Week 7 vs WFT Best and Worst PFF Grades

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As always here's the rundown of the PFF gradings of our best and worst held to their grading scales - which some of you struggle with accepting is merely one metric of grading out players LOL

Best Offense
1. QB Aaron Rodgers, 86.9
2. TE Marcedes Lewis, 85.8
3. WR Davante Adams, 76.1
4. LT Elgton Jenkins, 75.4
5. TE Robert Tonyan, 71.0

Worst Offense
1. WR Equanimeous St. Brown 51.0
2. C Lucas Patrick, 50.4
3. TE Josiah Deguara, 46.3
4. RG Royce Newman, 35.1
5. RB A.J. Dillon, 26.9

Best Defense
1. CB Rasul Douglas, 88.3
2. LB De’Vondre Campbell, 88.2
3. OLB Rashan Gary, 82.0
4. S Adrian Amos, 80.7
5. CB Eric Stokes, 75.9

Worst Defense
1. LB Jaylon Smith, 48.0
2. CB Shemar Jean-Charles, 46.0
3. DL Tyler Lancaster, 45.9
4. LB Oren Burks, 39.1
5. S Henry Black, 25.2

As always my thoughts in first comment...to see Packers Wire take read here as they always provide a week best and worst usually: https://packerswire.usatoday.com/li...best-worst-players-from-week-7-vs-washington/

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First observations:

When two of your "worst offense" have grades of over 50.0 that is a fairly solid day honestly. Bad thing is two of your bottom five were OL and a RB - which almost always will result in a terribly run day - which it did.

Rasul Douglas as I said last week was hit hard for a few mental lapses...this week even with the terrible PI call graded high for two weeks in a row being thrust into the #2CB role. Can he keep this up or will he settle down to a more realistic performance level? Here's to hoping this is the new normal for Rasul!!!

Stokes continues to just be so much more than a rookie in his role should be. That TD he gave up he got played by a better WR and turned around - he still made the catch not the easiest which appears to be a trend of his. Catches he gives are never easy it seems.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is Deguara even on the team? I'm sure he is a lovely individual, but he is an utterly useless football player who does zero things well.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is Deguara even on the team? I'm sure he is a lovely individual, but he is an utterly useless football player who does zero things well.

So Josiah's grading will almost always solely be driven by his blocking - if he whiffs or is beat bad one time his grade will suffer dramatically due to his limited number of snaps and roll. Such players will always struggle with PFF grading given how it is. Don't get me wrong Josiah hasn't looked like I expected, but his grading gets hit harder or better quicker.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Further example...let's look at the snap counts for those listed:

Best Offense
1. QB Aaron Rodgers - 56 snaps
2. TE Marcedes Lewis - 21 snaps
3. WR Davante Adams - 48 snaps
4. LT Elgton Jenkins - 56 snaps
5. TE Robert Tonyan - 38 snaps

Worst Offense
1. WR Equanimeous St. Brown - 12 snaps
2. C Lucas Patrick - 56 snaps
3. TE Josiah Deguara - 11 snaps
4. RG Royce Newman - 56 snaps
5. RB A.J. Dillon - 13 snaps

Best Defense
1. CB Rasul Douglas - 58 snaps
2. LB De’Vondre Campbell - 72 snaps
3. OLB Rashan Gary - 51 snaps
4. S Adrian Amos - 72 snaps
5. CB Eric Stokes - 72 snaps

Worst Defense
1. LB Jaylon Smith - 10 snaps
2. CB Shemar Jean-Charles - 12 snaps
3. DL Tyler Lancaster - 18 snaps
4. LB Oren Burks - 9 snaps
5. S Henry Black - 17 snaps

If you pay attention over the course of a year you'll see the majority of the worst guys will be low snap counters or guys that just had an autrocious day in one aspect or another.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Best Offense

Worst Offense

Best Defense

Worst Defense

If you pay attention over the course of a year you'll see the majority of the worst guys will be low snap counters or guys that just had an autrocious day in one aspect or another.
I understand the point you are making…. but on the other hand… I would certainly hope that guys that grade the lowest would also have the lowest number of snaps…. my point ? there is more than one explanation for that stat.

