Week 17 - players to rest on other teams

Reaction score
I pretty well figure Packers will sit rogers for most of the game but i was wondering do you think NE will sit Brady and if NO will sit Brees. I don't even know who the backup quarterbacks are on these 2 teams and i find Brady & Brees are all about the #'s. There coaches don't sit here quarterbacks when they get a big league like McCarthy does with Rogers. but i do get a bit pissed off when rogers is pulled and i think he would have beaten Brady's touchdown record if not pulled.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers needs to prepare for the playoffs. Brees has the running up the score at the end of the game to accumulate stats department under control.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Everybody is worried we will sit Rodgers against Detoilet. I'm thinking if Detoilet was smart they would be sitting THEIR starters. I mean come on, is there really much difference between being seeded fifth or sixth? Either way any playoff games will be away, and they have to play the same number of games. So maybe THEY will be resting their players. Same thing with Atlanta. Now the Saints and San Francisco have something left to fight for. I don't think either of them will be resting players unless they get a huge lead. Getting a bye can only help them rest up and get healthy.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nfl.com says Brady hasn't practiced sore shoulder,so maybe he won't play they also said he is close to breaking the record who kniows big ben said he will play for how long who knows,if they rest A_Rod it would be fine think Flynn will hold his own.

tstej

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering the Saints can still win the 2 seed and the Pats have yet to secure the top seed so I'd assume that both Brady and Brees will play all 4 quarters.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brees will be throwing bombs all over the field like grenades....then he will be sacked, injured, and out for the season.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Why do you guys always ***** and moan about Brees "running the score up"? Do you even watch the Saints? ONE GAME this entire year he was throwing at the end of the 4th quarter! And if you say it was the Colts game, you proved you didn't watch it, cause they had a back up in the entire 4th quarter and ran nothing but run plays. Boo ****ing hoo, if it was Rodgers about to break the record and he wanted, you would all be complaining if McCarthy was holding him back.

Why don't any teams from the past ever ***** about Buffalo or Dallas or Washington running the scores up to 40-50 points on them? Or what about that Super Bowl where the 49ers ran it up to 55 points against a Denver team that already gave up? You know the Niners LOVED to run that score up back then, and no one gave them a hard time about it, cause they were more ashamed their defense couldn't stop it. Who else still runs the score up besides the Saints in a few games? I know the Colts with Tony Dungy would keep scoring and scoring, and so does Billechek with NE. I don't get where it's such a big deal, I really don't. It's not like Joe Gibbs, Jimmy Johnson or those old timers didn't run it up either. If the defense can't stop you, they have no reason to complain.

jthom19802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody is worried we will sit Rodgers against Detoilet. I'm thinking if Detoilet was smart they would be sitting THEIR starters. I mean come on, is there really much difference between being seeded fifth or sixth? Either way any playoff games will be away, and they have to play the same number of games. So maybe THEY will be resting their players. Same thing with Atlanta. Now the Saints and San Francisco have something left to fight for. I don't think either of them will be resting players unless they get a huge lead. Getting a bye can only help them rest up and get healthy.

Big difference between a two hour flight to NY and a three hour time-zone shift on a trip to the West Coast. The #5 seed is much more important that you're giving it credit for depending on how things pan out.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Nfl.com says Brady hasn't practiced sore shoulder,so maybe he won't play they also said he is close to breaking the record who kniows big ben said he will play for how long who knows,if they rest A_Rod it would be fine think Flynn will hold his own.

Meh. Unless Brady physically is not out there in a game I never buy it lol. He gets banged up but he has been on the injury report since like 2002.

Pats have to win to secure #1. And they should by all means beat Buffalo at home. And by all means the Niners should beat the Rams. I mean all the Niners really have to do in this one is run the ball for the whole game LOL.

The interesting case this weekend is the Texans. They are locked into #3 but sound as if they are playing to win. In this situation it might be better though. It's a young team and Yates needs the practice. Andre will return for some snaps and the D needs to get back on track with Wade back. Not to mention if they let the Titans in they would be playing them a week later. Good God don't let the Titans in.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Why do you guys always ***** and moan about Brees "running the score up"? Do you even watch the Saints? ONE GAME this entire year he was throwing at the end of the 4th quarter! And if you say it was the Colts game, you proved you didn't watch it, cause they had a back up in the entire 4th quarter and ran nothing but run plays. Boo ******* hoo, if it was Rodgers about to break the record and he wanted, you would all be complaining if McCarthy was holding him back.

Why don't any teams from the past ever ***** about Buffalo or Dallas or Washington running the scores up to 40-50 points on them? Or what about that Super Bowl where the 49ers ran it up to 55 points against a Denver team that already gave up? You know the Niners LOVED to run that score up back then, and no one gave them a hard time about it, cause they were more ashamed their defense couldn't stop it. Who else still runs the score up besides the Saints in a few games? I know the Colts with Tony Dungy would keep scoring and scoring, and so does Billechek with NE. I don't get where it's such a big deal, I really don't. It's not like Joe Gibbs, Jimmy Johnson or those old timers didn't run it up either. If the defense can't stop you, they have no reason to complain.

I am not a big fan of running it up too much no matter the team and I often believe it can be bad karma. I just am not a fan of it. You are also a big fan of not risking injury Bogart, so playing it safe with a big lead is actually the smarter thing to do. If the Packers were tossing it around at the end of the 4th with a giant lead and Rodgers or any starter got hurt badly I am sure you would be furious.

Sorry to say it but yes I do think Payton/Brees are a bit of stat ******. Is there an issue with that? No not really. It's their choice. And records mean more to some then others. I am sure that if the Packers and Rodgers really had wanted to this year they could have done some serious damage in some 4th quarters. And they didn't. And I respect this.
One of the reasons I love the Packers is because I think they have a big element of class too. They win and often win big but I don't feel like they are doing it in a way that really would rub anyone the wrong way either.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Not likely. We are the only team that has everything clinched, but I don't think that means that we are going to rest our starters for the entire game. I think Rodgers will play, maybe not all 4, but at least 1. We aren't going to roll over and let the Lions beat us at home.

Brees and Brady likely will play because winner their last game has more impact on their spot in the playoffs.

I hope Rodgers gets a few touchdowns in the game though, I don't want Brees overtaking Rodgers. The Saints run up the score so you know they are going to try.

Members online

Latest posts