Week 1 : Jacksonville Jaguars

D

Deleted member 6794

He does well but how many times have we seen him look up at the play clock and have to call a quick time out, often in the 1st/3rd quarter? It's a bad habit of his IMHO and not just related to game 1.

There's absolutely no doubt the Packers offense has troubles getting a play off way too often. McCarthy took responsibility for the issues in week 1.

Shanghai Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree the refs missed some calls (but what game don't they?), they missed calls both ways. There were times when they swallowed their whistles on PI calls against the Jags too. As long as they are consistent, it works its way out in the end (usually). I for one wish more refs would swallow the whistle for PI, unless its super obvious. Seems like most of the time there is an equal amount of hand fighting and jockeying for position and 99% of the time its called PI on the defense.

The one call I wish they would get right and yes I know it favors Rodgers and the Packers, is the damn off sides on the Defense when the DL jumps, gets back and doesn't actually cause the OL to flinch. Yesterday, it seemed like Taylor could have had eaten a sandwich by the time he reacted to a DL jump and he still got the refs to flag the Jag for offsides.

A report came out today about where the NFL essentially acknowledged the refs weren't good in the game and it primarily negatively impacted the Jags. I'm glad not to have the tables reversed of course, but in the end, I just want a well-called game. We've been burned very badly before by bad refs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...onville-jaguars-week-1-loss-green-bay-packers

Members online

Latest posts