D

Deleted member 6794

So Josiah's grading will almost always solely be driven by his blocking - if he whiffs or is beat bad one time his grade will suffer dramatically due to his limited number of snaps and roll. Such players will always struggle with PFF grading given how it is. Don't get me wrong Josiah hasn't looked like I expected, but his grading gets hit harder or better quicker.

Best Offense

Worst Offense

Best Defense

Worst Defense

Well, Deguara and other players struggling in limited action is the main reason they don't receive additional snaps though.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Deguara and other players struggling in limited action is the main reason they don't receive additional snaps though.

I don't believe that is fully the case with Josiah, we have too many weapons outside of him and he is used in very specific ways. I don't think he ever sees more than a dozen snaps (maybe 15) in a game unless an injury happens. We'd rather have Dillon and Jones on the field at the same time or both Tonyan and Lewis before him. How I see it at least, could be entirely wrong.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the point you are making…. but on the other hand… I would certainly hope that guys that grade the lowest would also have the lowest number of snaps…. my point ? there is more than one explanation for that stat.

Yup, as for any stat really

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Worst Offense
2. C Lucas Patrick, 50.4
4. RG Royce Newman, 35.1
These two worry me the most. We need to get our oline back. I get that they are backups for a reason, but they played a lot of snaps and could not open a hole for any RBs. Newman also gave up a horrible sack where he didn't even touch anyone. They just need to be better. We need all the offense we can get this week.

Krabs

Reaction score
These two worry me the most. We need to get our oline back. I get that they are backups for a reason, but they played a lot of snaps and could not open a hole for any RBs. Newman also gave up a horrible sack where he didn't even touch anyone. They just need to be better. We need all the offense we can get this week.
Actually, Newman isn't a backup. He just needs to get better or be replaced.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't believe that is fully the case with Josiah, we have too many weapons outside of him and he is used in very specific ways. I don't think he ever sees more than a dozen snaps (maybe 15) in a game unless an injury happens. We'd rather have Dillon and Jones on the field at the same time or both Tonyan and Lewis before him. How I see it at least, could be entirely wrong.

My point being that if Deguara or any other player receiving a limited amount of snaps would perform at a better level the coaching staff would find ways to get them on the field more often.

While Newman has struggled over the past two games the offensive line as a whole has been exceeding my expectations considering Bakhtiari hasn't been able to play so far this season and Jenkins and Myers missing games as well.

Krabs

Reaction score
While Newman has struggled over the past two games the offensive line as a whole has been exceeding my expectations considering Bakhtiari hasn't been able to play so far this season and Jenkins and Myers missing games as well.
Exceeding expectations or not, we need to run the ball in this one to keep it close. The o-line needs to play better. Bakh coming back would be huge. Sadly, I don't see it happening this week.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Newman habitually grades out poorly and gets stoned as a run blocker too often. The o line will improve when Bahktiari gets back to LT, Jenkins goes to LG and Runyan can send Newman to the bench. Newmam hasn't been attrocious but he's still a liability.

D

Deleted member 6794

Exceeding expectations or not, we need to run the ball in this one to keep it close. The o-line needs to play better. Bakh coming back would be huge. Sadly, I don't see it happening this week.

I would be surprised if Bakhtiari ends up playing as well but at least he travelled with the team to Arizona.

Reaction score
I would be surprised if Bakhtiari ends up playing as well but at least he travelled with the team to Arizona.
Do you think he’ll be back for KC?
Thoughts?

I’m thinking we will have Davante and Lazard back by @ KC.

Then both J’aire and Z back in the mix after the bye week at the latest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Do you think he’ll be back for KC?
Thoughts?

I’m thinking we will have Davante and Lazard back by @ KC.

Then both J’aire and Z back in the mix after the bye week at the latest.

I believe there's a decent chance Bakhtiari returns for the Chiefs game next week.

I'm not that optimistic about Alexander and Z returning after the bye week though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts