Week 13: Arizona v.s. Green Bay at Lambeau

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If we lose this game I think I'll jump off a bridge. The only 2 games these sorry losers have won was against the 49ers both times. At home, really no excuse not to blow this team out.

Unfortunately, as bad as the Cardinals are, the Packers have only won 2 more football games than they have. :eek:

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I just hope we stay relevant long enough for Rodgers and Jones to keep playing/trying and hopefully help me win a fantasy title. Beyond that, I can't bring myself to care anymore. Blow it up January 1st and restock. Gute is in a position to transform this team for next fall.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is when it starts. Aaron Rodgers is all business now.;)

Aaron Rodgers (November 25th): "So we just got to go back home, get some rest, beat Arizona ... and then come back and beat Atlanta ... then go to Chicago, a place we've won a number of times, beat them...go to New York around Christmas, beat them ... and then come home against Detroit, beat them."

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Aaron Rodgers (November 25th): "So we just got to go back home, get some rest, beat Arizona ... and then come back and beat Atlanta ... then go to Chicago, a place we've won a number of times, beat them...go to New York around Christmas, beat them ... and then come home against Detroit, beat them."
I really hope they do. Imo of this list only Atlanta and Chicago pose real threats. Im positive that we win this Sunday though

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

...and the Packers will still miss the playoffs.

H

HardRightEdge

I was wondering the other day what Dom Capers or Jordy Nelson are thinking of our losing season.
They may or may not be experiencing some schadenfreude, but regardless:

1) Capers has been out of work since Jan. 1 and I don't see anybody in a rush to hire him.

2) Carr has completed 263 passes, more than Rodgers, while Nelson has managed only 25 catches on 40 targets depite a 77% snap count for the season. Other than his outlier game against Miami, he's been a non-factor:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/11270/jordy-nelson

There's no reason to think parting ways with these guys was a bad idea. As for what they are thinking, I'm sure they have more pressing concerns than the fate of the Packers.

You might as well ask what Demarious Randall thinks. We could actually use that guy at safety were it not for his meltdown which, by the way, probably had something to do with Capers.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Sure AR, easy Peazy, now lets talk about what all the other teams have to do, so that those 5 consecutive wins make the Packers playoff eligible. Then lets talk about the Packers even being a legit playoff team. Not trying to sound like a Debbie Downer here and I recognize that AR is saying what he should, but ......oh never mind, its been said enough already. :coffee:

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope they do. Imo of this list only Atlanta and Chicago pose real threats. Im positive that we win this Sunday though
Agreed. Although Atlanta has not played well this season, I think that game will tell us a lot about our chances. If the Packers can somehow win convincingly, it'll be a good sign that maybe they are turning things around. If the game goes down to the final minutes, probably not a great sign.

Reaction score
Sadly even if we win out, we still need a decent amount of other games to go a certain way. Looking back the Lions and Redskins losses hurt pretty bad

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Sure AR, easy Peazy, now lets talk about what all the other teams have to do, so that those 5 consecutive wins make the Packers playoff eligible. Then lets talk about the Packers even being a legit playoff team. Not trying to sound like a Debbie Downer here and I recognize that AR is saying what he should, but ......oh never mind, its been said enough already. :coffee:
One thing is for sure. 9-6-1 is a guarantee.

This is the new R-E-L-A-X. Or "run the table".

Typically a 10-6 team makes it into the playoffs, and 9-6-1 is better than 9-7. The only problem is Minnesota and the tie breaker.

Reaction score

This is the new R-E-L-A-X. Or "run the table".

Typically a 10-6 team makes it into the playoffs, and 9-6-1 is better than 9-7. The only problem is Minnesota and the tie breaker.

We are gonna need Seattle and Chicago (last game of the year for them) to pull thru and had Minn an L. Oh and the Pats need to show up and beat them as well lol

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Guaranteed? You mean "Book it"? I will let Vegas know! ;)

We are much better than Jordy's new team, and are obviously better coached on defense than under Capers, who is probably gameplanning for imaginary games with his toupee off, muttering into a dead headset.
Kind of sad when we are at a point in the season when instead of comparing the Packers to the Patriots or the best team in the NFC, someone has to point out that "at least we are much better than the worst team in the NFL." :coffee:

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guaranteed? You mean "Book it"? I will let Vegas know! ;)

