Week 16 Christmas Eve: Packers Will Beat Down The Vikings

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings plane skidded off the runway in Appleton last night. Because the airport did not have a stairway that was tall enough, the local firefighters had to us a cherry picker and deplane the players two by two. It took a few hours to do this. If that is any indication of what the Vikings game is going to be today...
AP is not playing due to a groin injury. Speculation that he went back on the playing field too soon.
I'm so glad I can listen to Packers Radio Network at home. I just love the dagger call!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I just don't like the sound of their voices.
Maybe its because Fox always seems to put Buck and Aikman on the "big games", I associate their voices with an all important game, which over the years, the Packers have had quite a few of with Joe and Troy calling them. I had not watched MLB in a long time, but with the Cubs being in the Series, I had to jump on the Band Wagon and watch the games. Joe Buck did an excellent job calling those games IMO.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind them as much as I used to. Back in the day I always picked up a bit of rivalry between Aikman and Favre and when Aikman started doing his announcing the bias kind of bled over. He seemed much more critical of the Packers in general and specifically Favre, which looking back was probably as likely my bias against him picking up his bias against the Packers. But more recently, I find him to be a pretty good announcer overall.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind them as much as I used to. Back in the day I always picked up a bit of rivalry between Aikman and Favre and when Aikman started doing his announcing the bias kind of bled over. He seemed much more critical of the Packers in general and specifically Favre, which looking back was probably as likely my bias against him picking up his bias against the Packers. But more recently, I find him to be a pretty good announcer overall.

And to think I thought Packer fans hated him because he praises Mike McCarthy's play calling lol

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the Packers to blow them out. Anything less than a blowout and I would seriously consider replacing your entire coaching staff.

Packers 42 Vikinghere are lots of Packers fans wh

Lots of Packers fans will be calling for this no matter what the score ends up being.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
H

HardRightEdge

Yikes on Cobb!
Perhaps more Michael carries, more Montgomery out of the slot, at least to start with. If Michael keeps getting stopped for 1 yard as is his habit, then back to Plan A with Nelson and Adams taking more slot snaps.

H

HardRightEdge

On the other hand, since the first Bears game, there have been eight Packer games, in which he had 21 receptions, one week at 84 yards, the rest all less than half of that.
Having the threat is a positive whether you use it or not. Cook is getting throws against LBs; that's a byproduct of having 3 WRs that have to be accounted for.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrison Smith back for the vikings. That is a big addition for them.

But in the end ... not enough. Beat them down we did, I don't care if they got a couple garbage time TDs, that outcome was sealed at 38-13. That was definitely the way to have a Christmas holiday spent.

Well .... off to Detroit now.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings plane skidded off the runway in Appleton last night. Because the airport did not have a stairway that was tall enough, the local firefighters had to us a cherry picker and deplane the players two by two. It took a few hours to do this. If that is any indication of what the Vikings game is going to be today...
AP is not playing due to a groin injury. Speculation that he went back on the playing field too soon.
I'm so glad I can listen to Packers Radio Network at home. I just love the dagger call!

So why were they watering the runway before the Vikings plane arrived ?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well at least my team didn't lose by 42-3. The difference in the game was the two fumbles the Packers converted into TD's. Our left tackle shouldn't even be on the field. I would be surprised if he is even on the team next year.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well at least my team didn't lose by 42-3. The difference in the game was the two fumbles the Packers converted into TD's. Our left tackle shouldn't even be on the field. I would be surprised if he is even on the team next year.

Other difference was the Packers scoring game tds while the vikings settled for fgs. And the Packers defense showing up in the second half until garbage time.

What is going on with the viking's corners? Defying Zim? Is that true?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Other difference was the Packers scoring game tds while the vikings settled for fgs. And the Packers defense showing up in the second half until garbage time.

What is going on with the viking's corners? Defying Zim? Is that true?
Most likely. And I am sure they will pay for it. Funny thing is, they started doing what he said and they mostly shut the Packers offense down in the second half.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most likely. And I am sure they will pay for it. Funny thing is, they started doing what he said and they mostly shut the Packers offense down in the second half.
which is the only reason he may be able to salvage his job after a mutiny like that.

Members online

Latest posts