Week 10 - Right Now Top 4 teams

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say we rolled out an NFL playoff (loved the segment on Mike and Wingo this morning) at this very moment with the 4 best teams across the entire league, divisions, conferences NONE of that matters. Who is your top 8

In my opinion, in no specific order:

Patriots - In solely because of their record...I truly don't believe they're the juggernaut of old years...who knows though with Brady and Beli they've proven never count them out. That said they haven't beat hardly anyone.

Packers - Despite the one utter disgusting goose egg, our defense has truly shown it can win game...the offense is coming into its own and Aaron Jones is ensuring Rodgers isn't the only Aaron we have to count on for getting things done. A weekly maturing WR corps is slowly growing in its confidence as well.

Saints - Like the Packers they had one UGLY loss...but to be honest this team has beat better teams more than anyone in the league...and flat scare me.

**TOUGH TO get my 4th in....

Seahawks - They're in more because of what they've done lately and for myself it was them or 49ers...Seahawks are not a team I ever wanna see in the playoffs.

If I went two more deep it would be the 49ers and Ravens for me.

Anyone else care to play?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll say this...it's been a long time since I've been this uncertain about the upper tier of NFL teams this late into the season.

The Patriots aren't the Patriots of years past, mostly because Brady is regressing, and he doesn't have much help offensively to accommodate for that regression. And the defense isn't nearly as good as their first 8 games would indicate.

The Chiefs defense cannot be relied upon to help Mahomes out when it really counts (reminds me of many Packers teams the past few years)

The Saints just got humbled by the Falcons. The 49ers didn't look that impressive to me against the Seahawks. Granted, they are a good football team.

If I had to rank them right now, I'd say...

1. 49ers - only loss to Seattle, gotta respect that for now.
2. Packers - so many quality wins against good competition. Got caught with their pants down against the Chargers. Otherwise, very solid.
3. Ravens - got embarrassed by the Browns, but otherwise have looked extremely solid. Trounced the Patriots.
4. Patriots - still only lost 1 game. Gotta give Brady and Belichick top 5 respect at this point.
5. Seahawks - Russ is out of his mind right now.
6. Texans - they've shored up some deficiencies on that team and are playing quite well. Each loss has come to teams with an above .500 record.
7. Saints - I'm not sold on Brees at this point.
8. Chiefs - They still have Mahomes

Might be something of a flawed list, but that's how I see it.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems most of the media talking heads and the NFL power rankings place GB at 5 or 6th spot. I think they see Rodgers with the same old defense. If somehow the Pack can get a win in SF....they shoot to number one. they have to play complete error free game...start to finish.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems most of the media talking heads and the NFL power rankings place GB at 5 or 6th spot. I think they see Rodgers with the same old defense. If somehow the Pack can get a win in SF....they shoot to number one. they have to play complete error free game...start to finish.

It takes time usually for a defensive swing like this...shoot it usually takes time with a new head coach...shoot it usually takes time for a wide receiving corps of second year and rookies basically to perform.... :)

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Seahawks
2. 49ers
3. Ravens
4. Packers
5. Patriots
6. Saints

For us specifically, Ravens are probably the worst matchup. I'd really hate to face Lamar with the status of our defence. He's likely to shred us both in QB rushing and big plays.

Last edited:
Reaction score
1. Seahawks
2. 49ers
3. Ravens
4. Packers
5. Patriots
6. Saints

For us specifically, Ravens are probably the worst matchup. I'd really hate to face Lamar with the statue of our defence. He's likely to shred us both in QB rushing and big plays.
One would think that. But we did a decent job against CMC and he’s arguably the biggest threat in the league. He was fortunate to break 100 yards. The 9 yard credit from Campbell’s Forced fumble put him over 100 yards. Outside of that he had 99 yards. 9 of those came on the final drive where we begged them to run on their 2 minute drill. In retrospect, that paid off for us on his 2 final runs as they ran short of time because of those. Time was their biggest enemy. 1-2 more plays could’ve put that game in OT.

I honestly believe we can go toe to toe with anyone.. provide one thing, we can run the ball somewhat effectively. I like our chances with the Aaron Jones show with special guest Jamaal Williams. I would take them over Eddie Lacey and Starks in their prime because they are equal but more versatile.
Finally, Rodgers doesn’t have to do it all himself. He can win games without ever throwing a TD pass. That’s dangerous.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One would think that. But we did a decent job against CMC and he’s arguably the biggest threat in the league. He was fortunate to break 100 yards. The 9 yard credit from Campbell’s Forced fumble put him over 100 yards. Outside of that he had 99 yards. 9 of those came on the final drive where we begged them to run on their 2 minute drill. In retrospect, that paid off for us on his 2 final runs as they ran short of time because of those. Time was their biggest enemy. 1-2 more plays could’ve put that game in OT.

I honestly believe we can go toe to toe with anyone.. provide one thing, we can run the ball somewhat effectively. I like our chances with the Aaron Jones show with special guest Jamaal Williams. I would take them over Eddie Lacey and Starks in their prime because they are equal but more versatile.
Finally, Rodgers doesn’t have to do it all himself. He can win games without ever throwing a TD pass. That’s dangerous.

Problem is that that Raven attack is not focused on any single player. I believe their strengths match against our weakness i.e. run defence and covering TEs. Plus Lamar is capable of big plays which we are again susceptible against. Their O-Line is quite sturdy too and our edge rushers will not have an easy game.

All in all, I don't like this matchup. It's not like we are going to roll over, but this would be a tough outing. Both offences will have a good time against opponents defences.

D

Deleted member 6794

For us specifically, Ravens are probably the worst matchup. I'd really hate to face Lamar with the status of our defence. He's likely to shred us both in QB rushing and big plays.

The Ravens are currently a difficult matchup for every defense in the league. I wouldn't mind playing them in the Super Bowl though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts