Week 7: Oakland at Green Bay

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
This will be a game that the Packers should take control of, but I would caution everyone just a little bit. The Raiders will be coming off of a bye (just like the Lions did last night), so Chuckie will have had plenty of time to prepare for the Packers.

They got handled pretty good in their two losses, losing to KC and Minny by a combined score of 62-24, but they have beat two solid football teams in a row in Indy and Chicago.

It would be very nice to get this game, and go into Kansas City with a 6-1 record. They're having some issues right now with their offensive line, and with Mahomes' ankle, along with their defense being putrid.

The Packers have a really great opportunity in front of them. But it starts with taking care of da Raiduuhhhs.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like the Raiders have been getting off to hot starts on both sides of the ball and just holding on. Colts were ready to have the game tied up and Brisett threw a pick 6 and the Bears just ran out of time.

The extra week of rest, plus a day since the Pack played last night isn't in their favor. But if the defense can do what it did last night, hold them to FGs if they are going to score, they'll keep the offense in the game. Much like last night really, but I think the Lions defense is a little more stout than Oakland. But we'll see, I don't foresee it being an easy game as the offensive side of the ball needs work. But the defense is gaining my trust.

I think AR will make enough happen to secure the victory. Be a big win to get to 6-1 as they approach their away games.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Home games are front loaded for the Packers this year. The second half of the season is going to be a lot of road games. Need to beat a mediocre team like Oakland when they come to Lambeau. Piling up home wins now makes the second half a little more forgiving.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy W. The Lions are tough but I think the Raiders are a bad football team. They got crushed by KC and Minnesota. They beat a bad Denver team and Indy. We should just start preparing for KC lol.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop josh jacobs and make carr beat us. Pleaseeeeeeee give Kevin King saftey help, the league knows he cant cover 1 on 1 to save his life. His foot work is TERRIBLE.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 38 raiders 17

Rodgers getting better, offense starting to gel. Offense has a big day.

Packer RB a two headed monster.

MLF adjusting and seems to be getting more comfortable and the teams confidence increasing.

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 38 raiders 17

Rodgers getting better, offense starting to gel. Offense has a big day.

Packer RB a two headed monster.

MLF adjusting and seems to be getting more comfortable and the teams confidence increasing.

I hope so, throw some glue on the wrs hands.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not that the Packers have the luxury of calling a game a trap game but if there's one this year this might be it. washington maybe. i hope it's another hard fought win. it'll keep them on their toes. no relaxing.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy W. The Lions are tough but I think the Raiders are a bad football team. They got crushed by KC and Minnesota. They beat a bad Denver team and Indy. We should just start preparing for KC lol.

Not sure how any of those win/loss examples are indicative of a "bad" football team.

This Raiders team is better then your giving them credit for AND they are comming off a bye while the Packers are comming off a short week

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think if our receivers tune up a bit better we should have this one. They didn`t impress me in London, even against the Bears.

hasamikun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key again will be to stop the running game. Jacobs is legit. Good thing that the Packers defense was able to completely deny the run game against the Lions and made Zeke invisible.
the passing game isnt really that good. They have no real weapon except the TE Waller. The only guys with more than 1 receiving TD is Tyrell Williams and Alexander had tougher opponents to cover. This wont give me nightmares.
They have a good special teams unit. Davis somehow is a stud there and they have good blocking concepts on the returns. This will result in some good field positions for them because our STs still suck. The defense is okay, but nothing great. The team is mediocre in everything so they are doable. Altough they always start extremely good on both sides. Packers need to survive the first quarter withput much damage and they will be good to go.

This gonna be a win: 32-20 for the Packers.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders are 3-2 and have won two in a row, including a victory over the Bears. They're getting better at professional football.

Still, unless the Packers take them too lightly, this should be another W for the Green & Gold. Continue to be patient on offense, hang on to the football, and don't let Jacobs take over the game.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hate to say it but no such thing as easy Ws in this current day of football. Well .... Maybe against Miami, but no the Raiders are not the Dolphins.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I would not overlook the Raiders at all. Josh Jacobs could be a problem for us, and they run the play action well to the middle of the field, which is where we struggle to cover. They also have Trevor Davis, who was in this offense for more than half of the season. Not saying the packers will not win, but saying that I think it is going to be more competitive than we are expecting.

H

HardRightEdge

Stop josh jacobs and make carr beat us. Pleaseeeeeeee give Kevin King saftey help, the league knows he cant cover 1 on 1 to save his life. His foot work is TERRIBLE.
Yeah, just when we thought King was getting the hang of it he gets beat, again, on double moves.

I would say, however, watching him stumble and bumble on the the one and Alexander blowing by him on the other, would indicate that hamstring or some other malady is cutting into his twitch and recovery speed.

The question is whether the Packers have somebody better in this apparently impaired state. They don't seem to think so.

As for safety help, having Redmond play high safety is a downgrade from Savage. If Savage was in the game the safety help might have been there.

GRNMCHN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched that whole Raiders vs Bears game and the Raiders should have won that by 3 tds.
Don't overlook this game.
Raiders dominated the lines and a few little mistakes made it a close game.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope we don't get caught looking ahead to the Chiefs. Should be a W but they def deserve our respect.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Hope we don't get caught looking ahead to the Chiefs. Should be a W but they def deserve our respect.
LaFleur won't let it happen. Constantly preaches going 1-0 every week. Me though? I'm very much looking forward to Kansas City. That's gonna be a fun one. :sneaky:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Jacobs / Alec Ingold

Jacobs gashed Bears D and both his TD runs came with Ingold's blocking. They are making this a pattern with Jacobs running into space Ingold opens with a block. Blake/Burks should be watching out for this specifically.

Foster Moreau

He's been a potent 3rd key down weapon for Carr and key part of moving the chains. He should be shut down.

D

Deleted member 6794

They have a good special teams unit. Davis somehow is a stud there and they have good blocking concepts on the returns. This will result in some good field positions for them because our STs still suck.

Football Outsiders has the Packers special teams ranked above the Raiders.

Reaction score
I hope so, throw some glue on the wrs hands.

Amen to that.

Remember Rogers early days when he had favorite receivers and was always thrown to the same ones.
Remember how upset he got when a receiver drop one of his throws.
Some how he knows his glory days are coming to the end if they don't get SOMEBODY to catch
the fu@k'in ball.

What the hell happen???

Members online

Latest posts