Week 8 at KC - Arrowhead Here We Come

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, here it is, the big game we been talking about.

Rodgers vs Moore

Graham vs Kelce

MVS vs Hill

A Jones vs McCoy

Or something like that

On a note to any Chiefs fans visiting the forum for this week, I wish Mahomes the speediest of recoveries and hope he gets back on that field soon. Really come to like him and think he's one of the good guys.

On this current game ... Well the LaFleur offense seems to have hit midseason form. Rodgers looking like his old self, and the way our receivers played this last game we've been able to no longer need to rush Adams back. He'll be back in good time.

On the other side, very concerned by what I saw out of the defense this last game. Credit them with a 4th and goal stop and King's interception, but assignment football looked bad. Even though i don't really think Matt Moore is better than Derek Carr, if his receivers get that wide open, he's certainly going to hit them.

I think we win a close one with Mahomes out. But while the offense is trending in the right way, defense seems to be going wrong.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see this being a bounce back game entirely for the Defense. KC is creative and has plethora of weapons far greater than Carr has in Oakland. Keep them under 24 I'll say success. This defense has grown (slipped in Oakland) to really be a bend, but don't break type....with solid red zone and 3rd down defense typically...bring those back and their trend will be back on track.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the defense was suffering from anything more than Redmond getting picked on a lot and unfortunately our Linebackers which is all we have. Savage will come back, but we're stuck with our linebackers.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the defense was suffering from anything more than Redmond getting picked on a lot and unfortunately our Linebackers which is all we have. Savage will come back, but we're stuck with our linebackers.

Savage and when Raven come back things are bound to stiffen up some FOR SURE.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm not sure if Greene is this year, but Campbell can be activated from PUP and still leave 1 IR designation for the team, so maybe? i thought he was done for the season though, not really a chance to come back. BUt i've been wrong before

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I'd say was more concerning the last game was not getting enough of a pass rush home. Getting turnovers off of Moore can be done I think, but we're going to have to find a better ways of getting home than we did this last game. Can't allow him to have all day back there.

D

Deleted member 6794

What I'd say was more concerning the last game was not getting enough of a pass rush home. Getting turnovers off of Moore can be done I think, but we're going to have to find a better ways of getting home than we did this last game. Can't allow him to have all day back there.

Carr is one of the fastest quarterbacks to throw the ball. I agree the Packers pass rush was disappointing yesterday though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carr is one of the fastest quarterbacks to throw the ball. I agree the Packers pass rush was disappointing yesterday though.
They were close a few times, but we had some flashbacks too many times with miscommunications or just confusion on our part back there leaving someone wide freaking open. Made it pretty easy to get rid of the ball yesterday for Carr. he didn't have to thread too many needles and we didn't give him reason to hold the ball at all.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers offense picks up where it left off we should be competitive. To win the D needs to tighten up, particularly in the ILB-safety area. Waller chewed up middle of the Packer D. If they play like that again Kelce will chew them up, spit them out and clean his cleats on them.

I do not want to see another of those nightmare games where the Packers D makes a backup QB look like an all-pro.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Pack open as 2 1/2 point favorites on the road? At Arrowhead? Yeah... I don't know...

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tough team, tough place to play, better coached, more talent. this game is a massive challenge. the Packers are lucky not having to face mahomes but if they can keep kc's O off the field, by keeping theirs on the field (ball control, moving chains), they can beat this team. #keepthesmallballcoming

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we'd played more press/man coverage, and made carr hold the ball longer, maybe our rush could have gotten to carr. all that soft zone also took away chances to get turnovers. when they did go man they got an int in the endzone by king.

Reaction score
However the game turns out, I just hope, win or lose, we stay in the game and not get blown away.
I'm really concern about this one but I hope we come out a winner.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one could come down to turnovers, and whomever has the ball last. Even with a backup QB, the Chiefs are formidable at home. It's going to take a great effort.

Go Pack Go.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Maybe because Mahomes it out. Lol. We sure got them at the right time.

I'm sure thats it but Moore didn't do so bad and our D is shall we say "elastic". Doesn't take much for a high powered offense to find it's groove against a defense that gives up big plays at the worst possible time.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game could come down to our O-line play. Their pass rush against Denver last week was so ferocious I was in fear of Flacco’s survival. I’m sure our line is better than Denver’s and Rodgers is definitely more mobile than Flacco but this will be a good test for a unit that has played very well so far this year.

H

HardRightEdge

Even though i don't really think Matt Moore is better than Derek Carr....
There's no "think" about it. Matt Moore is not in the same class. A few Packer blown coverages aside, you had to appreciate Carr's reads and his accuracy on throws up 20 yards. Very Alex Smith-like.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if we'd played more press/man coverage, and made carr hold the ball longer, maybe our rush could have gotten to carr. all that soft zone also took away chances to get turnovers. when they did go man they got an int in the endzone by king.

The Zone scheme really made no sense to me. Pettine was heavily outcoached and the defense couldnt adapt and recover. Andy Reid is one hell of a offensive mind so Pettine better step up his game this week. Man coverage seems to be the big weakness of the Chiefs O( Colts and Lions did that more or less successfully ) and I hope Pettine noticed this. Also the focus gonna be on the run game. The Chiefs cant defend the run. packers need to run it down their throat to keep the offense off the field. This game more than ever, even without Mahomes.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably because Mahomes isn't playing. But no matter, Arrowhead is a hard place to play. I can't remember the last time we won there...
Our record has to be abysmal at Arrowhead. I would think it’s been the worst place for us in the entire NFL.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts