2 Tackles who shouldn't be presently playing in the NFL for not getting AR killed.

H

HardRightEdge

Q: How many skinny posts can a team run before the free safety shows up on the screen?

A: As many as they want.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
S

Michael Bennett with his nemorous droped balls.. earning him many blunders tonight.

Ummmm...Michael was at home....sitting down during the National Anthem....think you meant Martellus? ;)

Personally, I think Marty and AR checked out of this game well before it was over.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Ummmm...Michael was at home....sitting down during the National Anthem....think you meant Martellus? ;)

Personally, I think Marty and AR checked out of this game well before it was over.

Whoops getting the names confused.

H

HardRightEdge

I hesitate bringing up the refs but the pick play that Allison was flagged on was the same as Atlanta's last 1st half TD. Call it bo th ways why doncha.
That was moments after the infamous Bennett pick call. The TE came straight off the line, contacted Burnett, and screened him away from the play. No wonder McCarthy went off.

That Bennett call was big. Anywhere from a 7 - 14 point swing.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs

King our #1 CB
Ty
Adams

duds
MM for throwing Rodgers to the wolves
refs
injuries
Randall and Rollins

H

HardRightEdge

It seems that the Packers always have that team who just has their number. Used to be the Giants, then the 49ers and the Seahawks. Now it's time for the Falcons to own them. If the Packers want to make a late playoff run they better hope they avoid the Falcons. They just have too many weapons for the Packers secondary to handle.
I wouldn't say 3 weapons should be too much to handle.

H

HardRightEdge

What did you see from Randall and Rollins tonight to suggest that?

Hopefully one or both ride some pine soon.
House and King had decent games. It would have helped if Clinton-Dix didn't sleep walk through this game. Somebody needs to be found who can play the slot. Jones maybe.

To read these posts you'd think Ryan threw for 400 yards. It seemed like every time they needed a run, Freeman got it for them. Missing Daniels makes a big difference.

The turnovers were killers.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
House and King had decent games. It would have helped if Clinton-Dix didn't sleep walk through this game. Somebody needs to be found who can play the slot. Jones maybe.

To read these posts you'd think Ryan threw for 400 yards. It seemed like every time they needed a run, Freeman got it for them. Missing Daniels makes a big difference.

The turnovers were killers.
You're right about the turnovers, but Ryan was 13-20 for 201 yards in the 1st half. The only reason he didn't throw for 400 was because the Falcons took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half. I mean, Ryan attempted just 8 passes in the 2nd half for crying out loud. And still and all was 6-8.

So lets not pretend as if the Packers did anything spectacular defensively in the 2nd half to slow them down.