Week 5: Giants at Packers.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im almost afraid to watch this game. Has the makings of a total nightmare on defense with the currwnt state of the secondary. Front 7 better be on fire.

Reaction score
Packers always struggle against the Giants. I think Giants take this one.
I think both teams have regressed to a degree from recent years so while I understand your concern because of past performance I don't think the Giants have as much momentum and I fully expect AR to exploit them.
Although we are still missing Shields, We have at least 3 more probable starters on D that weren't in last week. We also have Janis back 100% on ST. Eli is gonna have to have a career day to outscore us. I don't see it

Last edited:

Speedy14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, I'm excited to see any new philosophy chances in the secondary as what was a strength last year, is taking time to gel coming off the bye.

If the secondary can get, the front 7 has been amazing, and run defense this year has absolutely knocked me off my feet.

Taking away the run game is not as big an issue as the past 3 teams, but if they can resolve the secondary issues, the offense should have a pretty short field if the defense can get it done. If we can get ahead, I look at more and more young players keep getting more time.

No worries, be Happy☺

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see Mike Daniels antagonize the hell out of OBJ. Make that baby cry!

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the defense gets torched again, l want Capers fired. I want a bold move. Ravens firing Cameron changed things for them in 2012. Something along those lines.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a thought, in situations where the Pack play Zone coverage against the Giants. How about matching up our most physical corner in Gunter against OBJ? Again only when in Zone coverage with help from Safety. It seems that's what frustrates him most. Physical press corners jamming him with Saftey help from the top. It's obvious Randall is struggling but if he does indeed play well especially vs OBJ the confidence boost would bounce him right back, Rollins aswell.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been enjoying the Green Bay hospitality for 2 days now. Tomorrow is game day boys. The G-Men didn't look impressive at all last week. OBJ is primed for a breakout day tomorrow, but if we prevent the big plays, we can win this game. Their defense isn't impressive at all and if our offense plays like we KNOW they can, we will win this game.

Let's get it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I want to see Mike Daniels antagonize the hell out of OBJ. Make that baby cry!

While Daniels is a great choice to antagonize OBJ him covering the Giants wide receiver most likely ends up being a terrible matchup for the Packers. ;)

If the defense gets torched again, l want Capers fired.

Capers' scheme hasn't been responsible for the secondary struggling mightily.

Just a thought, in situations where the Pack play Zone coverage against the Giants. How about matching up our most physical corner in Gunter against OBJ? Again only when in Zone coverage with help from Safety. It seems that's what frustrates him most. Physical press corners jamming him with Saftey help from the top.

I prefer the Packers to play man coverage against opppsing receivers. It's important to provide whoever ends up covering Beckham with safety help over the top though.

I could see DB coach i think its spelled Whitt getting a shot at DC in the future.

According to multiple reports Whitt is a great position coach but with the cornerbacks currently struggling it might be the wrong time to suggest him as Capers' successor.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see DB coach i think its spelled Whitt getting a shot at DC in the future.

The same secondary coach whos unit hs looked absolutely lost so far? Sorry, but I would not be on board promoting a guy that cant get his own unit playing well.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure if he's fired before the playoffs, we may not see another playoff meltdown. Maybe the new DC will be better.

Yeah, the new one will make sure to tell every defender to not blow their assignment before every play....

I will never understand criticizing Capers for clear player breakdowns like Randall's error vs. Arizona.

H

HardRightEdge

The Giants have their own secondary issues. 2 corners questionable (Rodgers-Cromartie, Apple) and 2 safeties out (Thompson, Berhe).

We will miss the chance to see Marshall Newhouse, the Giants starting RT, who's out. Imagine what the backup must be like if he's playing behind Newhouse. The OLBs should be feasting on that guy.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The Giants have their own secondary issues. 2 corners questionable (Rodgers-Cromartie, Apple) and 2 safeties out (Thompson, Berhe).

We will miss the chance to see Marshall Newhouse, the Giants starting RT, who's out. Imagine what the backup must be like if he's playing behind Newhouse. The OLBs should be feasting on that guy.
List of inactives for tonights game.

Nat Berhe FS Inactive
Larry Donnell TE Inactive
Rashad Jennings RB Inactive
Josh Johnson QB Inactive
Marshall Newhouse OT Inactive
Robert Thomas NT Inactive
Darian Thompson FS Inactive

Joe Callahan QB Inactive
Jared Cook TE Inactive
Kyle Murphy OT Inactive
Brian Price DT Inactive