Kind of sad when we are at a point in the season when instead of comparing the Packers to the Patriots or the best team in the NFC, someone has to point out that "at least we are much better than the worst team in the NFL." :coffee:

I went through the 70's and 80's. Being better than a couple of teams was a successful year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I went through the 70's and 80's. Being better than a couple of teams was a successful year.
Shhhhhhh.....nobody wants to hear that right now LOL.....but yes, right now, it would seem like this team is right up there with those of the 70's and 80's, 3 wins against teams worse than the Packers. The time when just making the playoffs was celebrated whole heatedly and the talk of "what has to happen for the Packers to get in" started 5-6 weeks before the season ended. I miss the more current times of "What do the Packers need to do to secure home field for the rest of the playoffs?"

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we lose this game I think I'll jump off a bridge. The only 2 games these sorry losers have won was against the 49ers both times. At home, really no excuse not to blow this team out.

Unfortunately, as bad as the Cardinals are, the Packers have only won 2 more football games than they have. :eek:

People have hope with this group? I think we'd be better off losing so immediate changes are made/better draft pick, but I get you want to have a consistent winning culture in this sport.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are gonna need Seattle and Chicago (last game of the year for them) to pull thru and had Minn an L. Oh and the Pats need to show up and beat them as well lol

A more likely route is to root against Seattle and Carolina. With the Vikings up two full games plus the tiebreaker, that ship has sailed.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1) Capers has been out of work since Jan. 1 and I don't see anybody in a rush to hire him.

2) Carr has completed 263 passes, more than Rodgers, while Nelson has managed only 25 catches on 40 targets depite a 77% snap count for the season. Other than his outlier game against Miami, he's been a non-factor:

There's no reason to think parting ways with these guys was a bad idea. As for what they are thinking, I'm sure they have more pressing concerns than the fate of the Packers.

You might as well ask what Demarious Randall thinks. We could actually use that guy at safety were it not for his meltdown which, by the way, probably had something to do with Capers.

Randall thinks Hue Jackson needs a few more footballs in his personal collection.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree on Randall. After watching Ha-Ha play against the Cowboys on Thanksgiving, however, I'm glad Green Bay sent him to the Redskins. Bad angles, bad tackling......just ugly.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly even if we win out, we still need a decent amount of other games to go a certain way. Looking back the Lions and Redskins losses hurt pretty bad

Saw this on another site. Now it wasn't explained if any of those loses needed by the other teams had to be against certain teams or they could be any losses but if it is the latter I would say there is a very good chance 4 of those 5 things happen. I highly doubt any of those teams win out so that means 1 additional loss by the Seahawks, Panthers and Redskins would be enough.

http://www.packershome.com/forum/posts/t27368-2018-Packers-playoff

the picture din't post So i had to put in a link

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I could see a Eagles/Redskins split so that takes care of the Eagles.

Then the Redskins play the Giants, Titans and Jags. With Colt McCoy I see at least 1 loss there so that takes care of the Redskins (remember they already lost 1 to the Eagles) .

The Seahawks play the 49ers x2, Chiefs, Cardinals and vikings. Now it would be the easy thing to do to predict losses to the Chiefs and vikings and that might happen but the other three games are divisional games and I'll give them 1 loss of the three, then the vikes or Chiefs (maybe both) take them out and boom there go the Seahawks. This might be the toughest one of all though because the Seahawks are probably playing the best out of these 5 teams right now and counting on the 49ers and Cardinals is scary.

Next up is the Panthers. They play the Saints twice although the Saints will probably give up week 17 so that means a week 15 loss for the Panthers. That's 1 That leaves the Bucs, Browns and Falcons. 2 divisional games and the Browns. I'm giving them at least 1 loss there and pretty soon 4 of the 5 have happened.

I don't think the Bears will have anything to play for in week 17 (Saints and Rams will have the byes sewn up) but they might just want to go into the playoffs with a win so that one could go either way. They will lose to the Patriots and the Seahawks (maybe) that leaves us hoping the Dolphins and Lions can put enough together and pull it out. Just because I hate the viking I am going to say they will (but they probably won't) lose three so there you have it. All the help we need to make the playoffs.

Unfortunately as these 5 teams help us out by losing 2 or 3 of the next 5 games I think it might be even more likely the the Packers will also so that means even though we get the help we need we won't hold up out end of the bargain.

I hope I am wrong about the Packers but I am not overly optimistic. I want to be but I just can't.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts