Week 3 vs Bengals.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Greetings all. I'm a long time Packer fan...

Welcome!

I predicted this game to be a loss as well. 31-28 close game, for example. The Bengals see this match as a key hurdle to prove to themselves that they are "for real". So, expect them to be seriously amped and bring 110%.

And, I agree that 1-2 is no reason to panic.

Hope I am wrong and will be screaming at the TV all the same. Expect Finley to have a monster game. Go Pack!

Last edited:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It's going to be a long season with no recovery time. I think the league was pissed at us for making a stink and ending the replacement refs, so they punished us with an early bye.
No smilie face so I don't know if you're kidding. Since having a bye week began when was the last time the Packers had one the first bye week. I don't remember it happening before and if that's the case, it's the Packers' "turn".

Very good first post Shanghai Pack. The point about the Bengals having a very good interior pass rush is important. If Rodgers consistently has trouble stepping up into the pocket it will be a long day for him. IMO inside pressure presents more problems than outside pressure. Sitton who should be the Packers best OL is struggling with a bad back and he still isn't on "automatic" on the left side. A few days ago Wilde quoted him as saying:
“I definitely don’t feel 100 percent natural there yet,” Sitton said. “Throughout training camp I got to where I was feeling really good over there. Like I’ve said in the past, during practice you can think about your footwork and things like hand placement. You have time to think about it. Out on the field, everything is muscle memory, especially with as fast-paced as we play. That’s where natural reaction and some of the things aren’t 100 percent there yet. It’s close, and it’s starting to feel pretty good. I think it’s going to take some time. You do something for nine years on the other side, it takes a little while to get that muscle memory shifted over.”
http://espnmadison.com/common/page.php?feed=2&id=9771&is_corp=1
That's probably the case to one degree or another for Lang as well. This will probably be the toughest test of the season for the Packers interior OL.

In addition to playing good fundamental football, IMO the Packers will have to take advantage of the Bengals LBs with quick hitting plays and at the very least tie on the turnover battle.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...inally-win?campaign=Facebook_writers_harrison

I'm predicting the Cincinnati Bengals get it handed to them this week. While their 20-10 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers appeared to be a dominant victory, this Bengals team still hasn't put it all together.

The offense was solid against the Bears in Week 1, but the club played sloppily overall in the loss at Chicago. Against the Steelers, Cincy's pass rush had to apply pressure, because there were plenty of receivers running free. Aaron Rodgers will challenge the Bengals early and often.

Expect Packers coach Mike McCarthy to call an aggressive, up-tempo game.

On the other side, Andy Dalton must make more plays downfield; he continues to miss some vertical plays. Most of the Bengals' big plays -- like those by Jermaine Gresham and Giovani Bernard on Monday night -- are coming on short passes; the deep completion to tight end Tyler Eifert was the result of blown coverage.

An ability to throw accurately downfield is one thing we have yet to see from Dalton. #GBvsCIN

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Why cant we have one of these ? :cry:

Yeah, no kidding. My memory of all this may be inaccurate, but the last season that we had official cheerleaders and the Packy Packer mascot, was in 1986, I believe. That was the last season that I recall them being on the sideline. There were some complaints that he was drunk and feeling up their skirts and what not, lol.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now In Bangkok, I have traveled all over the country. I have not done a ***** yet. NO need to yet.
I was in both aforementioned places in the late 80's early 90's. The ocean is so amazing. Beaches and green bottle beer. Thailand is the shizznit!!!

D

Dan115

I was in both aforementioned places in the late 80's early 90's. The ocean is so amazing. Beaches and green bottle beer. Thailand is the shizznit!!!

Pattaya's beach is dirty. Phuket is now much better. I have been also to Korat, Chaig Mai, if you like beaches Jomtein and Cham Am much better than Pattaya.

12theTruth

Is the shoutbox gone? Can someone PM me a way to watch this game?

During Packer games the shoutbox converts to the chat room. it is a link at the top of the page. Some haven't been able to get the chat room to work however.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I am 60 years old now living in Thailand. Got a 27 year old pregnant and working on another one. Life is great.
As great as that sounds, I am not interested in returning to the life of midnight feedings, diapers, and baby food. At least not until I am the one wearing the diapers.... :D

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep,

I have a bad feeling that this is going to be a shellacking, could be 21-0 Cincy within the next 5 minuts. Now Rodgers just got Finley killed. Oh and our tackles are getting blown up.

12theTruth

This is going to be a blowout folks. Finley just suffered possible concussioin due to a forward shiver in a tough hit in the open. That will get a substantial fine. McCarthy is an idiot for deferring to open the game. Wow is all I can say to the sequence of events thus far.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah...this could be ugly. Defense needs a stop on this drive and if they do, I'll say 14 points ain't gonna win this game. So far, the run D looks like vomit.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be a blowout folks. Finley just suffered possible concussioin due to a forward shiver in a tough hit in the open. That will get a substantial fine. McCarthy is an idiot for deferring to open the game. Wow is all I can say to the sequence of events thus far.

On the road its generally a good idea, if your defense can stop them you can settle the crowd down a bit.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Yeah...this could be ugly. Defense needs a stop on this drive and if they do, I'll say 14 points ain't gonna win this game. So far, the run D looks like vomit.

14 points ain't gonna win this game

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well they didn't look too bad on that drive, 3 and out.

Members online

Latest posts