Week 16 Christmas Eve: Packers Will Beat Down The Vikings

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Most likely. And I am sure they will pay for it. Funny thing is, they started doing what he said and they mostly shut the Packers offense down in the second half.
You follow the Vikings closely, does this act of mutiny surprise you? Is this sop for Rhodes to go his own way?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Rhodes knew he was going to play like garbage yesterday. PFF gave him a 52 yesterday. For comparison sake everyone's Packer whipping boy Randall had an 80

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually it does. And no, this is apparently the first time. And hopefully the last.
so you are thinking the players haven't quit on Zimmer? This is just one of those games and I should expect redemption next week vs the Bears (and bet the the Vikings to beat the spread?)

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so you are thinking the players haven't quit on Zimmer? This is just one of those games and I should expect redemption next week vs the Bears (and bet the the Vikings to beat the spread?)

Despite the Vikings struggles this year, and yes they've been numerous, Zimmer seems like the kind of guy who players would like. I mean, I don't know what he's like in the locker room, and yes coaches can have at times different personas behind the scenes than they do on the field, but I just can't all the sudden picture the players have given up on him. They've had to roll with Bradford at QB and ... while Bridgewater may not be an NFL elite guy, I certainly think he brings more to the table than Bradford who has never (I don't believe) surpassed 7 wins in a season, and there's a reason for that. He and Mark Sanchez are just those kind of QBs that don't win you games consistently.

Well, to get back to the subject on hand, I don't think these rogue corners were doing it as an attitude that we need to quit on Zimmer, I just think they thought they should just do what they did last time because "it worked then," whereas the NFL is about making adjustments game to game, which is what Zimmer knew and I think most of his players as a whole knew that.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
No, they haven't quit on Zimmer. I think if anything, this will solidify anything he says in the future. I highly doubt anyone will stray far from his directions in the future. I more than likely cost them the game and a slim chance at the playoffs.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
No, they haven't quit on Zimmer. I think if anything, this will solidify anything he says in the future. I highly doubt anyone will stray far from his directions in the future. I more than likely cost them the game and a slim chance at the playoffs.
Raptorman, How do you think they should handle this?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Raptorman, How do you think they should handle this?
Since I don't know what's going on in the locker room it's hard to say. But if it was me, I would bring the team together and ask them if any of them think they know better I would be more than willing to hand over the head coaching job for the next game. See who steps up.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Despite the Vikings struggles this year, and yes they've been numerous, Zimmer seems like the kind of guy who players would like. I mean, I don't know what he's like in the locker room, and yes coaches can have at times different personas behind the scenes than they do on the field, but I just can't all the sudden picture the players have given up on him. They've had to roll with Bradford at QB and ... while Bridgewater may not be an NFL elite guy, I certainly think he brings more to the table than Bradford who has never (I don't believe) surpassed 7 wins in a season, and there's a reason for that. He and Mark Sanchez are just those kind of QBs that don't win you games consistently.

Well, to get back to the subject on hand, I don't think these rogue corners were doing it as an attitude that we need to quit on Zimmer, I just think they thought they should just do what they did last time because "it worked then," whereas the NFL is about making adjustments game to game, which is what Zimmer knew and I think most of his players as a whole knew that.
i think you may be correct, that being said if they are allowed to get away with this a very damaging precedent will be set.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think you may be correct, that being said if they are allowed to get away with this a very damaging precedent will be set.

I doubt Rhodes (and whoever else will get away with it). They were told to do a job and it was clear as day out there that their "smartest guy in the room" attitude and not doing it officially ended their season. I mean, not that they would've made the playoffs anyway with all their problems, but this game is certainly going to be the final straw breaking the camel's back to the season ending. I don't know if Rhodes gets cut or gets a hefty fine out of his paycheck, but I'm certain it will be the players being held responsible and not Zimmer.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt Rhodes (and whoever else will get away with it). They were told to do a job and it was clear as day out there that their "smartest guy in the room" attitude and not doing it officially ended their season. I mean, not that they would've made the playoffs anyway with all their problems, but this game is certainly going to be the final straw breaking the camel's back to the season ending. I don't know if Rhodes gets cut or gets a hefty fine out of his paycheck, but I'm certain it will be the players being held responsible and not Zimmer.
I certainly hope you are right.

Members online

Latest posts