Week 2: Aaron's march through Atlanta

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, yet for some reason you want the Packers to rely on players that might develop into solid contributors at some point instead of adressing an obvious need with a veteran currently performing at a higher level.
We are talking about backups. If you sign a veteran backup at every position, you are taking up over a dozen roster spots and that is almost 1/2 of your developmental positions.

For this game, I think AR has a better game than Matty ice, Packers 27-17. Packer defense is for real.

D

Deleted member 6794

We are talking about backups. If you sign a veteran backup at every position, you are taking up over a dozen roster spots and that is almost 1/2 of your developmental positions.

I'm not advocating for the Packers to sign a veteran backup at every position but solely on the offensive line on which the team desperately lacks quality depth though.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Seahawks struggling at home against the 49'ers. 6-6 at halftime. Eddie Lacy a healthy scratch from game.

Sounds like the 49'ers have just as "good" of defense as the Packers. :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not advocating for the Packers to sign a veteran backup at every position but solely on the offensive line on which the team desperately lacks quality depth though.

Blasphemy! The current OL backups probably more than doubled their collective NFL snaps last week when Murphy played! We are set with the bottom 5! :coffee:

I am still shaking my head that people are interrupting signing a veteran offensive lineman as signing a top dollar player as well as having to do that for all 22 positions. This would be trying to fortify what appears to be a weak spot in the Packer roster.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am still shaking my head that people are interrupting signing a veteran offensive lineman as signing a top dollar player as well as having to do that for all 22 positions. This would be trying to fortify what appears to be a weak spot in the Packer roster.

You have to realize that there are several posters around here not being able to think in a reasonable way once they realize someone dared to criticize Thompson.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks struggling at home against the 49'ers. 6-6 at halftime. Eddie Lacy a healthy scratch from game.

Sounds like the 49'ers have just as "good" of defense as the Packers. :coffee:

tampa bay pounded the bears. hopefully atl struggles tonight as well!

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Rob Demovsky the early word is the Packers may be without both starting tackles tonight.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This week we were talking about BahkT, Bulaga and Spriggs all being injured and Pankey being called up. So, which one do we sign a vet for? Since we don't need vet backups at all of them, just tell me which one we'll need it for

D

Deleted member 6794

This week we were talking about BahkT, Bulaga and Spriggs all being injured and Pankey being called up. So, which one do we sign a vet for? Since we don't need vet backups at all of them, just tell me which one we'll need it for

It's really not that difficult to understand that a lot of posters around here would have preferred the Packers to sign a veteran tackle instead of promoting Pankey.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives for tonight's game at Atlanta:

RB Devante Mays
CB Lenzy Pipkins
LB Ahmad Brooks
T David Bakhtiari
T Bryan Bulaga
T Jason Spriggs
DT Montavius Adams

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:(:(:(
Packers inactives for tonight's game at Atlanta:

RB Devante Mays
CB Lenzy Pipkins
LB Ahmad Brooks
T David Bakhtiari
T Bryan Bulaga
T Jason Spriggs
DT Montavius Adams
I'm actually serious when I say .. looking at that list, I'd sit Rodgers down ... and start Hundley... better to accept one loss and keep Rodgers healthy.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
:(:(:(
I'm actually serious when I say .. looking at that list, I'd sit Rodgers down ... and start Hundley... better to accept one loss and keep Rodgers healthy.

Me thinks the Atlanta defense will be allowing plenty of opportunities for Rodgers to be in a sitting position, both on the field and on the sidelines.....but yeah, the play calling on offense better be smart. Looking for a lot of quick passes and a frustrated AR.

This could get ugly fast.

Who is Backing up Pankey? Janis? :coffee:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me thinks the Atlanta defense will be allowing plenty of opportunities for Rodgers to be in a sitting position, both on the field and on the sidelines.....but yeah, the play calling on offense better be smart. Looking for a lot of quick passes and a frustrated AR.

This could get ugly fast.

Who is Backing up Pankey? Janis? :coffee:
maybe we can start Daniels at Tackle lol.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There real defense on display right now.. I am not liking this looks like it's gonna be deja vu if Rodgers can't match Ryan

Chad Hart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Bears stifle the Falcons and the way the Packers defense befuddled Seattle, I have much more confidence in the Packers next game than I did a week ago.
I dont think so matt ryan is making our defense like pathetic. Damarius randle should not be guarding julio jones, he too small and too slow. Just not that good of a cornerback. I dont know why we got kevin king if were not gonna use him against the tall recievers like julio.. It doesnt help that mike daniels is hurt too.. With jordy, mike daniels, baktiari, and bulaga out were most likely gonna lose this game.. Gotta stay healthy to beat teams like the falcons

Chad Hart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There real defense on display right now.. I am not liking this looks like it's gonna be deja vu if Rodgers can't match Ryan
We have too many guys hurt to keep up with them 2 of our best offensive linemen and jordy nelson out mike daniels is out and we have a slow *** mediocre cornerback in damarius randle covering julio jones.. Julios taking this kid to school for the second year in a row. Were in trouble.

Chad Hart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm expecting a win :) I think the Falcons came out a little slow for 3 reasons against the Bears. The grass, they probably were looking ahead to this week, and new OC. I expect a much more spirited performance by their offense this week back on turf and opening a new stadium. I think our defense is much more up to the task now that everyone is healthy. it doesn't mean I think we're going to shut them out. But I am not going to be surprised when we win either.

Chad Hart

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn...kevin king cant gaurd him either.. This games over.. Matt ryan and julio jones are abusing our defense.. We look like a 28th ranked defense right now.

Members online

Latest posts