Week 5: Giants at Packers.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While it's most likely true McAdoo still has a decent knowledge of the Packers offense I don't think the Giants defense has enough talent to contain Green Bay's
passing game.
I am hoping and expecting that you are correct, but I do think McAdoo's knowledge of AR and the Packers offense is an intangible that I am sure is in the back of AR's mind.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy rules out Sam Shields for Sunday's game against the Giants.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
McCarthy rules out Sam Shields for Sunday's game against the Giants.
Not surprising, but a bit alarming that this concussion has sidelined Sam for at least a month.

Not that it probably makes a big difference in the Giants preparations on offense, but I am always surprised when the Packers release injury status way before its required to be. I guess our fans are just being kept well informed :D

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only teams that typically stifle Rodgers are ones that have a strong Dline that can put pressure on with four while deploying an army of DBs to take away throwing options. I don't think that this Giants team has it like they did back in 2011. Therefore McAdoo's insights will be limited by his personnel's ability to execute.

Shields is no surprise. MM is generally a little more open with the media than TT. If old Ted was in charge of announcing player status and injuries, well, we'd still not even know that Sam suffered a concussion!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Certainly you are joking.

Yes, that was said tongue in cheek. :D I would prefer we and other teams didn't have that information if by withholding it, the Packers give themselves an edge. The information I wish the Packers were more forthcoming with are some of their personnel decisions, after the fact. But I will have to wait for TT's memoirs for that I think.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers win 33 - 13.

The Giants actually score 20, but have a TD subtracted due to too much whining by Odell Beckham.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need Lacy to have a big day especially 3rd down. If Burnett is back then he should have a big day close to the line. My bold prediction is that Rodgers throws for his 1st 300+ pass game with 2TDs to go with it!!!

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a little about this game. The Washington game they Giants could won easily except bone headed personal fouls. I agree Minn. are for real possibly the best they had since 1970s. Back to giants you need shut down the run game then bring pressure. I think we can win but it will close.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two units that need to perform well against the Giants are 1) the offensice line, which must deal with a very physical defensive front of New York, and 2) the secondary, which is tasked with slowing down one of the league's premiere trio of wideouts.

I am a bit more concerned about the latter than I am the former. That said, I like Green Bay in this one.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If the Giants are able to generate pressure with 4, we might be in some trouble.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am hoping and expecting that you are correct, but I do think McAdoo's knowledge of AR and the Packers offense is an intangible that I am sure is in the back of AR's mind.

These things are usually overrated. The Packers have plenty of knowledge about McAdoo, also.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a little about this game. The Washington game they Giants could won easily except bone headed personal fouls. I agree Minn. are for real possibly the best they had since 1970s. Back to giants you need shut down the run game then bring pressure. I think we can win but it will close.

The could have also easily lost the Dallas game or the New Orleans game. They played 3 average teams close and then got controlled by a good team. This is not a good Giants team. Now the Packers have played bad teams close this year so they could definitely lose but that would tell this inst a very good Packer team right now. The Giants dont get a pass rush and they dont have a good or healthy secondary. This is a defense the Packers should exploit

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers rule out Sam Shields and Jared Cook for Sunday's game vs. the Giants, Damarious Randall listed as questionable.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The GB secondary gives up another career day to a WR, but they come away with a close win of 24-21.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this talk about Beckham makes me think that he's going to have a big night. Eli's probably going to look for him a lot to try to make him happy. If the Packers are able to keep him in check, they should have a good chance at winning, but if Beckham goes off, it may be a repeat of past years.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the way our Dline is holding their own and Perry playing by far his best football as a pro there is a very good chance Eli gets hit often and make some bad plays. With Guion and Datone back this week to help Daniels its possible to get pressure with those 3 to pressure Eli. The way our OLBs are flying off the edge sacks are coming for sure. If Ryan and Martinez man the middle and our secondary makes some improvement we could hold them to 16-17 points!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts