Week 9 Sunday late game at Kansas City (Pregame and after game thread)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers @ Kansas City Chiefs
Sunday November 7, 2021
Kickoff - 03:25 PM

This game is what decided the entire NFL schedule the way I interpret this:
[how the schedule is made from the NFL Network]

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Z Dog is back in Green Bay and it sounds like he is ready to get back at it! First step would be to remove him from IR!

"Outside linebacker Za’Darius Smith tweeted he was returning to Green Bay after having back surgery and rehabbing at his home in Georgia, stating that he was eager to return to the field with his teammates and felt “like a new man.”

Just landed back in Greenbay!! I Can’t wait to get back on the field with my bros #GoPackGo

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Z Dog is back in Green Bay and it sounds like he is ready to get back at it! First step would be to remove him from IR!

"Outside linebacker Za’Darius Smith tweeted he was returning to Green Bay after having back surgery and rehabbing at his home in Georgia, stating that he was eager to return to the field with his teammates and felt “like a new man.”

Just landed back in Greenbay!! I Can’t wait to get back on the field with my bros #GoPackGo
When can he be activated off IR?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Pretty sure anytime now. The new IR rules just require a player to sit out a minimum of 3 games. Also, the Packers would have to clear a spot on the roster for him. Which will be easy...both Tonyan and Hill will go on IR.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This game couldn't have fallen better for the Packers, schedule wise. They will get 10 days to prepare, while the Chiefs will be playing on a short week (Monday Night football).

Despite what the Chiefs have done all season, there's no doubt we'll get their best shot. Mahomes has struggled for stretches this season, but I'd imagine he'll be dialed in with his State Farm colleague on the other sideline.

The Packers have to take advantage of the Chiefs porous defense. I'd like to think we'll have Bakhtiari back, Davante will be back, Lazard will be back, MVS was close to playing this week so he could be back. We'll have plenty of resources and opportunities to put up a really big number on the board.

Key for the Packers defense is to keep everything in front of them. Any time the Chiefs kicking unit comes out to attempt a 3 pointer, it'll be a win.

Reaction score
The GB Defense now respected.
#8 Points allowed (20.9 tied w/Rams)
#8 yards allowed/Gm
That’s including playing two top #7 ranked scoring Offenses and winning both on the road. That’s pretty impressive when we consider that both our best CB and best Pass Rusher have missed significant time.

If we can beat KC on the road (a KC team not playing their best Defense) then things get interesting. After @KC, we play 5 of 8 remaining games at Lambeau. Our toughest games remaining are the Rams and Browns, however we play both at Lambeau.

Any team has a chance of beating us. That said, I don’t see any team on our schedule that poses a serious problem other than LA.

Win @ KC and we start getting players back over the next several weeks.
MVS, Bak, Meyers, then maybe even Za’darius and J’aire. Those are all bonafide starters we’ve played without at least in partial.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just too nit pick.
Saying that playing without King does make me laugh. I am not one of the guys that think he is the worst CB in the league but his issues have led to Stokes and Douglass seeing a lot of snaps. He should not be included when discussing hurdles the team has to hurdle.
I am very happy the Ram game is at home. Why do a lot of posters tend to overlook Baltimore? Very scary match-up.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers placed Z on injured reserve on September 17. With the current rules in place the Packers can activate him whenever they feel he's ready to play.

Any team has a chance of beating us. That said, I don’t see any team on our schedule that poses a serious problem other than LA.

In my opinion the Ravens could be a tough matchup as well. In addition it might be a difficult task beating the Vikings twice as well.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just too nit pick.
Saying that playing without King does make me laugh. I am not one of the guys that think he is the worst CB in the league but his issues have led to Stokes and Douglass seeing a lot of snaps. He should not be included when discussing hurdles the team has to hurdle.
I am very happy the Ram game is at home. Why do a lot of posters tend to overlook Baltimore? Very scary match-up.
worst cb in the league - no. but a liability due to his past of peeking into the backfield and not covering - i definitely think so. King needs to be coached up not to peek - that's one thing I can offer. And the Ravens are inconsistent but have the ability to beat anyone on any given week.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Oh for flip sake ! Cant we give the guy a chance ? We still have a winning record this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most of us have given him a chance and he has done a great job with that chance so far. Of course once GB loses in a shoot out it will all be his fault again.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think many people doubted what Aaron Rodgers could do on the field, he was coming off an MVP season for pete's sake. I think most peoples beef with him was how he behaved this off season. I didn't like what he did and still don't like it, but I do like what he is doing on the field. By about week 3, he crushed my fear that he might be a lame duck QB and only be half in. That said, I do understand those who were fed up with him and done and those who feel he was just sticking up for himself and his teammates.

He appears to be having success and fun with this group, so who knows, he may be back for another season. If he is, I hope that decision is made immediately after the season, hopefully after a Packer Lombardi is brought home. I really don't want another offseason that is dominated by "will Rodgers be back, traded or sit out?", that really wasn't fun for any Packer fan.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also really like his attitude this year. Love what he has been saying in interviews and just his whole demeanor is great. I don't think it is fake at all. What he said about the "G" was awesome and I certainly hope the "G" is always part of the uniform, along with the colors. I would like it if we could come to an understanding contract wise with him similar to Breeze in NO.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also really like his attitude this year. Love what he has been saying in interviews and just his whole demeanor is great. I don't think it is fake at all. What he said about the "G" was awesome and I certainly hope the "G" is always part of the uniform, along with the colors. I would like it if we could come to an understanding contract wise with him similar to Breeze in NO.
My feelings have been that he will retire after this season if the team wins the Super Bowl. I think he wants to go out on top and he knows this is his best chance...his comments throughout this season do nothing but reinforce my feelings

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
My feelings have been that he will retire after this season if the team wins the Super Bowl. I think he wants to go out on top and he knows this is his best chance...his comments throughout this season do nothing but reinforce my feelings
I think that would be the ultimate way for him to end his career. Not the best for the Packer organization going forward to 22 season, but I still wouldn't mind this scenario as long as he didn't change his mind and try to come back as a player later.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think that would be the ultimate way for him to end his career. Not the best for the Packer organization going forward to 22 season, but I still wouldn't mind this scenario as long as he didn't change his mind and try to come back as a player later.

Sorry to say I still think he will though mate. I hope I`m wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts