Week 6 - Packers at Bears (Pre Game and After Game thread)

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Forgive me for those that do not like stats. I don't live by them, but I do feel they tell a story.

The Bears defense is ranked 7th in the league. They're giving up 20 points per game. I think they can be scored on. The Packers are giving up 24 points per game. We definitely can be scored on. In comparison, the Packers have moved to the 3rd ranked offense in the league and score 24 points per game. The Bears offense ranks 28th in the league offensively and are scoring 17 points per game. Not to mention their #1 back in Montgomery is out. Not sure which QB is going, but neither really scare me. I think the Packers have more dynamic players on offense by far and to put it elementary, can just score more points.

Packers 27 - Bears 17

Reaction score
Come on PikeBadger. The ladies are only in heat until mid-July in Wisconsin, late June in my neck of the woods further north!
That fits Bears football.. they normally get caught snoozing in December. :cool:

The Bears have won 2 in a row to get back in the Division race. They are coming in thinking intently of taking the lead. While I don’t think they pose long term problems (big picture). I want to go into this game like a playoff game.

We have a stretch of games approaching that could ding us for a couple losses. It would be huge to go into them at 6-1 and at least 2.5 games (head-to-head tiebreaker against Chicago) ahead in our Division by getting a road win @Chicago and What The Football team at home. Arizona plays this week on the Road @Cleveland and could easily lose that one. Also Chicago goes to Tampa on Oct 24th and plays the 49ers on Oct 31, that could be a near death blow to the Bears if they lose 2-3 out of these next 3.

I can see us going 3-2 in this middle area (@Cardinals, @KC, Seahawks, @Vikings, Rams). 9-3 would be a reasonable projection before our bye if we beat @Chicago.

I also don’t think the Vikings can catch us if we win Sunday (particular if they lose and we win). A win @Chicago puts huge pressure on Chicago to stay relevant.

I also like we play 3 of the last 5 at Lambeau (Bears, Browns, Vikings). Our toughest game on the home stretch is @Baltimore.

All games are important, but a victory here against a Division runner up is especially huge in the long term strategy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Forgive me for those that do not like stats. I don't live by them, but I do feel they tell a story.

The Bears defense is ranked 7th in the league. They're giving up 20 points per game. I think they can be scored on. The Packers are giving up 24 points per game. We definitely can be scored on. In comparison, the Packers have moved to the 3rd ranked offense in the league and score 24 points per game. The Bears offense ranks 28th in the league offensively and are scoring 17 points per game. Not to mention their #1 back in Montgomery is out. Not sure which QB is going, but neither really scare me. I think the Packers have more dynamic players on offense by far and to put it elementary, can just score more points.

Packers 27 - Bears 17
I agree. One of the few categories that present problems is Chicago’s solid Run game. Losing Montgomery to IR is a significant loss. Fields is just ok but not spectacular.

On the other hand and Speaking of statistics. The Chicago Defense has a very stingy Defense. Chicago ranks #1 in sacks and we are going to need to get the ball out quickly and efficiently.

Id like to see us counter by giving them a significant dose of AJ & AJ and bit more 12 Personnel. Expect their D to be overzealous to rattle Rodgers early and us to have a counter strategy. Other than our hitting Adams regular. I expect Cobb and the RB+TE group to be more involved in our passing game. I’d like to see Dillon get another 4-5 passes at the second level.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good schedule breakdown OldSchool101. It will be fun to see how we do at Arizona, at Kansas City, at Baltimore, and then the two home games against the Rams and Browns. Those are all playoff caliber teams this season. They should be tougher opponents than Cincinnati, which just means that we need to get healthy and figure out how to play better in all three phases. 4-1 feels good, but the Lions/49ers/Steelers are not good teams and we squeaked by Cincinnati. Lots of room for improvement.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Packers 27 - Bears 17
Now Bears are touting their last two wins. OK. Detroit and Oakland?? Well. It is not the Rams or the Bucs. They think their pass rush will give us trouble and that Pettine will certainly advise them. But our line stood up very well to the Niners. Bosa and co. are outstanding. And Akheem may still be out for them. Barry will be looking to stop the run and Fields. Burrows is a better passer. They will not beat us long.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Now Bears are touting their last two wins. OK. Detroit and Oakland?? Well. It is not the Rams or the Bucs. They think their pass rush will give us trouble and that Pettine will certainly advise them. But our line stood up very well to the Niners. Bosa and co. are outstanding. And Akheem may still be out for them. Barry will be looking to stop the run and Fields. Burrows is a better passer. They will not beat us long.
I'm hoping that Jenkins will be back too. He almost played this week and with another week of rest I would hope he is ready. That might free up Tonyan and Jones to not have to stay in and help block.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping that Jenkins will be back too. He almost played this week and with another week of rest I would hope he is ready. That might free up Tonyan and Jones to not have to stay in and help block.
Bears will probably play Cover 2 and rush 4 like the old days. We will have a plan for Mack and Quinn. Rodgers loves it when they focus on stopping the run.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bears 16 packers 10

Our D will give up 6 in the 4th.
I know they have a good defense. But I think our D can keep theirs on the field longer. Now I will admit that they have an excellent place kicker. 34 in a row.

Reaction score
That just means he's due to miss 3 in a row.
Amen! That’s exactly what they said about Mason just before he started shanking Kicks left n right last week.
I knew that was the Kiss of death when they said it just before his first FG.

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a one of my all-time classic rival's. Packers - Bears. We should win this game with no missed FG, or extra points. Last week's game was really a Bungle in the Jungle. But now its off to Chicago.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Bears have played 2 games against upper echelon competition and seemingly got boat raced both times (Rams, Browns). Beat the Lions. Beat the Bengals at home. And beat a Raiders team who I think rolled over a bit on Gruden.

They aren't to be taken lightly, but the Packers should win this game. I think if we get to 20-23 points, it would be difficult to lose.

Really need to beat the Bears, and then beat WFT at home next week to get to 6-1. Then it's at Cardinals, at Chiefs, Seahawks at home, at Vikings, Rams at home. The Cardinals are looking really good. I sort of took them lightly a couple weeks ago. The Chiefs at Arrowhead will be difficult regardless of the Chiefs issues defensively, Seahawks at home shouldn't be overly difficult especially if Russ isn't ready to come back, at Vikings is never a picnic, and Rams at home should prove to be a great challenge.

Lets try to stock pile a couple of wins the next 2 weeks, because the Packers could easily come out of that next 5 game stretch with a couple of losses. And we still have the Ravens and Browns toward the end.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears have played 2 games against upper echelon competition and seemingly got boat raced both times (Rams, Browns). Beat the Lions. Beat the Bengals at home. And beat a Raiders team who I think rolled over a bit on Gruden.

They aren't to be taken lightly, but the Packers should win this game. I think if we get to 20-23 points, it would be difficult to lose.

Really need to beat the Bears, and then beat WFT at home next week to get to 6-1. Then it's at Cardinals, at Chiefs, Seahawks at home, at Vikings, Rams at home. The Cardinals are looking really good. I sort of took them lightly a couple weeks ago. The Chiefs at Arrowhead will be difficult regardless of the Chiefs issues defensively, Seahawks at home shouldn't be overly difficult especially if Russ isn't ready to come back, at Vikings is never a picnic, and Rams at home should prove to be a great challenge.

Lets try to stock pile a couple of wins the next 2 weeks, because the Packers could easily come out of that next 5 game stretch with a couple of losses. And we still have the Ravens and Browns toward the end.
This is so true. At least no Bucs in the regular season.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know they have a good defense. But I think our D can keep theirs on the field longer. Now I will admit that they have an excellent place kicker. 34 in a row.
I might roll the dice again prior to Sunday. We will see....

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why such a low total? I Think that would be highly irregular to have the over under end at 26. I guess anything can happen though

Come to think of it if D doesn't show up it could be an ugly one for us. Hopefully O finds this D's weakness and get it done!

Staff online

Latest posts