Week 2 - Redskins

12theTruth

Mr. Invisible today - John Kuhn

Mr. All World - Aaron Rodgers

Thank you for not talking about me Award. Mason Crosby :)

The Packers need to improve at closing out opponents which was agreed with by coach McCarthy.

A pure mismatch throughout most position groups today. Redskins only hope at winning would have been a
stinker by Mr. Rodgers

Defense started out very good but then coasted when up 31-0. Secondary like others have stated should solidify with return of Burnett and Hayward. I feel as though even with them we will be exposed there against Great QB's, especially the mobile ones.

The offensive line exceeded expectations but I'd be really impressed with a similar performance against the Bengals next week. :)

Congrats to GoPGo for nailing the score. Too bad he wrong on most of the scoring summary. :p

Go Packers! Next week will be a bigger test and a similar performance would speak volumes.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hahaha......I don`t recall say THAT but thats cool. the zip was for myself :)

Kerrigan91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Merriweather got what he deserved.
Really? So if Matthews gets hurt should someone then say he gets what he deserves for taking a shot at Kaep? I'm fine with aggressive football, but it goes both ways. You guys have that gif and picture in signatures, but then get upset when someone makes a clean tackle and your player gets hurt, enough to be happy another player was hurt? A bit distasteful.

EDIT: and I'm a University at Buffalo Grad, so I love James Starks. I wouldn't say he should deserve a concussion because he lowered his helmet at Merriweather either. Must be I didn't get the memo about being a horrible fan and rooting for injury.

Will Kerrigan91 show up and give us some accolades?;)
It is as if you didn't read my posts when I said I expected the Packers to win. ;)
I know every other redskin fan in the world have been ****s to you, but I'm not here to be a ****. Green Bay won and deserved to based on the game.

I expected it to be a bit closer, but another really crappy half. This time I think it was less RG3 and more the lack of blocking and receivers dropping quite a few critical balls. Rodgers was damn good, as I expected unfortunately. Redskins secondary again proved they cannot tackle either.

If there is one thing on defense that did look good it was the pass rush early on. Kerrigan had two in one drive near the goal line (pretty sure I said he'd do well).

I'm not a "homer", but I do think the team will get better after a few more games. Just frustrating as its a tough schedule this year so they need to be in each game if they plan on getting back to the Playoffs. It took AP around 4 games to get back into rhythm last year after his ACL so RG3 may need more time to just trust himself. I think most of the time he had a chance to step into a throw he was a bit nervous to. Even with that I wouldn't say he is the reason they lost.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? So if Matthews gets hurt should someone then say he gets what he deserves for taking a shot at Kaep? I'm fine with aggressive football, but it goes both ways. You guys have that gif and picture in signatures, but then get upset when someone makes a clean tackle and your player gets hurt

Clean tackle?! It what universe? First of all, let's not pretend Merriweather doesn't have a long history of this crap, because he clearly does. Second, he lowered his head and launched right into Lacy's face with the top of his helmet. He tried it again on Starks and got exactly what he was asking for. Don't try this "clean tackle" BS. It's not gonna fly.

Expect $50,000 or more in fines for the dirtbag.

Kerrigan91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clean tackle?! It what universe? First of all, let's not pretend Merriweather doesn't have a long history of this crap, because he clearly does. Second, he lowered his head and launched right into Lacy's face with the top of his helmet. He tried it again on Starks and got exactly what he was asking for. Don't try this "clean tackle" BS. It's not gonna fly.

Expect $50,000 or more in fines for the dirtbag.
No flag, and it was in the middle of another player already tackling him. I don't think Merriweather really could aim his own helmet at Lacy's helmet in that instance if he wanted to (which is clear based on how many other tackles he whiffed on).

This is exactly what I'm saying though, and you're proving my point. People are applauding Matthews for a NON-CLEAN tackle, that was flagged, and out of bounds. Clay also made it a point before that game to talk about hitting Kaep. So its not like he's a pretty little angel. I'm not going to argue Merriweathers history. He has been at times a head-hunter, but I don't really think that was his intention. We will never really know. We DO however know that Clay Matthews JUMPED on a guy clearly out of bounds and was penalized, and he is treated as if it was a good play on here.

