Week 3 Packer tidbits...

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From JSOnline....

Packers coach Mike Sherman had a few bits of news to report today in his weekly Wednesday news conference:

* Tight end Ben Steele, cut by the Packers at the end of training camp, will take Javon Walker's roster spot as a backup in case Bubba Franks doesn't recover from his knee injury in time for Sunday's game.

* Mark Roman will remain the starting free safety against the Buccaneers.

* It's undecided whether Joey Thomas or Ahmad Carroll will start at cornerback.

* Linebacker Na'il Diggs, out of the lineup due to injury in the first two games, will be ready to play Sunday, although it's undecided whether he'll start.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
* Tight end Ben Steele, cut by the Packers at the end of training camp, will take Javon Walker's roster spot as a backup in case Bubba Franks doesn't recover from his knee injury in time for Sunday's game.

Hey man don't be saying that. I'm still in dream land thinking walker is coming back!!

OP
OP
O

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
Hey man don't be saying that. I'm still in dream land thinking walker is coming back!!

I didn't say it, JSOnline did. :p

I expect more intensity from the D this week, Diggstown is finally back!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Packers.com -----

Packers Re-Sign TE Ben Steele, Place Walker On I.R.

posted 09/21/2005

The Green Bay Packers Wednesday re-signed tight end Ben Steele and placed wide receiver Javon Walker on injured reserve. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the moves.

Steele, 6-5, 260, was waived on Sept. 6 after re-signing as an exclusive rights free agent on April 4. He served as a backup tight end in 2004 after being promoted from the practice squad early in the season. In 15 games, he contributed four receptions for 42 yards and 17 special teams tackles.

Walker goes on injured reserve with a knee injury sustained in Green Bay's season-opening contest at Detroit (Sept. 11).

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:

both safeties have had their troulbes this year...but given Little's INT totals the last few years, lets give him a shot at pickin some passes off and getting our defense a few turnovers...

OP
OP
O

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
ORRELSE said:

both safeties have had their troulbes this year...but given Little's INT totals the last few years, lets give him a shot at pickin some passes off and getting our defense a few turnovers...

I totally agree with that. Roman has proved he's "just a guy" out there.
let Little show us somethign different. If that doesn't work and our losing slide continues, I'd honestly start playing Underwood.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not a good sign if they still haven't decided who is starting between Carroll and Thomas. To me we need a definate starter to emerge so he can get all the reps in practice to get ready. If they are splitting reps I think you end up having 2 guys who aren't ready.

Members online

Latest posts