1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Week 8 at KC - Arrowhead Here We Come

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by PackerfaninCarolina, Oct 21, 2019.

1. PackinMSP

PackinMSP Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    So as long as the team made adjustments it doesn't really matter honestly, it's a 4 quarter game

Now with MM, he probably wouldn't have made adjustments so...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    This was huge, and I know ... Maybe Mahomes would have taken more advantage of our defense in ways that Matt Moore did not.

BUT .....

There is no handicaps in the NFL or requirements for a team to beat a backup QB by a specified margin in order to win. We won in a place where we've had problems all over our history and a game that was pencilled in as a loss by most.

Hopefully Mahomes will get back out there next week and burn a hole in the overrated Vikings, and hopefully we'll do what the Bears failed to do today against that washed up Phillip Rivers dude.

7-1 ... LOVE IT

• Like Like x 1
  3. greengold

greengold Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    You’re not kidding. Fantastic win in a place where I think we were 1-8...!!!

4. greengold

greengold Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Pettine mde some nice adjustments in the 2nd half and his players responded for the most part. King was careful to contain Hill rather than playing close, opening himself to risk. DL responded well too.

5. sjb12681

sjb12681 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Anyone else see that flag at the kneeldown and think " OH ****". I had a mild heart murmur.

6. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't think there is any question that it would have been a different game with Mahomes playing. Pettine and the Defense need to fix quite a few things. Seems like they were playing on their heels and content to play way too soft. The amount of missed tackles, no excuses.

With Martinez playing one handed, I am actually hoping that if the Packers make a trade, its for an ILB. Where is Burks? Everyone was telling me once he was back, he was the key to the ILB spot.

7. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    Graham did get a flag thrown at him on that last play. Looks like one ref wanted to call unnecessary roughness, because it was a kneel down and JG blocked. I have a feeling the refs got together and said "really, we already have enough sh*t on our faces, do we really want to call this ticky tack penalty that could potentially change the results of a game that was over? Looked like a nice block to me Ed, how about you? Sweet block Frank, lets go home."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. rmontro

rmontro Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I didn't think it would cost us the game (could have though), but still that would have been unforgivable.

9. PackerfaninCarolina

Packer Fan Since:
    Well, such would probably have been the case in several games where Flynn was starting for us, or that ratbag Brett Hundley. But, you don't get speculative or shaved points in this league for missing your starter.

As for the defense, man I just don't know sometimes what's up with the ridiculous zone scheme sometimes. I mean, there's no lie that the Chiefs are a highly potent team who you really can't shut down and that they're going to score with guys like McCoy, Hill and Kelce. But yeah, we either got LBs or Safeties with bad instincts in some cases, or a scheme that stays too soft that they start playing soft. Gonna have to get some new wrinkles in it soon.

10. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    Imagine the Chiefs Offense with Rodgers at QB. Wait......better yet....Imagine the Packers offense with the Chiefs receiving group (including Kelce).

11. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Who, exactly, is the "everyone" who said that?

I don't think anyone said Burks was the key to the ILB spot?

12. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:

Sorry, I don't keep visual records of who says what in here. Forgive me for using the word "everyone", thus allowing someone like yourself to take it too literally. Do your own homework and go check all the posts from the time Burks was injured in preseason, through all the talks of needing to improve the ILB position.

13. GleefulGary

GleefulGary Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Sorry for not letting you make up an argument that didn't exist.

I'll save you the time. Nobody said Burks was the key to the ILB's. People said they hoped he could be a starter. People said it was too soon to make a decision to use valuable assets to add more to the position group.

Hindsight is 20/20. If Raven Greene stays healthy, we might not be having this talk. Who knows? Doesn't matter. My point is simply that nobody was saying what you're suggesting. You're just making it up to bolster your argument.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Peerless Beer, Lacrosse WI

Packer Fan Since:
    I didn’t need to put words in your mouth. I cut your response here.
    My exact words immediately before and the specifically my post you responded to was
    Plus I don’t want to become that MN fan that wants to win by players being injured”
    You directly responded to my post immediately underneath my post. Your direct reply to me was..

“I couldn’t care less” Period.

