Week 17 vs. Lions

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watch the week 3 matchup vs the lions Kenny Clark was getting pushed 4-5yds off the ball way too often. Guion didn't play that game so Clark won't have to play so much. After watching Lowry had a good game also. He shed blocks to stop ball carrier at line twice. My prediction Guion and Lowry have big games for our Oline. Another player we really need is Gunter. He has played much better than our 1st or 2nd round pick CBs

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers win 24-14.

I highly doubt both teams will combine to score only 38 points.

I never heard of the practice squad; injured list. Can other teams sign players off this list ?

There's no reason for another team to sign an injured player.

I read he was put on IR.....I don't think there is a "PS injured list". He was seen using crutches at team facility but the specifics of his injury were not disclosed.

I haven't heard about it either but according to the Packers website it's a thing:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If Hyde is covering Eric Ebron then that all-too-familiar throw across the middle could be open just about every time Detroit needs a critical first down.

I fully expect Burnett to cover Ebron for most of the game.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who are the players to watch out for, Zenner and Tate?

Matthew Stafford.

He's finally having a year where he's healthy and he has good talent around him. He showed what he can do when given time in the first game against us this season. We know we can't count on our db's, so the D-line and linebackers need to put consistent pressure on Stafford.

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt both teams will combine to score only 38 points.

There's no reason for another team to sign an injured player.

I haven't heard about it either but according to the Packers website it's a thing:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I fully expect Burnett to cover Ebron for most of the game.

I could probably google this, but you generally know these things:
Is Pennel eligible to return if we make the playoffs?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if slay can play. He was limited in practice and hamstrings can easily flair back up. In sure he will do whatever possible to get back on the field.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if slay can play. He was limited in practice and hamstrings can easily flair back up. In sure he will do whatever possible to get back on the field.

If nothing else, it will be something the announcers will talk about after Adams and/or Jordy scorch him for a long TD or 2. :tup:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the team isn't as cocky as some of their fans and nearly all the media prognostications I've seen. I wouldn't deem the Lions winning this game as a surprise.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm hoping the team isn't as cocky as some of their fans and nearly all the media prognostications I've seen. I wouldn't deem the Lions winning this game as a surprise.

Agreed. Not sure why people are acting like the Packers are locks to win. The secondary is not good enough for us to chalk a road game against a quality team as a win. It will likely be a battle

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am typically all for playing the best team possible but I won't be mad in the slightest if Slay doesn't go Sunday night. He is THAT much of a difference maker. However, even if he does go, I don't see him being his normal self but who knows. The way we are playing right now I expect us to win regardless. Hopefully The G Men can take care of the Skins and we can all watch the game with a little less anxiety. It makes me physically ill to think of missing the playoffs after this amazing run they've been on. Here's to a Giants win and a dominant regular season finale by our boys propelling us towards a title run. This season smells a lot like 2010 and we all know how fragrant that year proved to be. G P G!

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Not sure why people are acting like the Packers are locks to win. The secondary is not good enough for us to chalk a road game against a quality team as a win. It will likely be a battle

Aaron Rodgers is the reason why people are acting like the Packers are locks to win.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is the reason why people are acting like the Packers are locks to win.

Well if you woke up this morning and read that Aaron Rodgers was hurt in a domestic shower incident and wouldn't be playing on Sunday, would you expect them to win? I think we all know, when you have #12 behind center, there is always a chance to win, even if your defense gives up 45 points.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if you woke up this morning and read that Aaron Rodgers was hurt in a domestic shower incident and wouldn't be playing on Sunday, would you expect them to win? I think we all know, when you have #12 behind center, there is always a chance to win, even if your defense gives up 45 points.

That's correct. You can't have any sunshine without the sun !

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG, living in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (which is about 70 % Packers fans).
I have friends and family that are Lions fans and this game is critical for my mental well being!
GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MontyPython

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OMG, living in Michigan's Upper Peninsula (which is about 70 % Packers fans).
I have friends and family that are Lions fans and this game is critical for my mental well being!
GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what the percentage of Packer fans there is in Minnesota ? I noticed in sports stores there was about 50/50 in Packer and Viking merchandise plus an all Packers store in the Mall Of America. Minnesota used to be Packer territory until the foundlings came.

Members online

Latest posts