If I acted like that, I'd come back here if (and I'd prefer it NOT happen) Matthews gets hurt later this year and say "HAHA, GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO HIM!"

You just have some homer shades on right now, because if Merriweathers hit IN PLAY, without a flag was so horrible, yet Clay Matthews hit is something to be happy about you have some really odd justifications for your own teams actions vs another teams.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Kudos to Kerrigan91 for showing up here after the game.

However, I was happy to see Merriweather leave the game. Not saying that I wish injury on anyone, but he was dangerous out there. He drilled Lacy with the crown of his helmet knocking him out. I have no idea how the zebras missed this call. I was screaming at the TV in real time. No need for replay to see that the hit was illegal and dangerous. Then, when he tried to do it again on Starks, Starks lowered his head to meet him head to head. Live by the sword, die by the sword...

And, if you really want to compare Merriweather's repeated actions (and history of doing more of the same) to Matthew's one mistake that he has apologized for..... well, I think you are a fool.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You wanna take best on whether or not he gets fined? If he gets fined, then obviously he should have also been FLAGGED. Take your blinders off. The guy did it on purpose, twice, and the second time he paid for it. Even on Extreme Skins about a dozen Redskins fans were calling him out for it.

12theTruth

No flag, and it was in the middle of another player already tackling him. I don't think Merriweather really could aim his own helmet at Lacy's helmet in that instance if he wanted to (which is clear based on how many other tackles he whiffed on).

This is exactly what I'm saying though, and you're proving my point. People are applauding Matthews for a NON-CLEAN tackle, that was flagged, and out of bounds. Clay also made it a point before that game to talk about hitting Kaep. So its not like he's a pretty little angel. I'm not going to argue Merriweathers history. He has been at times a head-hunter, but I don't really think that was his intention. We will never really know. We DO however know that Clay Matthews JUMPED on a guy clearly out of bounds and was penalized, and he is treated as if it was a good play on here.

If I acted like that, I'd come back here if (and I'd prefer it NOT happen) Matthews gets hurt later this year and say "HAHA, GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO HIM!"

You just have some homer shades on right now, because if Merriweathers hit IN PLAY, without a flag was so horrible, yet Clay Matthews hit is something to be happy about you have some really odd justifications for your own teams actions vs another teams.

Some Packer fans are applauding the Matthews hit or at least saying it was 'worth' it. I'm not one of those. A big distinction though is that Clay Matthews didn't lead with his head and made contact with his open hand and followed through to the chest.

Merriweather lead with the helmet and that is a big NO-NO in the NFL today. I feel you just can't compare the two in terms of severity.

lol_wut

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So, Clay wraps him and makes a clean hit that drags the QB to the ground, Meriweather leads with his helmet, leading to a concussion for Lacy. You...don't see the difference? Not too bright it seems.

And Clay was going full speed and had already leapt while Kaepernick was still in bounds. Meriweather is just a head hunter who will get a very stiff fine.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Good of Kerrigan91 to show up but what he posted about Matthews and Merriweather is hogwash IMO. There was nothing wrong with Matthews saying if Kaep was active in the running game he’d be treated as a RB. In fact it's common sense and the NFL agreed. The hit he put on Kaep was stupid and deserving of the penalty and the fine he received. But that hit is easily distinguished from Merriweather’s two hits today. Matthews didn’t launch his helmet at Kaep’s and he didn’t go after his knees. While the hit was clearly late, Clay wrapped him up. Had Kaep been in bounds there would have been nothing dirty about the hit/tackle. Contrast that to what Merriweather did: He launched his body at Lacy and led with the crown of his helmet at Lacy’s head. It wasn’t his facemask that hit Lacy’s helmet, it was the top of his helmet and he was in “full launch”. We can’t know what he was thinking? BS. Unless you say we can’t know what a person is thinking who aims a gun at another and pulls the trigger.

His hit on Starks was also helmet to helmet but not as obvious.

It is a rare event for me to be happy about an injury to any player. The only exception I make is for dirty players like Merriweather. It is telling that Kerrigan91 writes, “I’m not going to argue Merriweathers history.” In contrast I’m happy to argue Matthews’. And that’s all you need to know, one player has a history of being dirty and the other doesn’t.

Sometimes karma 'drags its feet', but not today. He did get what’s been coming to him.