If you didn’t mean that. Then how was I to know?? Am I supposed to read your mind as to what you are referring to if it wasn’t my post?
    When you say “I couldn’t care less” and we’re discussing not wanting players injured it sounds very tacky. Just my opinion. I would’ve just thought it was weird and left it alone..
    Then to take it a step further you asked me what the big deal was about the topic of players being injured? Seems a bit insensitive but ok, life’s gotten that way no biggie. Don’t ask the question if you don’t want an answer.

How about this. I apologize for reading your response to my post and answering your question. It obviously was a rhetorical statement with a ? Behind it and not meant to be discussed or debated.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  15. Crow

Crow Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    What I referred to in saying I couldn't care less was the fact that the Chiefs might have to play without their starting QB. Not that I didn't care that the guy was injured or for God's sake wished for him to be injured. Mahomes seems like one of the good guys. The fact is that injuries are an inherent part of football and every team both benefits and are hurt by them. More often than not in the last decade we have been hurt by them, so to be the beneficiary on rare occasions is of no concern to me.

No, I really would like to know what "winning the right way" is. Did we just win the wrong way tonight? What percentage of NFL games are won the wrong way as opposed to the right way? In my experience, you NEVER apologize for winning, unless you're talking about some of these goofy youth soccer leagues.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Peerless Beer, Lacrosse WI

Packer Fan Since:
    I actually agree with you in that. I’m not the guy that hands out participation trophies. That’s a complete setup for failure beyond sports IMO.

I see your point above. As far a winning tonight? I liked it. But I still would’ve liked it more beating them with their starters and with Davante etc.. . The comment I made as such was “before” the game. I’d rather our starters play their starters all things considered. Absolutely. Positively.

This is all hypothetical. Now Let’s not take this too far and say we shouldn’t play football unless all the starters on every team are healthy, that would be absolutely ridiculous. But if given the chance I would’ve loved to see Rodgers vs Mahomes.
    Who wouldn’t? Rhetorical question here.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Crow

Crow Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Well sure, but in the end, you can only play the opponent that stands before you with the team you have and defeat them handily.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I don't care how good a guy is, when he hasn't taken a single snap on the field, there is no reason to keep a camera close up of his face filling my TV screen in high def up until the snap of the next play for all 120 or so plays on the field that night.

I hope he's never injured again just for that fact. and then they had some strange fascination with the split screen with headshots of 2 players practically up to the snap of the ball. I'm like, there's 20 other guys on the field, I'd like to see what's going on before they hike the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. PackerfaninCarolina

Packer Fan Since:
    Football unfortunately is one of those sports that sometimes disappoints fans and the media by shooting one team in the leg and giving the other advantages. Nobody, especially not me asked to play the Chiefs without their MVP. But we have no control over this.

Yes, we all got disappointed in 2010 when Rodgers had to sit out the game against Tom Brady and the Patriots. He also missed two meetings in 2013 and 2017 with Rothlisberger and the Steelers. Frustrating indeed.

The Patriots didn't go benching Brady, Gronk and Edelman that year, nor did the Lions go benching Stafford, or the Steelers go benching Big Ben, Leveon Bell or Antonio Brown just because Rodgers and whoever else was out. So ... We just did things the way all of those teams did last night. Sure we would have hoped to play them at full strength despite the excruciating display our defense sometimes put out there, but we just don't have any control over this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    When Mahomes is starting he is about as close to a young Rodgers as there is out there. We were lucky he didn't play last night.

21. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    Records would be set. Wouldn't even be fair.

22. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Any news or updates on Bak and/or Bulaga?

23. Poppa San

Poppa San Levelheaded Staff Member Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    We play an entirely different defensive scheme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Pokerbrat2000

Packer Fan Since:
    I read that Bulaga will be playing Sunday, but he doesn't want to play with a club.

I assume Bak is ok, he came back in and finished the game. Those 2, along with the Smith Brothers are warriors. They get knocked down and pop right back up.

25. greengold

greengold Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    That's why I wouldn't mind a little more depth added at OT via trade before the deadline. Last night was a good illustration, though: Alex Light played well in covering for both players. I was really happy to see that.

BTW, pretty cool perspective on the TD to Jamaal Williams...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019