Week 15 - Da Bears Again

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
when did they burn timeouts or take a delay that wasn't intentional yesterday?

and that one sack, they'd had really good protection most of the game up to that point. all the routes were down field and another tick, it looked like someone was coming open going to the back corner of the endzone except the pocket collapsed and a Linebacker put our RB in Rodgers lap before he could step and throw. They got destroyed on that play. I'd need a replay, only saw it live, but where was he supposed to go with it? and don't say "just throw it away" he was in the pocket under heavy rush and nowhere to step even. You still have to get it to a receiver at that point, and they looked to be all down field.

Correction, they had Adams in the slot coming across, but he had 2 guys on him and there was no where to throw. after that, there was nothing and Jones is already 3 feet off the ground getting blown up in Rodgers' face.

They didn't in the Bears game on Sunday but it has been an issue in other games this year.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely respect your right to having an opinion and don't care about proving to be superior to anyone around here.

I just want to make you understand that you solely base your evaluation of the play call on the outcome of it - otherwise you should be mad about MLF having Rodgers throw the ball on fourth down early in the game in a similar situation as well.
And you are completely wrong about that. As i’ve said before and you have obtusely ignored.. the game situations were completely different so the comparisons are invalid. That is why I have not bothered to address it. However since you want to keep hammering that point... I will now ... just to point out how completely wrong you have been. I was uncomfortable with the decision to go for it earlier as well. My evaluation has absolutely nothing to do with the result. I have been very consistent on this point... and if you bother to pay attention you will find that I have advocated for “taking the points” in the past as well. As I was watching the Bears game, the second I realized that they were not running the ball on that 3rd down play I was disappointed... it certainly didn’t take long for my concern to be validated since Rodgers was immediately sacked, but the indisputable fact is that you have been completely and embarrassingly wrong about my motivations from the beginning. We can always debate whether the play call was correct or not. But you need to stop telling other people what you have decided that they think or why they think it... because you have no idea.

D

Deleted member 6794

And I also agree that we should have played for the field goal (by running the ball) to put us up by two scores.

The Packers have nearly as many offensive holding calls as sacks allowed this season. Maybe running the ball wouldn't have been any better, especially if blocked that way.

I was uncomfortable with the decision to go for it earlier as well. My evaluation has absolutely nothing to do with the result.

Yet you didn't complain about the play call because it resulted in a touchdown. Kind of proves my point, eh???

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have nearly as many offensive holding calls as sacks allowed this season. Maybe running the ball wouldn't have been any better, especially if blocked that way.

Yet you didn't complain about the play call because it resulted in a touchdown. Kind of proves my point, eh???
I have a response for you ... but it’s against the terms of service for this forum.... and frankly I don’t think you would understand it.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Running out of arguments???
nope ... just tired of you. You have ignored the only argument that matters and attempted to frame a different conversation. I have repeatedly told you that the game game situations were completely different... but you want to dogmatically hang on to that naive point of view so that you can try and prove that you know something about how I think.. which in and of itself is funny.

I have resisted putting you on ignore because your value in this forum is in bringing statistical facts to conversations when they are needed, but at this point I am going to put you on an ignore timeout.... not because i’ve run out of arguments, but because I would guess the rest of the forum is tired of reading this and frankly, at this point, I don’t think you deserve the respect of another response.

Members online

Latest posts