Last edited:

Kerrigan91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, Clay wraps him and makes a clean hit that drags the QB to the ground, Meriweather leads with his helmet, leading to a concussion for Lacy. You...don't see the difference? Not too bright it seems.

And Clay was going full speed and had already leapt while Kaepernick was still in bounds. Meriweather is just a head hunter who will get a very stiff fine.
No, not a clean hit.a hit 4+ yards out of bounds and followed through. He could've jumped and moved, instead he kept his arm up to wrap it around Kaep's neck. By the time he even left the ground half of Kaep's body was already out of bounds. I am not here to say Matthews is a dirty player (I don't think he is), he had a dirty play though. I think he realized it but I'm sure he's got some anger issues with SF and Kaep from last year.

I get that you guys are GB fans and don't think anything many of your players are doing is wrong, but if that was Rodgers and Alden Smith, you would be singing a completely different song.

Good of Kerrigan91 to show up but what he posted about Matthews and Merriweather is hogwash IMO. There was nothing wrong with Matthews saying if Kaep was active in the running game he’d be treated as a RB. In fact it's common sense and the NFL agreed. The hit he put on Kaep was stupid and deserving of the penalty and the fine he received. But that hit is easily distinguished from Merriweather’s two hits today. Matthews didn’t launch his helmet at Kaep’s and he didn’t go after his knees. While the hit was clearly late, Clay wrapped him up. Had Kaep been in bounds there would have been nothing dirty about the hit/tackle. Contrast that to what Merriweather did: He launched his body at Lacey and led with the crown of his helmet at Lacey’s head. It wasn’t his facemask that hit Lacey’s helmet, it was the top of his helmet and he was in “full launch”. We can’t know what he was thinking? BS. Unless you say we can’t know what a person is thinking who aims a gun at another and pulls the trigger.

His hit on Starks was also helmet to helmet but not as obvious.

It is a rare event for me to be happy about an injury to any player. The only exception I make is for dirty players like Merriweather. It is telling that Kerrigan91 writes, “I’m not going to argue Merriweathers history.” In contrast I’m happy to argue Matthews’. And that’s all you need to know, one player has a history of being dirty and the other doesn’t.

Sometimes karma 'drags its feet', but not today. He did get what’s been coming to him.
Starks actually lowered his helmet and pad level, otherwise Merriweather's hit there would've definitely been to the body.
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/51/files/2013/09/7666864.jpg

If the NFL really wants this stuff gone, than it needs to be both offensive and defensive (and I don't want that to really happen), but it only makes sense if this is their stance. The new rule for the offense is only on head-on collisions and this was at an angle, but it was just as much Starks as it was Merriweather. Starks lowered his pads, pulled the crown of his helmet down and leaned towards Merriweather. Even in teh photo you can see Starks head is down even farther than Merriweathers. Its going to hurt both players at some point, but just assuming its all a defenders fault is stupid in my opinion (of the NFL)

And of course i'll come back here to talk. I love football, I love the strategy and I know most teams wont win every game. Some wont win many at all but I'm not going to cower in a corner when my team isn't on the top.

Last edited:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

On Clay's hit, anywhere actually on the field and that hit is clean. The only way Meriweather's hit isn't dirty was if he had been in the box. Bakh showed up from the inside, making it clear this was not the case. Reports say the league has already stated the Lacy hit should have been flagged, but interestingly enough, not the Starks hit.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Starks actually lowered his helmet and pad level, otherwise Merriweather's hit there would've definitely been to the body... And of course i'll come back here to talk. I love football...

I won't argue that Starks lowered his helmet. But, Merriweather's LEADING helmet was incoming no matter what Starks did.

Look, Starks does not have the history that Merriweather does. It's pretty common knowledge who plays dirty here. Ask anyone or read any article on yesterday's game, and no one is likely to say that Starks played dirty. But, most everyone will agree that Merriweather did. I've read several articles already that predict a fine for Merriweather.

And before last week, Matthews was not on anyone's radar screen as being dirty. Right now, he has a red mark. He needs to play squeaky clean for a long while now, IMO. But, he certainly does not have a bad track record.

Please visit this forum. It's a good one that welcomes fans from other teams.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Merriweather deserves a 4 game suspension for the hit on Lacy alone. This would be his 3rd violation and the suspensions should increase each time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts