Week 17 and something to play for!!!!!!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who thought that we'd actually be playing a meaningful game in Week 17??? I know I didn't. After the games against the Pats and Jets, I was thinking about a top 3 pick for the Pack....

Now the PLAYOFFS are a possibility!!! Regardless of what happens next week, you have to have a positive feeling about this season. We have at least 3 more wins this year and an improving defense. I've noticed the Ted Thompson hate has rescinded quite a bit as we win. I was irate when the Pack chose McCarthy. Maybe I should eat some humble pie : ) I'm really looking forward to the offseason and the draft! Exciting times for the youngest team in the league!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we go 8-8 how can you not consider this season a delightful success?

Personally I was hoping for 13-3, but I'm wrong sometimes. SOMETIMES

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
If we go 8-8 how can you not consider this season a delightful success?

Personally I was hoping for 13-3, but I'm wrong sometimes. SOMETIMES

Cuz some people want perfection every year

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking 6-10, so they've already exceeded my expectations. The fact that they can still make the playoffs is kind of a fluke. If the Packers make it, they would probably be the worst team ever to make the NFL playoffs. I remember the Cleveland Browns getting in with an 8-8 record back in the 80's and losing to the Dolphins in the first round. But at least the Browns won their division.

It would still be fun to have the Packers in the playoffs, though, and the experience might do these young players some good.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got to echo what Miller said. The defense has stepped it up the last couple weeks and that is making the difference.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if our d keeps playing like it is and our o plays like it should,we can be one of the best teams in the nfc.

most of the teams in the nfc playoffs are not that great(except the bears, but even they have flaws).

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I hate to be a wet blanket on this issue, but if we were to be totally honest about it we would have to admit that this Packer team is really not a playoff caliber team yet. :shrug:

If they get by the Bears and have a playoff game, it will be exciting...

But there will have to be some key moves made in the off season to make this team a "legitimate" playoff contender next season...!

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I hate to be a wet blanket on this issue, but if we were to be totally honest about it we would have to admit that this Packer team is really not a playoff caliber team yet. :shrug:

If they get by the Bears and have a playoff game, it will be exciting...

But there will have to be some key moves made in the off season to make this team a "legitimate" playoff contender next season...!

I agree man, but we have a QB that can turn it on when it counts. You never really know what could happen when you have Favre behind center. Our recievers and TE's need to step it up and get **** done.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody thought this team would win 7 games (non Packer fans that is). A lot of us didn't think they'd win 6 games. Most of us looked at the schedule and saw those toss up games and gave it to GB because we are Packer fans. No matter how anyone wants to twists it. Green Bay has exceeded expectations this season and win or lose Sunday, Green Bay has something to build off of heading into 07.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just imagine if they woulda won those games they shoulda won but let the games slip due to inexperience. dang!

oh well, 2007 will be the ****.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think not making the playoffs will spur the Packers on next year but if we do make it then sure it'll be good experience for the younger players.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly after Week 5 I did not think the Pack would have a chance to go to the playoffs

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come game time there is the possibility the game will be meaningless.

Go all-the-teams-that-need-to-beat-the-other-teams for our playoff chances!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of us ever expected to see the Packers go this far in the year. Even if we dont make it, we will have come this far. I think its a better year than expected for the Pack I dont know what you think. I think so.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
None of us ever expected to see the Packers go this far in the year. Even if we dont make it, we will have come this far. I think its a better year than expected for the Pack I dont know what you think. I think so.

That's ********. I as some others predicted 8 - 8. DO I need to bump THAT thread too?

Here's my post.

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:45 PM

I don't think a 8 - 8 season is all that far fetched. Eight of our games we play are against first year coaches just as we have.

2006 opponents
Home [5 - 3]
W - Arizona Cardinals
L - Chicago Bears
L - New England Patriots
W - Detroit Lions - New HC
W - Minnesota Vikings - New HC
W - New York Jets - New HC
W - New Orleans Saints - New HC
L - St. Louis Rams - New HC

Away [3 - 5]
W - San Francisco 49ers
L - Miami Dolphins
L - Philadelphia Eagles
L - Chicago Bears
L - Seattle Seahawks
W - Detroit Lions - New HC
L - Minnesota Vikings - New HC
L - Buffalo Bills - New HC

if the Packers win at Bears, Home 3 - 5 and Away 5 - 3 ... I had that backwards. But the overall record ... damn near right on!!!

Do some research before you say 'None of us' next time! * damn women! * :)

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How dare you packerchick for actually having a life and not having the time nor desire to look through 10 months worth of threads before you say that. :doh: :rotflmao:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected that they would end up somewhere around 5-11.
If GB beats the Bears and makes the playoffs,it is possible some people will think that they are the worst playoff team in history but they will have exceed mine and many others expectations. That is good enough for me. For now.
Hopefully they will continue to build on that in the off season.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expected that they would end up somewhere around 5-11.
If GB beats the Bears and makes the playoffs,it is possible some people will think that they are the worst playoff team in history but they will have exceed mine and many others expectations. That is good enough for me. For now.
Hopefully they will continue to build on that in the off season.

Worst Playoff Team in history was still good enough to make the playoffs in their respective conference.

Edit: I rather be the worst playoff team ever than not be a playoff team at all in that same season.

Sadie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They definately exceeded my expectations by far. At the point in the season when they were 1-4, I basically had given up. By pulling themselves to 7-8 is a feat in itself and to think a good majority of the games we lost came down to the wire and could of went either way. That's a good sign in itself. Just think if the Rams, Bills, Saints games had went our way, we'd be sitting here at 10-5.

Worst playoff team ever? What about Minnesota in 2004? Or even some of the teams this year aren't as good as their record makes them out to be. We aren't a complete team but either are the Colts and the Bears.

Our offensive line has holes, yeah but other than that we are solid everywhere else. Give us a veteran O-line and we'd be right up there with the rest.

The Colts can't stop the run, we can.
The Bears are a lop sided team, if their defense doesn't show up they lose.
We fit in well this year, I wouldn't worry.

can_of_corn21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you talking about? We played a meaningful week 17 last year as well. We were playing for a chance to draft Reggie Bush, and we blew that as well.

Members online

Latest posts