Week 9: Packers in New England

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I will humor you. Let's ignore the fact that your offense isn't the type of offense that has caused issues for us in recent years. Let's say our defense is "atrocious" even though we give up fewer points than your team does.

If KC, with their insanely talented offense that's #1 in the league in points scored and has been our Achilles heel from a schematic and personnel standpoint, could not beat us in a shootout in Foxboro, how will GB, who is winless on the road, do so with a medicore offense that lacks weapons and averages only 25 PPG and is quarterbacked by a guy who can't win road games against elite teams?

I would prefer to talk about the actual matchups, but you guys aren't interested. However, the above should at least provide you with a reason as to why are way off base in your analysis.
Our defense is significantly better than Kansas City. Also, your own defensive coordinator said that facing Aaron Rodgers is the biggest challenge he has been faced with this season. Our defense will force your offense to 3-0’s, that means your defense has to do the same thing. This will not be a shoot out like the KC game where there was only 1 punt. You will see Ryan Allen on the field a minimum of 3 times Sunday night.

Edward S Duda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots defense has given up the fourth most touchdowns in the league. While they rank fourth in opponents passer rating because they have the second most interceptions don't expect Rodgers to turn the ball over.
The NE defense has given up 185 points.

The GB defense has allowed 173 points.

Both teams can be scored upon. I think NE will run the ball if Michel comes back.

Edward S Duda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if they play at least as good as they did last week they could win this. Rodgers needs to be better! Scott needs to be better! that said i expect a close loss. it's on the road. there's added uncertainty at safety. Gronk/Edelman eat teams alive. hope i'm wrong...but the Packers have found amazing ways to lose games this year.
Gronk is playing hurt.

Gordon still learning the scheme. Dorsett and Hogan are mia some games. It's been a lot of White and some Edelman.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense is significantly better than Kansas City. Also, your own defensive coordinator said that facing Aaron Rodgers is the biggest challenge he has been faced with this season. Our defense will force your offense to 3-0’s, that means your defense has to do the same thing. This will not be a shoot out like the KC game where there was only 1 punt. You will see Ryan Allen on the field a minimum of 3 times Sunday night.

Your defense isn't very good at stopping what we do best.

Ours definitely matches up well with your offense, because your team likes to pass the ball downfield, and we have the best secondary in the league.

Since then though, much of their issues on the backend have been righted. New England currently owns the highest coverage grade of any defense in the NFL and have allowed the third lowest passer rating on targeted passes of any defense in the league.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nflstop-defenses-after-week-8

We also play a lot of cover 1, which is an ideal counter to the switch concepts that your team uses.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
Your defense isn't very good at stopping what we do best.

Ours definitely matches up well with your offense, because your team likes to pass the ball downfield, and we have the best secondary in the league.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nflstop-defenses-after-week-8

We also play a lot of cover 1, which is an ideal counter to the switch concepts that your team uses.
You have the best secondary in the league? Wow. That is news to everyone on this planet. Including Gilmore, Jones, McCourtey brothers and Chung themselves.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have the best secondary in the league? Wow. That is news to everyone on this planet. Including Gilmore, Jones, McCourtey brothers and Chung themselves.

Facts are hard to digest, especially when they don't fit your narrative. But the stats back it up.

The weakness of our defense has been our LBs in coverage. You have no one with whom you can attack them. None of your RBs are any threat in the passing game.

Reaction score
I read that out loud to my husband that’s a Patriots fan and your reaction was exactly his. Too funny.

I mean why create an account on an opposing teams discussion board just to disagree with everything that is being said to you. It just seems like a huge waste of time. There was a Rams fan on here last week who was super cool. Had great conversation with multiple Packer fans. This person clearly created this account just to tell everyone they are wrong. I wouldn't even waste my time.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, it's clearly Tom Brady, 5x Super Bowl winner.

He knows that PackerForum has the greatest football minds and he came here to try and get an edge for the game.

Nice try Tom!

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
I mean why create an account on an opposing teams discussion board just to disagree with everything that is being said to you. It just seems like a huge waste of time. There was a Rams fan on here last week who was super cool. Had great conversation with multiple Packer fans. This person clearly created this account just to tell everyone they are wrong. I wouldn't even waste my time.
That is Patriots fans for you. They will argue that Kyle Van Noy is the best ILB in the league, because he’s *slightly* better than last year. Delusional fans. Most notably because of the success of Boston sports. I have Bruins and Patriots season tickets. I am a Bruins, Red Sox, Packers fan. I hate 95% of Boston sports fans.

Reaction score
That is Patriots fans for you. They will argue that Kyle Van Noy is the best ILB in the league, because he’s *slightly* better than last year. Delusional fans. Most notably because of the success of Boston sports. I have Bruins and Patriots season tickets. I am a Bruins, Red Sox, Packers fan. I hate 95% of Boston sports fans.

Congrats on the WS win! I'll do my best to avoid the troll TB5XSBW

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

Reaction score
Facts are hard to digest, especially when they don't fit your narrative. But the stats back it up.

The weakness of our defense has been our LBs in coverage. You have no one with whom you can attack them. None of your RBs are any threat in the passing game.
That’s true. But that is why it is not a part of their offensive strategy. “Facts are hard to digest.” Tell me how the Patriots secondary is the best in the league? The Patriots are in the bottom 5 for passing defense. They average giving up 277 yards per game. The packers are top 5 in passing defense. They average giving up 220 yards per game...

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Can't call us delusional when all of our teams win championship after championship.

LOL when did I say anything about KVN being the best ILB in the league? KVN is a fine player and has made some big plays for us, but I haven't even mentioned his name. In fact, I said that our LB corps in pass coverage is our Achilles heel.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Can't call us delusional when all of our teams win championship after championship.

LOL when did I say anything about KVN being the best ILB in the league? KVN is a fine player and has made some big plays for us, but I haven't even mentioned his name. In fact, I said that our LB corps in pass coverage is our Achilles heel.
How bad did them two losses to Eli hurt?

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s true. But that is why it is not a part of their offensive strategy. “Facts are hard to digest.” Tell me how the Patriots secondary is the best in the league? The Patriots are in the bottom 5 for passing defense. They average giving up 277 yards per game. The packers are top 5 in passing defense. They average giving up 220 yards per game...

"Pass defense" includes passes against our LBs. That's not just on the secondary. Even with that, our defense has allowed the 4th lowest opposing QB rating in the league.

TB5XSBW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see it now.

Before the game: "Patriots' defense sucks. It's the worst Rodgers has played this season!"

After NE's convincing victory: "Brady only beat Rodgers because he has a better defense. Rodgers always has terrible luck and a trash defense. Not his fault!"

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why? for the fun of it. i don't have a problem with it as long as they're polite/fun/informative.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see it now.

Before the game: "Patriots' defense sucks. It's the worst Rodgers has played this season!"

After NE's convincing victory: "Brady only beat Rodgers because he has a better defense. Rodgers always has terrible luck and a trash defense. Not his fault!"
take heart...wins/loses isn't a qb stat. ;):tup:

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Patriots have the best defense in the league, then the Packers have the best tail back in the league as well.
Aaron Jones is averaging 6.2 yards a carry which is first in the league of all qualifying backs. Todd Gurley is only averaging 4.2 yards a carry!!! Boy the Patriots better watch out or Jones is gonna rush all over them!!!!

See we can make pointless stats make our team look good too.

Members online

Latest posts