Week 7: LeRoy Butler analyzes Packers-Broncos game

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q. As a former safety, what do you think got into Atari Bigby Monday that he committed four penalties, including a personal foul for a late hit and a delay of game for kicking the ball? Should he have been reprimanded?

A. Seeing it was his first Monday night game on a huge stage, I'll give him a pass on some of it. Now kicking the ball is inexcusable and shows lack of discipline. But the way he played and the energy he gives, I think it can be corrected. I don't think you'll see it again. He's a good player right now and sometimes it happens. It's part of the game. I'd like to see him cover better on tight ends, if you're going to go up and play bump and run on the tight end, I don't expect the tight end to get behind you. I think we can show a lot of patience and understanding. These are isolated incidents and won't happen again. I think the Monday night thing got into him because I remember my first Monday night game, I was a little anxious and running around doing a little extra just to show that this night was too big for me. I think that's his way of relaxing because he didn't seem to be bothered when the head coach took him out and said some things to him.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Q. As a former safety, what do you think got into Atari Bigby Monday that he committed four penalties, including a personal foul for a late hit and a delay of game for kicking the ball? Should he have been reprimanded?

A. Seeing it was his first Monday night game on a huge stage, I'll give him a pass on some of it. Now kicking the ball is inexcusable and shows lack of discipline. But the way he played and the energy he gives, I think it can be corrected. I don't think you'll see it again. He's a good player right now and sometimes it happens. It's part of the game. I'd like to see him cover better on tight ends, if you're going to go up and play bump and run on the tight end, I don't expect the tight end to get behind you. I think we can show a lot of patience and understanding. These are isolated incidents and won't happen again. I think the Monday night thing got into him because I remember my first Monday night game, I was a little anxious and running around doing a little extra just to show that this night was too big for me. I think that's his way of relaxing because he didn't seem to be bothered when the head coach took him out and said some things to him.

Interesting psychological read by Butler. I was thinking the same thing. I've been in that mood where I was trying to be so relaxed that I was unaware of what was going on, including getting yelled at. I noticed Bigby seemed out of it mentally that night.

Members online

Latest posts