Week 2 Prediction...green Bay At Carolina

Who was MVP of Saints game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
34-17.

I underestimate nobody, but I see absolutely no way this Packers team will lose this game barring a complete Packers implosion. The defense will still get a little rusty, but they'll shake the rust off soon and give Cam Newton a truckload serving of humble pie, a sight I'll enjoy quite a lot.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are great, but for us, it seems too often we make them closer than they need to be.
Think about this:
We lost to Chad Henne last year.
We lost to Donovan McNabb last year.
We lost to the Lions backup QB last year.

We should win 56-7, but I suspect it will be much closer.
38-14 maybe.

Again, the W is what's key, but let's hope that the bad injury luck from last year reverses itself, and we keep everyone healthy.

BTW, I think we owe it to Cobb to spell his name right. He's a rookie, but it's still Randall, not Randell. :eek:)

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Saints Fan here,

I am all in favor of the 52-0 post and want the same thing done to Atlanta. We'll return the favor to Chicago.
Best post by a Saints fan.

I still think Dom Capers is going to do everything he can to not let the Panthers score. He was kind of upset about us letting the Saints gain so many yards, and I to win versus his old team. I also think Rodgers is happy the Panthers don't have Peppers, though Peppers is now in a Bears jersey which is worse.

Go Pack with a total of 47 to 3

Reaction score
I think Carolina's offense is underrated. Yes, they have a rookie in Newton at the helm but he's got some talented weapons to throw to. Shockey, Olsen and Steve Smith as well as those running backs. I have the utmost confidence in our offense so I don't worry about them. The defense, particularly the secondary, concerned me in Week 1. Hopefully it's a better effort against the Panthers.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Carolina's offense is underrated. Yes, they have a rookie in Newton at the helm but he's got some talented weapons to throw to. Shockey, Olsen and Steve Smith as well as those running backs. I have the utmost confidence in our offense so I don't worry about them. The defense, particularly the secondary, concerned me in Week 1. Hopefully it's a better effort against the Panthers.

I get where you're coming from but at the end of the day, like you said, it was week 1 and it was also against Brees. I think a lot of defenses would have been shakey. Our D is still top 3

Reaction score
It wasn't so much what Brees was doing (he is a top 5 QB) but it was the little things like missed tackles. Because AJ Hawk missed a tackle, Tramon Williams tried to reach his arm out to grab the player (I forget who it was), and we saw what happened there. I am sure Capers will have them ready to go in Week 2. Our D Line looked solid.

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
Before I make my prediction I want to see how the Panthers play this sunday. Realize that if they score 35 against the Cardinals it doesn't mean much. I know this is a frequently asked question but does anyone know the status of Tramon? Hopefully he will be ready for the game at Chicago. No reason to risk further injury against Carolina.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM said he suffered a shoulder bruise. Reevaluate him on Wed.

On a side note... Why is everything a "bruise" seems like every injury this pre season was a ___ "bruise"

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM said he suffered a shoulder bruise. Reevaluate him on Wed.

On a side note... Why is everything a "bruise" seems like every injury this pre season was a ___ "bruise"
Cuz we the fans and media have caught on to his usual "strain".... everything before was a strain on Sunday nights, but come Tue or Wed it was a season ending tear or break.

Now he's changed his MO to "bruise", apparently.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Let remember the Packers tend to play down or up to the level of their opponents several times last year. I have a bad feeling the packers are gonna take this one for granted.

28-17 Packers.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
The feeling can't be all that bad if you still have the Pack winning by 11, but I know what you mean.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
No reason to believe the Pack doesn't lay a ton on these guys so 38 Packers 17 Panthers.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Carolina game yesterday...Im changing my prediction.
Cam Newton impressed me with his pocket composure and his throws.
Playing the Bears week #3, if feel this game can be a trap game if were not on our A game.
Dom Capers..... please dont rush 3 lineman against this QB.

Green Bay 34
Carolina 27

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
We shouldn't underestimate the Panthers but there is no doubt that we will win this game.
Green Bay 38
Panthers 17

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't so much what Brees was doing (he is a top 5 QB) but it was the little things like missed tackles. Because AJ Hawk missed a tackle, Tramon Williams tried to reach his arm out to grab the player (I forget who it was), and we saw what happened there. I am sure Capers will have them ready to go in Week 2. Our D Line looked solid.
Those little things against Brees and the Saints will kill you.

Against the Panthers, if we make those same mistakes, but play the same way, they don't score more than 10 points. That obviously is dramatization but you get what I'm saying.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB 35
Panthers 31
You deserve a ton of credit, Panthers fan.
Your keeping it real and humble and not doing any false bravado and any trolling like other fans of opposing teams will do when they come here.
You know how the Packers are and are thinking with your head.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts